Main Menu

Beastial Alignment AA

Started by mmxstryker, July 12, 2004, 06:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmxstryker

Any possibility of having them re-evaluate the reuse time on this AA? I mean its very cool and offers a decent boost (although I still think I do more damage with the class AA or even my Discipline), the reuse time makes it worthless. I have almost deleted the hotkey a number of times. I'd like to be able to use it more than once per raid.

Corss

Hopefully we can get it to correllate to the reuse of Beastial Frenzy... or whatever the level 60 disc is.  Forget the name for some reason.  :(

Corss 66.115 Beastlord::Aeria 65.52 Druid
Seventh Hammer

Kebrarn

Ya I think this needs to be changed to be something a bit more useful.  With 3 levels of it its just our disc minus the minimum hit part which makes it only slightly useful.  Not to mention the insane reuse time and the fact that I have to reshrink after I use it.

I think this should either have its damage output increased considering its cost, duration and reuse time.  I'd also be partial to having the damage toned down alot and have it last for a long duration (1 hour+).  People hardly get a chance to see me in my cool warder form.
Wildcaller Kebrarn  ~ 70th Wildblood
The Folk of Fennin Ro

Aneya

This aa definately needs some tweaking.

Back before GoD was released I was hoping we'd be able to stay in warder form permanantly while in a zone but they didn't implement it that way. Oh well. :/

As its stands now, a 30 second disk isn't too bad but the aa cost seems a bit steep. I think the aa cost should be toned down or higher ranks should reduce the reuse timer on top of the slight increase in dps they give. Otherwise I see no point in going past BA 1.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

seravok

I didnt go higher than BA1 after i realized it doesnt stack with bestial fury .

Pitty tho i was hoping to have BF , Frenzy , BA up at once to do some kick ass dmg but thats a no go .
Elder http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=744645">Seravok Moonwalker. - Savage Lord 70 Beastlord - Eci Server.

thukthuk and gator

If I recall correctly didnt I read that a suspended pet will now come back out shrunk if he was shrunk when suspened?  If so it seems like they have the ability to "save" your shrunk state when this medicore AA fades....

That would at least quiet the gripes about having to reshink after each use.
Thukthuk and Baron Gator <Arete> E'ci Server

Thuky's Gear

Klav

I have something to say about BA and might as well catch this boat while i can.
If it all possible take Bestial Alignment a step forward and in OOW develop disciplines( it states new ones, hopefully they were talking about hybrids as well.)
As many have suggested in the past about turning into the form of their warder. I would like to send back an idea.

Within the Luclin manuel, it states that " the more experienced among them are able to mimic the skills of a bear, tiger, eagle, or snake."

Would it be possible for develops to expand Bestial Alignment into becoming animal combat skills. For example: Bear Mimic-Stun Resist, Tiger Mimic-Cleave (#), Eagle Mimic-Accuracy, and Snake Mimic-Strikethrough.

But keep in mind a duration that is worth despensing endurance skills.

Also since im referring to combat skills/disc. Can you have them check the Fearless combat skill because in plane of time it does not do anything against those fear spells which to me shows a lack of usefulness altogether.

Thank you for your time.
"You of all people should understand what I am trying to accomplish here. You too know what it feels like to be cast aside; you've only dealt with the pain a few years-I've dealt with it for a millenia...Seeing you people everyday on this perfect little world He created for you is a constant reminder that my kind came first; your kind was most revered. And while you know forgiveness; we only know regret.

The lesson must be taught. All are accountable."-Bartleby

Shere Khaan

Maybe someone with a better memory can help me out here...

I thought I read on the dev boards that they were going to implement a feature that saved your relative height for all illusions. Meaning if you were double shrunk normally and then had illusion cast on you, you would be double shrunk in the new illusion. And again when it wore off.

I spent ages looking for the post but can't find it. Maybe I just dreamed it, but this should be true for all illusions I think.

Shere Khaan

Rainor Wolfheart

I don't know, I actually like the current way the AA has been implemented for the most part.  It's another damage disc that can be raised to a 100% increase in all melee dmg.  And since most other classes only have one dmg disc its a bonus that most other classes do not have.  I will admit that the reuse time is a bit excessive, 45mins to an hour might be more in line.  30 mins like Bestial Fury would be asking for too much imo even though it would be pretty sweet  :P .  I do wish that they would change 3 features about it though.

