Main Menu

Roar of Thunder (Lucy 9/1)

Started by Rainor Wolfheart, September 02, 2004, 01:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

lol I still want to be able to just turn CA off or have the points refunded for now.  Knew I'd regret buying it, but wanted to finish AA tests on it lol.  *shrugs*

Oneiromancer

Quote from: Tastianlol I still want to be able to just turn CA off or have the points refunded for now.  Knew I'd regret buying it, but wanted to finish AA tests on it lol.  *shrugs*

Gah, I thought you mean Combat Agility at first.  Then I realized the context was Critical Affliction.  Whew!

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Mahes

The new change to RoT is interesting.

Am I right to assume that's -3000 hate per tick for 5 ticks?

If so, and if the reuse is in the 10 minute or so range, that might actually be useful, even if I can't crit the nuke portion.  Would be nice to be able to help try and slow a named mob, and unload some dots and nukes during those 30 seconds.

Urim

QuoteAm I right to assume that's -3000 hate per tick for 5 ticks?
That's how i would read it as well.

Roar of Thunder
1:  Decrease HP when cast by 1500
2:  Decrease STR by 80
3:  Decrease DEX by 80
4:  Decrease AGI by 80
5:  Decrease Modify Hate by 3000

Ancient Chaos Cry (Warrior Agro Disc)
1:  Increase Hate by 480
2:  Increase Modify Hate by 84

From looking at the two it does appear that we are going to be losing 3000 hate every tick for 5 ticks. So this could be good to use during middle of fights where you've built up a good deal of hate and this will pretty much drop you to bottom of list.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Dhantes

Thats alot of hate reduction... I dont really see's these agro problems you guys talk about really. When im dotting/slowing/nuking in a group my sk just has to cast 2 agro spells to keep mob off me (festering then fear) though to be fair my sk does now have the 125yak proc on his weapon + does cast more then 2 agro spells hehe but thats to keep agro off my wife while she opens up on mobs with 5.2sec casts SoS...

Oh yah back to roar of thunder seems nice now only thing i dont like about is the hate reduction dot component. I mean if recast is long then this will be nice for casting mid raid boss fight before you think your gonna get agro but if say you wait to cast it as you get agro 3k hate might not be enough to save you and waiting for the next tick will seem like eternity...

Kromjr

I seem to see alot of references to GoD mobs or higher planes mobs on raids with people having agro problems. Regular xp groups I have none unless I spam my dots,slow,incap to grab agro. Dont know but maybe theres a particular issue with the mobs in these higher end zones?
Venerable Kromjr - 66 - Ogre Beastlord - Stromm

kukana

Thinking about when this AA will be used, one thing I keep coming back to is that an AE agro reduction would be very useful  when I draw super-agro while slowing multi-pulls.

If they insist on leaving a DD/Stun component in it (and I'm not convinced that it is either needed, warranted, or really within the definition of our class) then that could remain single target.

ROLEPLAYING EXAMPLE:
Swarm of six charge.  We DD/Stun one of them and all the other mobs turn to see WTF just happened to their budddy, forgetting that they were on their way to gnaw on our faces (hence decreasing agro).
Kukana
Feral Lady
Tunare <Shadow of the Dragon>
--
Magelo Profile

Oneiromancer

Now on Lucy (9/7) the deaggro is a constant number.  -750 Hate per rank, so -2250 at the third rank.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spelllist.html?searchtext=roar+of+thunder

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Rhaynne

QuoteROLEPLAYING EXAMPLE:
Swarm of six charge. We DD/Stun one of them and all the other mobs turn to see WTF just happened to their budddy, forgetting that they were on their way to gnaw on our faces (hence decreasing agro).

That's an AE stun =P

kukana

I think of it more like AE "Leave me alone!".

Looks like some of the recent changes are improvements, though.
Kukana
Feral Lady
--
Magelo Profile

tkyn

Well, in light of what they just did to PoS, I'm not gonna hold my breath...
Tkyn - 70 Beastlord - Veeshan

kukana

Kukana
Feral Lady
--
Magelo Profile

negrismorte

Quote from: KromjrI seem to see alot of references to GoD mobs or higher planes mobs on raids with people having agro problems. Regular xp groups I have none unless I spam my dots,slow,incap to grab agro. Dont know but maybe theres a particular issue with the mobs in these higher end zones?

I have this problem too.   The ammount of aggro we generate is insane on our spells.  I stand next to wizzies who chain 5K+ nukes yet my plague and SV get me summoned.  There is something wrong with this picture.  There are several encounters where I only cast DPS spells.  My DPS parses at less than half the wizzies I am with, but if the tank dies you can bet I am on switch duty (not that bad as long as the CH team is on the ball).

Kanan

Quote from: negrismorte
I have this problem too.   The ammount of aggro we generate is insane on our spells.  I stand next to wizzies who chain 5K+ nukes yet my plague and SV get me summoned.  There is something wrong with this picture.  There are several encounters where I only cast DPS spells.  My DPS parses at less than half the wizzies I am with, but if the tank dies you can bet I am on switch duty (not that bad as long as the CH team is on the ball).

Well... sadly those wizzies likely have scs & are chaining concussion after every SoS etc, so they get less agro/nuke & reduce agro after every cast... where we bsts do nothing but add agro.  And scs wouldn't help us on much 'sides our nukes, if my info is correct abt scs having no effect upon spells with counters.  Hell.. when I'm with bards now, I can often tell when the tick has passed bcs Turepta Blood gets me another shot of agro.  Reason its raid-retired.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

negrismorte

Quote from: KananWell... sadly those wizzies likely have scs & are chaining concussion after every SoS etc, so they get less agro/nuke & reduce agro after every cast... where we bsts do nothing but add agro.  And scs wouldn't help us on much 'sides our nukes, if my info is correct abt scs having no effect upon spells with counters.  Hell.. when I'm with bards now, I can often tell when the tick has passed bcs Turepta Blood gets me another shot of agro.  Reason its raid-retired.

Like I said, there is something wrong with this picture.  SCS and concussion are not aggro eliminators just reducers.  There is no resaon we should get summoned for doing 1-2K damge per minute.  Our raid DPS is already low enough without having to worry about casting a couple of almost trivial damage spells.