Main Menu

What you think of Roar of Thunder

Started by Liga, August 21, 2004, 04:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liga

Roar of Thunder III

Doing this poll to find out what the majority of people here think of this.

mythral

little bit early for this imo. its the very first stage of beta for the oow aa's, plus even in its current state, whats the reuse, the aa cost, range, etc.

Liga

Eatbugs

Dunno yet.  I'll know when I find out how many AA it costs and what the reuse time is.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Grymlok

Tell me the recast time, and I'll tell you if I care.

The Berserker: Foecussed

Panthermask

From what I have heard, the recast is 72 minutes at the moment.

I personally wouldn't mind having it as an emergency stun for when my guild is fighting gating mobs and no one remembers to mez/stun.  A level 70 cap would hit quite a few upper end mobs.  Unless you can also use it for some pulling (stun a mob, pull another beside it, and kill the second before the stun wears off), I see very limited use for it.  I wouldn't pay more than 5AA until I had quite a few others bought, that's for sure.
"They call me the King of Sticks.  Perhaps you've heard of me."

Stuff Dead Things Didn't Need Anymore...

Noxdowne Draggout

72 mins on a magic based stun that does 1500dd?

omg that is lame.

Nox

Vidyne

9min or 15min.... yea, but as it stands... no, 72min is too lame for a 1500 nuke/stun.

Dummkopf

Its something in the completely wrong direction, we should get a deaggro ability and not another aggro creating thing. As it is beastlords are the worst overaggroers on many guild raids and i cant think of using that on raids.
Granted, as an emergency stun on runners or gating mobs it could be useful, but a reuse time > 5 minutes is just bad.

Sikelik

shorter re-use is all i ask for. would be an aa to use for specific situations only though.
[70 Wildblood] Sikelik (Iksar) <Tide>

Skanda

I think I would have prefered that toy illusion AA that had poped up for a few days.

TalleyRN

WTH? Roar of Thunder needs to be changed...I mean wth are we, gimp SKs?

Even if they lower the refresh timer on it a whole bunch, the stun on it would cuase more unwanted aggro.

We need a way to drop aggro, not gain more.

Lheo

the only thing we need is a dev with a CLUE (a dev wich PLAYS a bst in the highend game..) :roll:

Noxdowne Draggout

Lheo, that is why we have a rep.

Nox

:D

Tastian

There is a big differance between what I can do and what a dev that actually understands a beastlord could do.  I've written a few things latly and tried to explain various problems that come about because of how different beastlords are, but it'd be much better if these things were factored in at the start of making something instead of coming about because of cries for change.  Simple truth is roar of thunder has been discussed a lot since it hit lucy and lots of good ideas have come out, but as it stands now it's just another example of what could be an awesome beastlord only AA that sadly is rendered worthless/annoying in the details.  

This is just beta and lots will change.  Please understand that many things I can't comment on here, but I do comment on and feedback to others.  Those in beta are very welcome to pm/e-mail me and discuss things of issue to them.  I've had several conversations with a few people in beta already.  Hopefully by the time roar goes live it'll be a sought after beastlord only AA.  *shrugs*