Main Menu

Spell Casting Fury level 2 doing a bit less dmg?

Started by Xilef, July 21, 2004, 07:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xilef

Hello,

I noticed recently that my nuke crits are doing a bit less dmg.
The 675 nuke crits for 1120 instead of 1125
The 450 nuke crits for 747 instead of 750

Level 2 of SCF is supposed to add 2/3 to the dmg, but it seems like they changed the formula from (dmg*5)/3 to dmg*1.66.

This is almost the same but the precision is lost.
Now, I understand this isn't a big deal. On a 2k nuke it's going to do 13 less dmg, but it's still a bug right?

I'm not sure when that started, as I just got back recently from a several month break, and I'm not sure if it was working correctly before last week's patch, but I think it did.

Obviously for level 3 there shouldn't be a problem since the formula is simply dmg*2.
Predator http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=132288" target="_blank">Xilef - Level 68 Feral Lord of Inner Chi
Prexus Server

Tastian

Oneiromancer

No, I've noticed this too.  I only have SCF 1, and my 75 point lifetap always critted for 100.  Now it consistently crits for 99.  My 50 point lifetap still crits for 66 though.  I've noticed this every night since the patches and keep forgetting to post on the board by the time I get to work in the morning.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Chubaka

Yup I only have CF1 so the crits are rare but my SLP 150pt dd only hits for 199 max. And since it is virtually unresistable, it used to be 200.
Chubaka
65 Beast
Terris Thule

Magelo
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=934088

Tastian

Yeah I took a shower and ran over some logs and did a few quick tests.  I've passed it along and waiting to hear something currently.

Coprolith

The real question is of course: how on earth do you manage to accidently slip a truncation bug into this in the first place? :D

(The alternative, that they deliberately changed 5/3rds into 1.66 is just too mindboggling to consider. Why?)

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Xilef

Yeah, good question.

The only thing I can guess is that they did some code cleaning when they redid the AA system and some (junior?) developer thought he'd remove a useless division (trying to optimize the CPU load or something... LOL).

Anyway, thanks Tastian for forwarding it.
Predator http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=132288" target="_blank">Xilef - Level 68 Feral Lord of Inner Chi
Prexus Server

Tastian

Nps.  My guess was a change because they have been working on the AA backend.  I did bring it up and am waiting on a response.  Like I mentioned though one of the people I usually get quicker responses from is out sick atm, so I'm not sure how it will go.  They are atleast aware of it for now though and that's unfortunately the best I can do.