Main Menu

Beastial Alignment AA

Started by mmxstryker, July 12, 2004, 06:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Braedan_VZ

This can be a 100% dmg aa for us too. Just make sure both dots and nuke lands before you hit it.  Dots will be running and nuke will be grayed out.  

What I would like to see if they won't decrease the reuse time in make it about 2 min duration.

Tastian

"This can be a 100% dmg aa for us too"

That's just not true.  Our pet still doesn't gain, the ticks the dots are doing well it's running aren't doing more damage, our procs aren't doing more damage.  What % gain it actually is will vary a good bit and there are things you can do to adjust that, but there's no way BA is a 100% damage boost well it's active for a beastlord.  Mind you I'm not saying it should be.  However, I won't have people quote me something that simply isn't true.  Only way it'd be a 100% boost is if you had rank 3, no pet out, no dots going, no nukes landing, and no procs hehe.

Braedan_VZ

They gave us pet aa's, proc aa's, dot aa's and we already had nuke aa's.  This is meant as a purely melee dps boost.  The shielding I consider a bonus.  

You mentioned monks.  I don't know if they have a similar version or the same aa. But it prolly wouldn't do anything with their procs either.

From a purely melee standpoint, not comparing it to monks but current bl melee skills, 100% with BA3 is accurate if timed right.  

So does that mean with rank 3 and pet/dots/nuke/procs running it's over 100%

Tastian

I think we misunderstand each other.  People have commented to me in the past that BA3 allows a beastlord to do 100% more damage for it's duration and that statement is simply false.  Much like how bestial fury works.  

Take for example a beastlord doing...

70dps melee
30dps dots/nuke
70dps pet.

That means the beastlord is doing 170 dps total.  Once BA3 is clicked on the beastlords dps doesn't jump up to 340 during that time.  Instead the beastlords dps likely goes up to ~240 or so.  Even if you time your casts of nukes just before you BA/Disc (which most do) you still have the pets dps and the ticks of dots during that time that aren't having their damage augmented by the disc.  Even with 70dps melee and ignoring non-melee having the pet do 70 the beastlord doesn't go up 280dps, but rather goes up 210dps.  Again not 100% boost, but 50% boost.

However, when you have a monk or rogue that is doing the same 170dps they are doing ~160dps melee and 10dps proc.  When they drop disc they burst up to ~330dps because thier melee portion is doubled during this time.  

This will vary a lot based upon weapon selection, but beastlords will always have a smaller portion of their damage coming from pure melee and as such will always get less from the same "100% boost".  Again, I'm not saying this is wrong or needs boosting or anything.  What I am saying is that anyone that says BA3 allows a beastlord to double their dps well it's active is simply incorrect.

Xilef

Indeed, we don't get a 100% total dps increase.

Like many other AAs, we don't get the same improvement from most offensive AAs as other classes (combat Fury, ambi, sinister strike come to mind due to our lack of double attack), so you'd think the beastlord only AAs would somehow compensate for it.

At 18 AAs total (level 3), I think it's too expensive for what it is.

Possible improvements:
* make our pet benefit from it
* add a good chance to double attack (like the Ferocity line of focus), or increase the dmg modifier.
* make it stackable with the bestial disc
* reduce the reuse timer (but then it's just another disc on a different timer. not very unique except for the illusion.)

I'd like the first solution myself, but for raids when pet aren't usable that won't help.

PS: I don't raid, so I don't know how usefull the 20% spell shield/resist(?) is.
Predator http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=132288" target="_blank">Xilef - Level 68 Feral Lord of Inner Chi
Prexus Server

Braedan_VZ

Everyone is just prolly inferring that it's a melee increase.  No one really expects a total increase from all of our damage capabilities.

After monks/rogues/beasts disc, we can still use this aa when disc wears off for additional melee dps can't we?  If it uses disc timer that would really suck.

*note when discussing BA everyone use the term melee dps for accuracy purposes.

Shere Khaan

I think only one change would make this AA worth the cost and reuse timer. Make it stack with our damage disc. The current drawbakcs would then become balancing factors

What's a top beastlord doing melee dps these days? (not including procs) Maybe 120-140 dps tops? If we pop the disc and then aa we may be doing 560 melee dps for 30 seconds every 72 minutes at best. The dps increase from this would work out to 3 dps over the reuse time boost.

This equates to about 15k damage over the duration, a drop in the bucket compared to trueshot and not much more than manaburn and lifeburn.

I honestly think this is a reasonable request and would justify the aa cost, reuse timer and drawbacks of illusion.

Shere Khaan

Dummkopf

I dont want it to stack, instead of doing insane dps for 30 seconds and dieing after 20 from overaggro i like to do pretty decent but still not top dps for 1 minute, thats how i use bestial frenzy and bestial alignment at the moment, back to back on big bossmobs that i can melee long enough. Biggest issue for me is the need to reshrink after the illusion fades (the wolf is small enough by itself) wich is a pita if your fight isnt over.

Tastian

Just remember dumm that melee aggro is tied to the SWING of your weapon.  That aggro is determined by your damage bonus and the weapons damage and mod'd by a number.  If you hit for 500 or miss with a 40dmg weapon you get the same exact aggro.  I'm actually not sure that using BA + BF would be anymore aggro than just melee'n normally.