Main Menu

Continue to lvl or farm AA

Started by Zeragon, September 23, 2004, 09:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeragon

Hello.

I am soon about to ding 65. Should I continue to lvl or stop to get the most important AA's right now? I am alittle diveded right now about that.

I am in a raiding guild that does VT farming and also working on EP access
WILDBLOOD - ZERATOOTH - 70 - BEASTLORD  - BRISTLEBANE

Essant

Get your raid aa's ... pet discipline, mgb, paragon of spirit, and then continue to level.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Hereki

If you are in a hardcore raiding guild and don't solo, you will be pressured to get 70.

If you solo at all, get some decent AAs.

It would be reasonable to get the following AAs as soon as possible:

run speed 3
paragon
MGB
pet discipline
BF5

You will need to get a few other AAs to enable these, and a raiding guild might well want you to get ND3, although many of us aren't entirely convinced that it is as valuable to you as CA3.

JillieMT

My advice is always to level as high as you have the spells for. If you are still putting together your 65 spells, then stop and AA until you have them.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Zeragon

I have IR3 and RS3 allready thanks to flagging. Have all my 65 spells ready in the backpack.

We are a somewhat hardcore raiding guild, but not one is lvl 70 so far.

Think I will take a pause at 65 to grind the AA's needed becouse I realy hate the Exp penalty Iksars get =(

thanks for your thoughts.
WILDBLOOD - ZERATOOTH - 70 - BEASTLORD  - BRISTLEBANE

Vidyne

Agree with Jillie

If you dont have the spells, extra levels have NEVER seemed that great to me.  Especially now.

Without the pet spells or something to entice me, I doubt ill ding 68 for a long long time.  I am dinging 67 tho for persistant minion, which is worth 67 imo.  

There are many that will say max lvl = most dps and you magically mitigate like a warrior or something to that nature.

Just my opinion, but 65 with 50aa means more to me than 70 with 0 aa... a WHOLE lot more.

Its still my belief that there are .... give or take, 50-100aa that are almost CRUCIAL to being a successful beastlord... and that they should be gotten as soon as possible, unless you own a spell that if you level up will tip the balance of power(as 65% slow does over 50% slow, as the 62 pet does over the 60 pet, as haste at 60 does over no haste at 59, and etc...)

Without the new pet spells and without the new heal, I truely see no reason to lvl to 70 at this time.  67 for Persistant Minion and Origin if you want, and maybe 70 if you wanted LR10 or ID10 or something of that nature, but thats the only reason I would ever level that high right now... without getting a good set of AA under my belt.

Oneiromancer

/agree wholeheartedly with Vidyne.  The only spells I am really interested in getting in OoW are the 68 pet spells (although I wouldn't say no to the 67 heal spell).  The AAs are more of a reason for me to level than anything else really...and the ones at 67 are pretty neat.  I'm not sure what I'd do if I was AAing at 67 and the 68 spell runes fell into my lap...I'd probably ding 68 and then go back to AAs, but going past 68 isn't in my plans right now.  68 also has the first level of Roar of Thunder and the second levels of many other AAs that start at 66, so it's a good place to stop and AA to me it seems.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Vahaus Warder

My opinion, level to 70 then you won't have to worry about rather to level or work on AA.

Volsykat

Personally, despite EP-access and nearing KT access for exping to 70 (plus the new zones) I'm staying at 65 probably at least until next year purely because with a distinct scarcity in playtime at the moment, I get more bang for my buck if I get 10 or 20 AAs in the next 3 months compared to if I get maybe a level and a half in that same exping...so I'd say play time can affect your decision to level or AA as well.
Volsykat Litterbox
66th Feral Lord of Solusek Ro
Sun Clan of Warriors

Hereki

I'll just add a little to my previous post - which is that I am seriously considering sticking at 65 for a while.

I am elemental flagged, but not Time, and my guild has moved into Time and I suspect I won't get backflagged, due to PoEb being a pain to key for, and people won't show for it (not a compulsory raid guild, which is a good thing).