One is the 20% spell resistance.  The chances of getting hit by a spell or AE in the period of time BA is up (Does SCR affect it? Might be another bonus since it might be 40 secs instead of 30 secs with SCR).  Possibly raising the spell resistance to 50% at least may be more in line.  Also anyone know exactly what spell resistance is and how its calculated? I'm 'guessing' its a 20% chance to resist spells on top of your resist check but its kinda vague...

Another is the fact that if you have an illusion on it will not stack with it and you have to manually click off the illusion (If possible) for BA to take effect.  Making BA stack with any illusion beneficial or detrimental would be a definate plus.

Last one is a race related issue, change the illusion on the barbarian Bestial Alignment to a white wolf instead of the black wolves we have currently.  It's funny yet annoying since I've had people ask me since when did bsts get a wolf illusion spell/item.   And all the other bsts in my guild and even the rangers make fun of me since I look like a druid/ranger wolf :roll: .
Rainor Wolfheart
65 Beastlord of The Tribunal
<Sol Invictus>

Tastian

"And since most other classes only have one dmg disc its a bonus that most other classes do not have."

Most other classes also do far more of their damage through melee than beastlords do too.  100% more melee damage is ~33% damage boost depending on a LOT of things for beastlords.  Where as 100% more damage for a monk is a good 90%+ damage boost.  When you realize that BA (and BF) aren't helping your PROC dps, your PET dps, your NUKE dps or your if possible DOT dps it really isn't nearly the boost most think it is.  I like it and I'm not trying to down play it, but I've had several people in the past week alone quote me "well you get that AA that doubles your total damage for 30 seconds" I'm usually go, "really which is that because I haven't found it yet" hehe.  

The issues with it not working if you are already illusioned or horror or horrors full of buff slots and it poofs for the next hour+ and you didn't even get your 30 seconds to run in circles is very frustrating.  I'll probably add this to the top 10 list as most seem to have several issues with it and I think there are some reasonable suggestions here.  Even just lowering the cost to 3/3/3 instead of 3/6/9 would make it more bareable.

mmxstryker

To be perfectly honest, didnt most of us buy it for the novelty of it? How many mages do you know that REALLY bought elemental form for another reason besides they look really freaking cool. I'd rather have the damage component taken away completely and have the reuse timer set to 5 minutes than see a real increase in DPS. I came very close to using it in SSra last night but then I thought, "here we are all huddled in the corner, pets shrunk as small as possible, everyone tiny and beating on a small snake as we cram for line of sight... How are they going to feel if for 30 seconds I'm bigger than our MA, SA, TA, and 4A combined!"

Liga

I know quite a few mages who bought water elem for the mana regen in non-horse zones...

SilvermaeneRZ

I actually like this aa.  I do wish the reuse time was shortened, or that the duration is longer.  The reason I really like this disc is the resist component (when it works) is money.  I play on Rallos Zek, and so I get to do a fair amount of PVP'ing.  I have been able to resist quite a few spells that would normally land no problem.  Lifetaps are just one example.  PVE wise the most notable resist I would say was The Cursed's caustic mist aoe in Ssra.  I would be very happy to see its cost reduced some due to the short duration and long reuse time.  In all honesty if they could lower the cost even just a wee bit and then offer an aa much like the sk's get to lower their harm touch id be ok with this aa.  

If you want to talk about an aa that really chaffes my a$$,  lets talk about Feral Swipe.  Its 9 aa for an attack that refreshes every minute.  It is prone to miss and it has a huge damage range.  I am not very happy with that
When I am hitting a mob with feral swipe for damage that I TYPICALLY do with battlefists and fangs.. im just not happy.  When I miss all together, then im actually kind of steamed.  I would seriously like either cost, the reuse time, or the damage range looked at for this aa.

Eatbugs

Minor additional complaint about Bestial Alignment - as of yesterday's patch, it seems everyone is using the Barbarian messaging.  I still turn into a croc, but the message says I'm channeling a "heroic canine spirit."

(Come to think of it, that's not even right for Barbs.  Shouldn't it be Lupine spirit?)
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Tastian

(shouldn't that be the bunny rabbits ARE coming?)