Main Menu

New ideas on AA progression -- Level 70

Started by Toghat, July 13, 2004, 06:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerjynPovar

Quote from: HerekiHeh - actually, Nurga is a good example :).  At 62 I could get exp faster in Nurga than I can at 65.  But there was a wide range in how fast I could get exp at 61/62, depending on number of AAs.  At 65 with, say 50 AAs, I was much faster than at 62 with only 18 AAs, but slower than 62 with enough AAs to have Elder title.  My sweet spot at 62 was the Jeopla/Thabis corridor; at 65 I roam from Breplish to Donkot usually.

I'd be interested in knowing how fast you gained XP in Nurga at 62.  I could get an AA solo every 90 minutes or so at 65 in Nurga.  If you were going faster than that at 62 I'd be amazed.

I know when I hunted in Nurga at level 60 it took a lot longer than that per AA (I stopped at 60 to AA up through Paragon).  At least two and a half hours each, although it was quite a while ago so could mis-remember.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Hereki

I posted in threads in other sections at the time.  I haven't checked (what I put in the earlier posts would be definitive), but I think it was 3.5 down to 2.5 hours solo at 62, possibly better, then slowed back down again as I moved up tiers.  I am not quite sure what it is at 65, but with a low level druid bot, is around 3-4 hours for one AA (but fantastic exp for the druid).  I'll have to check again.  I could certainly easily get 3 or 4 AAs in one all day session.

TerjynPovar

That's certainly odd...like I said in Nurga I ground out XP faster than any other zone I tried.  I was quite obviously not uber enough to go solo in places for 14% AA XP per kill, so I was limited to Luclin and early PoP zones.

The closest zones to my Nurga rate were Valor, if I could get a good spot away from the masses (way slower and riskier kills but way more XP/kill) and Grieg's End.  No where else seemed to come close.

Even with a druid bot I would have expected your rate to be < 3 hours per AA at 65.  Hmm.

Vidyne

Hrm... fastest I can grind out is about an AA in 1hr 45min in grieg's, maybe 1hr 30min if I really nuke it and go all out mana wise....

/shrug, thats really really pushing it tho.
Usually I get an AA there in 2hr-2hr 15min... which is fine for me.

Oneiromancer

Torgiran I get AAs in 1.5-2 hours with so little risk it's not even funny.  If I have 9 in addition to KEI it's even faster than that...and if I get the hoarders or named to pop that's even better (since they're twice the exp but less than twice the hp).

I like GE better for the gem drops though.  And higher level mobs mean better exp for friends I'm grouping with doing normal experience.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Hereki

Druid wasn't contributing a lot, just a snare and the odd heal.  If I duo, my rate is about 3-4 hours.  In other words, I get a slower rate despite the added fire power (example there is with a 61 mage, 12 AAs, VT geared).

I will go back in shortly to work out a genuine solo AA rate.

Vidyne

Hrm.. just thought of something... would having Kei/Virtue help my solo AAage?
*edit*
of course it would... sigh*  im stupid at times...
but just saying.. maybe I could cut my 2hrs~ish /aa down to 1.5 or even 1.25 /aa with kei/9s or kei/V, I never thought of kei/V as that helpful once ive become almost self sufficient solo with self buffs.

Usually when I solo, I do it self buffs only, for such an ease of use, and the fact that I can take Grieg's NP without kei/Virtue and same for Inner AC.

hrm... maybe the added kei + 9s might help me nuke more I guess... /shrug

TerjynPovar

I do admit to achieve that rate I had to have KEI up, when I didn't it was somewhat slower, but still under 2 hours.

Was usually using Scorpion Venom + Frost Shard for my damage spells, kept Fero up on myself at all times.  Without KEI I'd generally have to ditch both damage spells.

As you can see by my Magelo, was using SHO + WLK (so hardly uber there), Flowing Thought 8 + MC 2, Vengeance V from items.

/shrug

Hereki

I found what I wrote before:

QuoteA BoT group often lasts me for 3-4 hours, sometimes more; if we are concentrating on exp, I get 1 AA per 90 - 120 minutes.  However, if someone in the group gets itchy for named hunting, and it always seems to happen, that exp goes right out the window.

Now, at 62 soloing with 18 AAs (rs3/regen3/SCR3) it took me around 3 hours 10-15 minutes to get an AA in Nurga at Jeopla camp.  That sounds worse than BoT at its best, but really was on a par with average groups; clearly worse than good groups, tho.  Add Paragon, a little CA, PE, pet mend into the mix, and at 35-40 AAs, same level, same camp, I was getting one AA in 2.5 hours.  That was a while ago, and I really haven't timed AAs at 65/Elder - partly because all the guild twinks like to come and sit with me and soak exp experience and faction.

That is no KEI, FT5.

In the same thread, Tastian was quoting 2 hours per AA in Fungus Grove at 62.

Hereki

Update on that; 65, BF5, WA1, usual other AAs.  2:00 - 2:15 for one AA solo in Nurga tier 5, self buffed only - no per focus.  Weapons were Savage Lords Pitchatka, Waning Light Katar.  FT7, 95% Bazaar gear (apart from SLP and elemental hat).  No down time allowed for, constant killing; the only times I stepped back were for rebuffs.  Roughly 1 minute per kill, 65-70 dps reported by eqwatcher (self melee, spells and procs, excluding warder).  

Buffs included Regrowth and Ferocity, popped Paragon as soon as it was available.  Warder with IoS, Arag's Celerity, and Rellic.

I don't think that I could beat that time without a significant dps boost.  KEI would have helped; as it was I rarely nuked and never dotted.