OoW spells are going to be rare and hard to get, and OoW has limited soloing opportunities for good exp.  If I level above 65, I'll be restricting exp zones.  So, until runes start to appear in the Bazaar at a reasonable price, AND soloing/duoing strategies for OoW and GoD appear, I'm 65.

Oneiromancer

Thought I would point out that, at level 70, some people seem to still be getting decent experience from light blues even...Tastian gets ~1-2% for lblues in a thread in the Level 70 Hunting forum, and I seem to remember other higher levels still getting decent light blue experience in other places...not sure where those testimonials are though.

It's been so long since I soloed anywhere but Riwwi looking for the damn cuirass anyway (was even back the other night in a duo since my girlfriend didn't have OoW at the time) that I haven't worried too much about that, hehe.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Tastian

I've been trying to test various zones as much as I could, but I haven't had a ton of time.  I took a run through droga the other night trying to see how things were.  DB's gave ~2% per kill.  Light blues varied a lot depending on where I was at.  Usually 1% per kill, but I had a couple light blues going left instead of right where you head toward king that took me 2 or 3 kills to get 1%.  Actual king area was getting about 2% per kill.  One of the big things to note is that most people at level 70 right now are rather hollow level 70's.  I think once new pets and buffs come out we'll see a jump in our kill rate and that's really where beastlords tend to perform best.  I'm stilling try to find time to test griegs and other spots.  PoN is ok per kill and mobs are so easy, but I tend to run low on mobs lol.  *shrugs* I'll post more when I get it.

kukana

I've had limited play time since OOW, but I have ground out 70% into L66 and gotten one 66 and one 67 rune.

As far as AAs go, I only have 50 total.  So I've gotten LR5 and Paragon and a few others.  My plan is to stop getting XP when I hit 68 (new pet) and grind out  50 to 70 AAs to get SM3, MGB and Pet Discipline, plus a few other things I want to snag as well.   I'm not a heavy raider, so I'm primarily concentrating on defense and utility before offense.
Kukana
Feral Lady
Tunare <Shadow of the Dragon>
--
Magelo Profile

Quezic Grahl

Unless you have very limited play time, I say level to 70.  You'll get 66 to 70 spells along the way, at least a few anyway.  I have had terrible luck with rolling on runes, but still have the L67 heal (nice upgrade), and L68 pet haste (also nice, L64 DPoC pet hits for 82 now), just need 68 pet and I'll be pretty satisfied since most of our other 66-68 spells are pretty lame.

Plus, I'd rather just get the hellishness of it out of the way personally.  Grinding AA's seems joyous by comparison.  It really isn't that bad, just don't look at the xp bar often.  I'm about 40% through L68 now, haven't really been doing crazy grinding sessions.  Think the most I did was like 3 or 4 hours at once in WoS.  Explored some of the zones not many go to, Ruined City of Dranik, etc.  Solo in Harbinger's when I get sick of the lame groups I've been getting WoS lately (Druid/rangers that don't snare, shaman that don't slow, tanks that can't aggro, etc).  Seriously, I solo xp faster than I get xp from a bad WoS group.  A good group, well, it's a lot better than I could solo xp.

Quezic Grahl

Been thinking more about this, I guess if you solo alot also, it may be better to stay at 65.  At L70, you'll probably have to kill 55+ mobs for xp, and thinking about Droga...you'd have to kill the L58-61 goblins which are way tougher than the ones you can grind at 65 (L50ish, bottom end of dark blue still).  Especially with the not so spectacular spells we get, I doubt I'll be able to solo AA's faster at 70 than I could at 65.  Droga was about 1hr 20 min per AA for me at 65 (LDoN geared, 270ish AA's), less if I just slaughtered mobs rather than camp a named or two also.

Will have to see how it goes, I don't really enjoy soloing anymore, but it was nice to go grind a quick AA pt when I couldn't get a group late at night.  WoS is kinda turning me off on grouping atm too, OoW in general is in fact.  Been soloing alot more lately.  Mostly I just hate outdoor zones, which is mostly what OoW is, give me a dungeon anyday.   Should have made the whole thing indoor.