Main Menu

Combat Fury(3) negligible? Then what about Fury of the Ages?

Started by Stromgaard, June 09, 2004, 09:17:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stromgaard

Is it worth spending the points getting through Combat Fury to get to Fury of the Ages? I can't seem to find much about it...

Anyone know what the crit rate is with FotA?

Regards,
Stromgaard, AB

Kylaz

From what I see using coprolith spread sheet, bringing my CF from 1 to 3 would add about 0.6 DPS and going to FotA 3 adds 1 more melee DPS.
Download this nice tool (based on parses & statistics insights) and try it on your case.
Stickied in equipment forum: Do-it-yourself weapon comparison and ranking (upd jun03 '04)
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:lizĀ·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail

Stromgaard

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't look everywhere it seems :D

Tastian

FoA is a better return than CF2 & 3, but still no where near what CF1 is.  Also you have to get through CF2 & 3 to get it.  Overall the return is very low and there are a LOT of other AAs (almost all of them lol) that will return more damage per AA point spent.

Stromgaard

OK thanks alot :D

Think I will be aiming for Sinister Strikes next then !

Coprolith

I only parsed out CF1 thru 3 myself, but based on information provided by other people, its pretty safe to assume that FotA just adds 0.5% per level to the crit rate. Same as CF2 and CF3 in fact. The reason CF1 is so efficient and the others are not is because the DEX bonus to the crit rate is a simple addition, not a multiplication. As soon as you get CF1, you get the DEX bonus added to it, and subsequent levels of CF and FotA are not affected by DEX, they just add another 0.5%. Why Sony choose to implement the effect of DEX this way is a mystery to me, but there it is.

Whether its worth the cost is up to you. Its not a very efficient way to improve your dps, but seeing a whole string of 889 crits fly by during fury /disc combined with Frenzy of Spirit does make me chuckle

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Vidyne

:(
Highest crit I have had is 385 with disc with H2Hs

with 2hb I think i had a 550 or so.... non crit with disc.

However after learning my H2Hs were still so much better than my 2hb even with a good haste item, I put the 2hb in the closet so to speak.

However like our friendly topic creator, I do see ALOT of people maxing melee crit... very early, before 150 or even 100aa...

It just makes me wonder also if im missing something.

Personally im going to finish up melee crit to lvl 6 around 250 aa and not before.

Tastian

"However like our friendly topic creator, I do see ALOT of people maxing melee crit... very early, before 150 or even 100aa... "

Some guilds actual require combat fury 3 of beastlords above many other AA's in some cases even when only requiring 100 AA's they still list combat fury 3.  Beastlords are a VERY misunderstood class, especially when it comes to AAs and I think you are just seeing a lack of information or an over abundance of mis-information at work.  I've had people telling me how much more they are criting and how mobs are dropping so much faster when they get combat fury 3 over combat fury 2.  People constantly amaze me with what they can perceive with their eyes through casual play and I need hours of log files to even notice hehe...or perhaps it's their gut and not their eyes.  8P

My best "punch" is still 861 crit with feral swipe during BF hehe.  I'm not even sure I'd get CF3 in my first 300 AAs with what is out now hehe, but all depends on your situation and personal preferance as always.   8)

Coprolith

QuoteSome guilds actual require combat fury 3 of beastlords above many other AA's in some cases even when only requiring 100 AA's they still list combat fury 3.
Really? ROFL. I guess that's what you get if you write down the requirements for apps without actually checking with the classes themselves. Those people you mention are forgetting that the benefits of CF/FotA applies only to half our dps, i.e. the part that is not our pet or our spells. For a straight melee that 5% crit rate is almost pure dps gain, we'd have spend another 15 pts on Warder'd Fury to get the same.

