Main Menu

Help me pick some AAs

Started by Aneya, July 02, 2004, 04:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aneya

I have 233 AAs spent already and I'm at a bit of a lose as to what to spend them in next. I'm getting tiered of banking 10 or 15 aas at a time before getting something. So I've been considering silly AAs like Poison Resistance and the Pre-Requisites for Mind Body Rejuvination simply because I won't have to bank too many AAs to get em.

My question is if you where in my possition what cheap aas would you invest in and why.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Kylaz

If your magelo profile is correct, go ND 3 asap - the added HP really counts.

If you happen to solo, I'd recommend healing AAs. They made a big difference for me.
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:lizĀ·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail

Vidyne

ND3 - more hp is a good thing(ND3 from ND0 was 350 hp for me, itd be another 280 hp I think for ya, or more, from ND1 to ND3... thats not shabby for 10aa)

Frenzy of Spirits - this really is a decent boost to attacking and just goes so well with beastial disc on raids, ldon or whatever.

Hobble of Spirits - I use this alot in LDoN and sometimes when soloing, but some people are ok without snare... is up to you, but definately an option I think.

Mend Companion - Heh I know with the new super pet aug and triple regen we dont heal the pet much anymore, but I still have times I have to drop a heal on my warder(now a mend).  If your warder is ever taking much damage and you have any reason to heal him, id recommend Mend.  (IE:  you group with a cleric who doesnt heal pets...  or you solo a bit)

Healing Gift - Beastlords dont heal much, but when we do, be nice for it to crit, and its a viable investment at this stage in the game.

I dunno much about the Ele beast... so all of this may seem not good for you.  I do about 50% group/50% solo now, so this is the way I would put AA.
Healing Gift and Mend are more solo AA... as for most good ele groups I doubt youd need them.   Frenzy is always good, its just a matter of is there anything else better.  Hobble is good for LDoN, and ND3 is good all the time.

For raids, you might want innate resists, or pet flurry 4 and 5 or weapon affinity 5, but I think you said you didnt like saving aa.

Tell us more about what you do/wanna do.(group/solo, where?  raid/etc...)

flush

Sinister Strikes

Finish WA5

Frenzy of Spirit

Pet Affinity

CF3, FotA3

ND3

Just suck it up and save, what's the issue? it's AA that's going to be spent anyways.

My UI
Quotemmm, let the buku raid credits roll in....mmmm...

Vidyne

"I'm getting tiered of banking 10 or 15 aas at a time before getting something"

me thinks she wont like Sinister... /shrug

Aneya

Thanks for the feedback. Always useful to get a second opinion.

In a way I wanted to make sure there wasn't any minor aa upgrades that I overlooked.

My situation is this. I raid 40% of the time, I solo 40% of the time and I group with non raiding friends 20% of the time.

I rarely cast PC heals. Either I cast it on myself soloing or I do it on Rathe Council encounter which we haven't done in a while. So I consider healling aas a low priority for me.

I've never gone for the more HP is better idea so I've only invested in ND1.

My aa investments  have been following the concept of what can make me get aas faster and I feel I'm getting close to the point where I run out of aas that will make me get aas faster. Extra hp regen is bordering on more ND in a way.

Another criteria was that I realize BSTs generate a ton of agro and there is a fine line between max dps and dead. So I've been very careful with my offensive aa choices.

I threw in Poison Resist AAs because Poison Resist is my weakest resist and in GoD with Chromatic resist checks Its always good to shore up your lowest resist. On the other hand, raising Poison Resist only really helps me in GoD so sinking 15 points there seems a bit odd.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Tastian

"Another criteria was that I realize BSTs generate a ton of agro and there is a fine line between max dps and dead. So I've been very careful with my offensive aa choices. "

Combat fury will raise your damage without raising your aggro.  Hardest part of CF is CF3 imo, after that FoA is cheaper and more reason in the dps per aa ratio department.

Frenzy of spirits is cheap and really great imo.  Lots of spots where it's very powerful and even just using on a boss mob or with a few mobs in camp to get some extra oomph (sp?) is great.  8)

You have some options, but it's up to how you want to spend them and how much you want to wait and save up for.  Some more optimal choices like SS, but that's 15AA.