Main Menu

Now that we have an idea about our OoW aa's....

Started by Skratchen, September 10, 2004, 10:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skratchen

...... what do some of you beastlords plan on buying first with your 30 banked aa's?  I almost have 500 aa's and 30 banked currently, so I pretty much have all the aa's that I want from all the previous expansions.  Which aa's make the most sense to buy first and which would be the last on your lists to get?  

Personally, I'm going to start with the Paragon upgrade first.  But after that, I'm not sure yet.  I'm curious to hear what the rest of you are thinking.  :)

Hey Skratchen!! How many times did slow get resisted on that last mob? Oh, three or four times...

Tastian

Always subject to change, but atm I'm probably going to buy paragon upgrade, FoM1, roar of thunder and just level up.  I do this because I'll wind up parsing and testing vetern's wrath, and the LR/ID upgrades at 70.  If I weren't parsing I'd pick up the first ranks of the defensive AAs right away to.  

Also of note is that with the extra healing AAs I'm really leaning more toward going back to lifetap aug on one of my weapons instead of ruj venom.  Will have to wait and see on that though, <3 serp bite lol.

Tebdliz

Tradeskill aa's.
. no im serious :(
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=402497" target="_blank" class="postlink">Amberly Lvl 65 Beastlord

Nusa

The extra spell slot is high on my list, as is persistant minion if it stays as last described.  I'll only have 10-12 aa's saved by launch, so that might be all.

Then gonna exp for 4.1 levels before going back to aa's.

edit -- I bought the extra spell slot. Hanging onto the rest of the aa's for now until I hear more about what works. Have to level to buy persistant minion or roar anyway.

Oneiromancer

I want Fury of Magic, Paragon upgrade, the port to home town, extra buff slot, extra spell slot, LR6, improved suspended minion, and advanced pet discipline.  Of course, the order depends on the levels they are available at.  Right now I am planning on getting AAs after dinging each level...but if 68 spells are easy to get/cheap I might rush there after dinging 66 and spending my banked AAs (only 12 atm :( ).

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Dummkopf

Got 30 banked for several weeks now and in that time nearly maxed my innate resists. I wont aa til i reach lvl 70 so they have to last a bit. Will get our paragon upgrade for sure, origin, roar of thunder and some other stuff, but will grind a long time past 70 just to max my usefull aas again.

Kebrarn

I have 30 banked for the OOW release also.  Will most likely go with 1 level paragon, 1 level fury of magic and if theres aa's leftover I'll go with defensive stuff.
Wildcaller Kebrarn  ~ 70th Wildblood
The Folk of Fennin Ro

Choppin

hmm I calculated a bit (having 30 AA banked):

- extra spellslot
- Perfection of Spirit 1st rank
- Roar of Thunder 1st rank
- Healing Gift mastery 1st rank
- Casting Fury Mastery 1st rank
- Delay death 1st rank
- extra buffslot 1st rank
--------------------------------
leaves me with 5 AA, gonna spend those depending on how much the 2nd rank of som AAs costs, delay death and perfection of spirit come to mind
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Gudaman

In no particual order as i only have 23 aa's banked atm.

Veteran's Wrath - will get for sure

Greater Sinister Strikes - depends on the cost

Fury of Magic - will get for sure

Roar of Thunder - maybe after i read some post

Perfection of Spirit - will get for sure

Delay Death  - depends on cost

Origin - depends on cost / casting time / location

Tastian

Greater sinister got yanked awhile back.  I'd like to have it back, but it hasn't been on beta for awhile.

Origin is 7AA, a 15 sec cast as I recall on an hour and tweleve min refresh.

Koullyn

Don't forget to check your AAs before you zone the first time on patch day. They have talked about refunds that might happen at that time on overpriced GoD AAs. You might end up with more banked than 30 as long as you don't zone. :)

As for me I only have 10 banked so the Paragon upgrade will be my first.
-- Retired Level 70 Beastlord --
http://www.wowgamers.com
http://www.wwm.net

bummp

Anyone know if there will be level requirements on some of these AAs?  For example, you may not be able to train some of these AA's till say lvl 68 or something.
Master Bummp Indanite
Feral Lord of Bristlebane, 67 seasons and counting
Veeshan's Fury

Tastian

Yeah it's mentioned in the other thread, but some AAs have req levels to train.  Roar was 68 last I knew.  Persistent minion was 67.  I believe origin was 67 as well.  Paragon upgrade, healing, defensive AAs, etc can all have their first rank trained at 66.

Bengali

Quote from: GudamanOrigin - depends on cost / casting time / location

Location is right next to the guildmaster where you started your character.   If that isn't possible for some reason (say you're a troll, and your guildmaster is no longer where you started your character) then it will be the spot where a newly created character of your class/race/deity would start.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Gudaman

Thanks for the reply's i'll push that one down the list a little bit.