Main Menu

Roar of Thunder (Lucy 9/1)

Started by Rainor Wolfheart, September 02, 2004, 01:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainor Wolfheart

Didn't see it posted anywhere here, but Roar of Thunder has been changed to a de-aggro/debuff AA skill in this link Roar of Thunder.  

Currently it is a 1500 DD, neg 80 to str, agility and dex, and a neg 1500 hate at level 3.  With a neg 250 resist check also.  It's a single target skill that lasts for 5 ticks instead of the previous AE target skill.
Rainor Wolfheart
65 Beastlord of The Tribunal
<Sol Invictus>

Merescata

I don't really take too much to heart until the expansion is out, there is confirmation, or some such positive affirmation.

BUT, on this one, I'll say something....

WEEEEEHAAAAA!!!

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!!!
Merescata
75 Vah Shir BST
Tribunal
Clan McEye

TalleyRN

Yah, i'm happy w/ the lastest change. It's not perfect, but a big step in the right direction, imo.

Kivuli

It's not AoE anymore, I don't like that at all. I would much rather give up the hate and stat reducer and have it be AoE again.

Kromjr

Venerable Kromjr - 66 - Ogre Beastlord - Stromm

Jkal_Shihar

No update on the reuse timer. And as for AE, if they kept'd it as AE I wouldnt buy it. I need deaggro.
The consequences of it being AE would not benefit me in anyway. Most of the time I group with a chanter friend and if one of her mezzes gets woken up without any warning she is one ticked off chanter.
But, I still it being changed further possibly.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

kukana

Hope the re-use timer is sutably low.  If it's 72 minutes it's pretty marginal.  Being single target I'd like to see it down to 30 seconds, personally.
Kukana
Feral Lady
Tunare <Shadow of the Dragon>
--
Magelo Profile

Giledorm

That's DEFINITELY a step in the right direction! :)  

As far as the AE, no thank you.   The last thing I need is to buy an AA that I can never use on raids/grouping, since it would send chanters/bards through the roof with CC.

The only things I'm waiting to see now are:
1) the reuse timer.  I think 36 minutes would be fair.  72 minutes would be disagreeable.
2)  The AA cost.  I'm not an uber character, so saving up an uber amount of AA's is tough (still don't have Sinister Strike or Pet Affinity since there's too many other things to get beforehand).
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Panthermask

Making this a de-aggro is a HUGE improvement.  That's all I really cared about anyway.  As for the refresh, you have to bear in mind that currently it's a 1500dmg manaless nuke.  Giving it a refresh of 30 seconds would make it a 50DPS skill with no cost to use at all.  We could use it everytime it popped, never run out of mana, and never have to worry about aggro from it since that's one of its functions.  In it's current form, count on at least a 30 minute re-use.

I'd still like to see that damage lowered to around 100-200 so it could refresh in 1 or 2 minutes without being over-powered from a DPS standpoint.  I'd even settle for no dmg at all if it helped.  Plus, if you need to lower your aggro that much more than once every minute or so, you need to stop chaining slow. :shock:
"They call me the King of Sticks.  Perhaps you've heard of me."

Stuff Dead Things Didn't Need Anymore...

Aneya

I like the Deagro nuke debuff idea. Now I can nuke at 96% and not die. :P

Tastian calculated that 1500 dd every 5 mins would be 5dps.

1500dd/300 seconds = 5 dps

If we had it at 15mins refresh we'd get
1500dd/900 seconds = 1.66 dps

and 0.833 dps for a 30 min refresh.

If DPS is the limiting factor on the refresh we can suggest something suitable based on the expected dps vs other aas expected dps.

Seems to me that anything between 15 and 30 mins would be ok.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Kinash

For me a 30 minute timer would be good. I would mainly use it soloing a Named mob. Since most of the guys I go after are on about a 30 minute timer that would be pretty good. If it isn't too expensive I may get it :)
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

kukana

Heck, drop the nuke part and let me just 30-sec chain-click "LEAVE ME ALONE".
Kukana
Feral Lady
Tunare <Shadow of the Dragon>
--
Magelo Profile

Kivuli

No really. Do you guys chain-cast DoTs on raids or something? Where are all these aggro problems you're all having coming from? /boggle

Jkal_Shihar

QuoteNo really. Do you guys chain-cast DoTs on raids or something? Where are all these aggro problems you're all having coming from? /boggle

hmmm......... well, there's alot of factor's into one generating aggro.  

Generally, when I'm in groups, I am usually the designated slower. Now I still get boggled on how I generate more then our guild tank. I know he has anger augs on his weapons and I'll have to ask him what his weapons are again. But, I can usually take aggro right off of him and end up keeping it for the entire fight.

On raids, well its more of a mystery to me. I dont even cast and still pull it off. Sucks sitting at bind 40% of the time from over aggro and telling raid I need a battle rezz or wait till all clear.

So to try and answer your question, its hard to say how any one beastlord gets too much aggro. I know in groups its due to me slowing, incap (sometimes), and dotting .

How others achieve it could be a number of things, weapons, certain procs, pre-slowing. Kinda hard to tell without being behind that person's back to see what they are doing.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Kivuli

Hmm. I'm still confused.  :?  I DoT, nuke, and sometimes even slow on raids. I'm using BattleFists and Savage Platinum Fists, auged with the 125 poison and 75 cold dd augs, and Weapon Affinity 5. Very very rarely do I pull aggro from raid mobs. Our tank has a blade of war, but I wasn't pulling aggro even before he had it.

When the tank goes down and the mob starts eating people, the first ones to die are usually clerics, necros, and wizards. Then go the druids. I usually fall in line after that. As an example, on Rydda Dar our tactic is usually for me to tank the Custodian all the way and then hold Rydda Dar until the warrior main tank gets aggro. Even then I usually don't pull aggro when the warrior yanks it offa me. I just don't understand why some beastlords on here are producing so insanely much aggro that they're insta-snack for raid mobs.

Anyone else have input?