Main Menu

Roar of Thunder (Lucy 9/1)

Started by Rainor Wolfheart, September 02, 2004, 01:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kukana

It happens to me too (insta-aggro).  I was with a group in Vxxed and the warrior would pull.  If I got too close until the mob was at 80%, it would turn to attack me.

This was with:

- using 2HB
- Pet Taunt off
- No procs on weapon
- No slowing
- No Dots
- No Nukes.

quad 900s wout hit me before I could say "NOT IN THE FACE"!

I don't know what the hell is going on.
Kukana
Feral Lady
Tunare <Shadow of the Dragon>
--
Magelo Profile

Tastian

A lot of it is tied to random things...Procs, dots, etc.

Remember that critical affliction raises aggro on those ticks well SCF doesn't raise aggro on nukes.

Also SV has ~50% more aggro per damage point base than a nuke.  That only gets worse with focus/AAs factored in.

Your weapons are very low aggro.  SPF is just amazing for dps and low aggro.

I don't know how much you are nuking or when you are doing it, but some of it is just random bad luck.  You don't know when a proc will fire, you don't know when a crit tick will happen on a dot.  I've cast my nuke, had it land, had my attacks fire, proc'd, kicked and had 2 dots crit in one round.  The technical term for that is an "@$$load" of aggro lol.  About half of which I just couldn't account for or plan around.  

Not every beastlord takes aggro everytime on every mob.  Yet stop and look at the situations where a beastlord is getting summoned and ask yourself a few questions...

Was the beastlord debuffing?

Was the beastlord doing something "stupid" (ie chaing dots, engaging early, etc)?

Was the beastlord doing the most damage at the time?

There are a lot of times when the answers to all of these questions are no.  I've had fights where I pull aggro off a MT well doing ~200dps well wizards are throwing out 300+, well rogues disc'd and spiked into the 500's and well others are well over me, yet I'm the one going splat.  No slow, no debuff, no resisted dots, not chain casting scorp.  

In that situation some will say "look at your weapons".  That makes no sense to me though because I'm already doing less damage than other people.  If I were getting aggro because I double disc'd was chain nuking with 4 dots going so my dps was above others I could see it.  Heck I never once have complained about aggro well slow'n or anything like that.  To look at some "good" beastlords though with "good" tanks and see them get aggro knowing they have no dots mem'd, knowing they aren't slowing and knowing they are doing less dps than others just makes you scratch your head (or atleast it does me).

Tardar

WTB a Tastian Magelo

:twisted:

Kreseth

I don't pull aggro off the main tank but I'm usually one of the first to get hammered if a tank goes down ;)  So I want a version of Roar that can be clicked every 5 minutes or less to reduce my aggro.  Cut the DD component if 5 DPS is too much, (Though it really doesn't seem to me that it is), and get that refresh timer set to FAST!

--Kreseth

kukana

I guess the question I have, and please correct me if I'm wrong, is what good would an ability be if I can only use it every 3rd fight?  Are we looking for something that will allow us to snap agro off of us, or something to consistently keep it off of us (like a rogue's evade?)  If the latter, I'd think we'd want a rapid refresh time.

Since I seem to draw agro on every fight regardless of what I do or don't do, I'd rather see something that consistently lets me move down the list instead of it being situational like even a 5-minute refresh time would give.

I could be missing something - it is almost a holiday weekend afterall.
Kukana
Feral Lady
Tunare <Shadow of the Dragon>
--
Magelo Profile

Tastian

The thing is this is one AA that happens to have some DEaggro on it, a first for beastlords.  This isn't the holy grail of aggro control or the answer to all of our problems, but some are trying to turn it into that.  The AA atm is a way to do some damage, has neg aggro component and atleast starts to address the issue of how much extra aggro beastlords generate for their non-melee forms of damage.  This doesn't fix dot aggro issues, it doesn't mean we couldn't use an icy jolt type of spell or anything like that.

Graace

my main question... doesn't agro from melee/spell dmg = the amt of dmg done/healed?

In which case.... a 1500 hit... and a 1500 deagro just means one agro free nuke... that's about it right?
Graace AndWill 70 Beast Lord
Recruitment Team of Iratus Lepus

Razimir

At this point of game deaggro is in the bottom of my AA list aka warriors can keep aggro very well. Well... good if some other ppl gets something out of this AA.

-Raz

Kivuli

I would understand if I'd seen the kinds of situations that you guys are describing, but I just haven't. I've never seen any beastlord or myself get undue amounts of aggro if they weren't trying for it (i.e. to yank a mob off a caster). If beastlord aggro really is as broken as most on this board claim it is, I'd surely have seen SOMETHING, neh?

So to me, this change to the AA seems a step backwards. I liked the stun and the PbAE, but I suppose that was a matter of taste.

Kreseth

Break out your dots some time kivuli.  I don't mind taking a few hits in xp groups but it does seem to annoy the healer somewhat ;)  I'm normally slowing on INC & even if I'm grouped with a paladin a slow resist & second or third slow cast pretty much guarantee SOME aggro.  Our DOTs are all high aggro as well.  Nukes are OK so with a weak tank I'll just nuke.

If this isn't our be all, end all aggro fix, then I want to know what is...& if nothing is, I'll keep pushing to make this get changed into it :)

--Kreseth

Kromjr

Heh I grab agro more with incap than I do with our poison dots.
Venerable Kromjr - 66 - Ogre Beastlord - Stromm

Kanan

I have had mega-agro issues.  I have retired my dots on raids because the GoD dot is such ridiculous agro.  I'll  pop it on a boss mob at like 75%, while dpsing (SHO, fully aug'd with 75 pt lifetap, GMU with 125 poison), after opening up at engage with trushar's and boom! there I was on agro.  Watched it happen to me 2x on last raid I did it, so I then retired it for raiding.  I nuke, alot, when we're on boss mobs, so in addition to the regular dps, I get a lot of nuke agro.  Hell, on RD before, after the tank'd proc'd EB on the mob a time or 2, I stole agro 2x, 5% apart.  First time tank was able to taunt/proc off and def disc barely saved me, but 2nd time, I went splat.

In group situations, I have even more issues there.  If it is an instance where I have to slow a mob 3 or 4 times (my kingdom for a tash proc at times ><), the mob's agro is mine.  Damn near any tank has real troubles keeping up with me.  But then again, when I'm pulling, with slow, and setting that high initial agro, whaddya expect?
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Kivuli

I DO use DoTs. Either I'm really lucky or the rest of the besatlord community is cursed.

Graace

Even when I wasn't using ED... the instant I used a DOT, I was pretty much a target.  Course, most of the time I'm slower in the group... so... yeah slow + dot = megaagro.  Sometimes I've never even had to use the dot and land slow on first try and I stay high... that was with Fangs and SPF.  So yeah the DOTs are at back of book either due to awful efficiency of time or too much agro.
Graace AndWill 70 Beast Lord
Recruitment Team of Iratus Lepus

Rainor Wolfheart

Add a focus for your dots (BA or something) and get critical dots III.  You will be guarunteed to get insane amounts of aggro while raiding and the ire of you raid leader/warriors.  :lol:
Rainor Wolfheart
65 Beastlord of The Tribunal
<Sol Invictus>