Oh yeah, 889 crits. They are with my SoFW (42 base damage). Its really just for the fun of it, the crits themselves aren't adding much dps and we all know that dw combo's outdamage 2HB in general. Hitting FoS puts my 2HB ATK over 1900 nowadays, which guarantees a lot of max damage hits, which then get doubled by disc and critted. Seeing those strings of max crits go by is actually incentive for me to get FotA in the not-too-distant future; not for the dps, but to increase the chance of those strings occurring. Its not all about dps or efficiency  :wink:

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

Oneiromancer

Hehe, yeah, I only got CF, WF and WA for the eye candy...I'm under no illusion that it increased my dps in any large way.  It's just fun to see that.  I got my personal best crit of 346 last night while disc'ed...it's fun to keep track of that, for sure.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Tastian

No it's not man hehe it's a game ya gotta have some fun.  Also understand that the largest source of beastlord mis-information are beastlords themselves.

http://www.talismanguild.org/TalismanVB/showthread.php?s=53610d1f43af4a5c1ff382f525b15ecf&threadid=9019

"The AA skills required for each class were determined by the members of that class within the guild. These are the abilities that the members consider to be the absolute minimum required in order for an applicant of a given class to prove useful on a raid. There are no exceptions to these requirements."

"Beastlord:
Required:
Spell Casting Reinforcement 3
Combat Agility 3
Combat Fury 3
Natural Durability 3
Physical Enhancement
Pet Discipline
Mass Group Buff
Paragon of Spirit
Planar Power 5
Bestial Frenzy 5
Lightning Reflexes 5

Total = 115"

Hehe I personally would rank another good 200 AA points above CF2 & CF3 hehe, but *shrugs*.  There are other cases, but that's one of the ones I talked with someone about most recently so was still fresh in my head hehe.

Coprolith

ROFL. Man that has got to be a typo. That should have been Combat Stability instead of Combat Fury.

Ah well, the Crusade against Misinformation continues...

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

Vidyne

Hrm... that seems about right..

Heres how I would put it... tho i know Talisman is an uberguild I think?

"Beastlord:
Required:
Spell Casting Reinforcement 3
Natural Durability 3
Physical Enhancement
Pet Discipline
Mass Group Buff
Paragon of Spirit
Bestial Frenzy 5

Recommend:
Combat Agility3
Lightning Reflexes5
Combat Fury1

Avoidance is HUGE... but is not necessarily needed
Combat Fury1... can be argued .... i dunno
Combat Fury2 and 3, I agree with Tastian
Planar Power5 is just silly....

MGB is a GROUNDBREAKING aa..
Paragon is a GROUNDBREAKING aa
ND3 isnt groundbreaking, but its a HUGE HP boost
SCR3 gives another tic or 2 to paragon, making it groundbreaking so to speak
Pet Disc ... isnt ground breaking but.. is just needed, period.
BF5 is the single most powerful point for point dps boost for a beastlord.

Combat Fury is a marginal dps boost.... not groundbreaking or "great" imo
PP5, 25 sta or 25 str or 25 dex really... REALLY going to make that much difference on a raid?  Id put spell crit > PP5... just my opinion
Id put Warder's Fury > PP5
Walarcity > PP5
SM2 > PP5
Innate Defense > PP5
the list can go on for a bit... just my opinion.
Not a rant on PP5 lovers...

didnt mean to caps mgb and para....
just you gotta admit...
MGB Para will help the raid out 10x as much as BF5, combat fury3, and half a million other aa, for most raids that is... just for the healers mana alone.  If its an AoE mob... then even more.

Tastian

Yes they are quite uber.  8)  Also there are other recommended AAs and they have a very solid app process.  You won't be seeing many people in the guild with just 115AAs hehe.  Like I said their app was just the one that popped into my mind from recent memory.  I know other guilds that list CF3 as well.  It just further goes to show that Guild leaders and beastlord players themselves don't always have the soundest understanding of the class hehe.

Derrict

Quote from: TastianFoA is a better return than CF2 & 3, but still no where near what CF1 is.  Also you have to get through CF2 & 3 to get it.  Overall the return is very low and there are a LOT of other AAs (almost all of them lol) that will return more damage per AA point spent.

I disagree. I parsed CF2 through Fota3 0.5% per level with max dex.

As far as high end guild AA requirements, most still leave up the AAs they required when Luclin was the current expansion; they just never bothered removing some of the less useful AAs currently.
[65 Marauder] Derrict (Halfling) - Retired
[65 Feral Lord]Ferome (Vah Shir) - Retired