Main Menu

Hobble Spirits - Broken (I mean for real :p )

Started by Mhordel, October 06, 2004, 07:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhordel

I know most of you dislike this AA, but, it has its uses.  

Rarely, but sometimes, your snarer goes afk suddnely, or, ld, or some other disaster puts your group fighting a runner in a dangerous place, and where you could tap Hobble Spirits and solve it, and then rebuff rellic when Hobble wore off a few mins later, is no longer an option post 68.

With the 68 pet proc now being higher level then Hobble, you cant do an emergency overwrite for this utility buff.  This renders this under-used AA to never-used.

I can only suggest everyone who has ever used Hobble, or will continue, or will use when they buy it, to /bug this.

We either PUSH and get a refund for this, or they fix it.

Fixes I would ask for are:

1)  Fix it along with the epic proc, and have it stack with other buffs.
2)  Refund the AA, and people who dont mind it being broken can re-purchase it.
3)  Make this buff over-write all other pet procs.

I would be ok with any of these solutions, but as it is now, its broken.
[70.760+ *RETIRED* Wildblood] Mhordel (Wood Elf) <Company of the Golden Anvil>
Firiona Vie Server

Eatbugs

Personally I never use the thing anymore, I wouldn't mind having it refunded.  Still, with the change to the epic pet proc stacking going in, maybe they'd be willing to change Hobble as well...

Either would work for me.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Giledorm

I'd like to see them make this ability stack, and actually give it a purpose, but most likely they'll make it overwrite, which returns it to its "hardly used" status... :(
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Oneiromancer

I should point out that on Test you can check the time remaining on pet buffs, and Tastian is still pushing for (and might even be optimistic about *crosses fingers*) the ability to click off pet buffs.  If clicking off buffs goes in, it would solve lots of problems with this too.

Of course, if they make it so Hobble stacks with the other pet proc buffs I'd snap it up ASAP.  

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Quezic Grahl

I will never buy Hobble unless it stacks, useless turd of an AA...

Volsykat

I was under the impression that the code fix that would fix the Epic/Casted stacking was a universal pet proc fix, and hobble would stack as well.
Volsykat Litterbox
66th Feral Lord of Solusek Ro
Sun Clan of Warriors

Shieara

Hobble doesn't stack with Rellic Vols it overwrites it.  This has nothing to do with epic stacking.  The deal is with the 68 pet proc (spirit of whatsit) instead of overwriting it like it would with rellic, it won't stick since the 68 pet proc is considered higher level.  This makes it an issue in emergency situations.

I'm still 50% from 68 so it's not an issue yet for me, but I am not looking forward to it becoming one.  Though I don't use hobble very much there have been times when it has come in handy.   I'd like to be able to click buffs off, have it stack with the normal proc (not likely), or overwrite as it used to.

Yiza

Those all sound like viable fixes to the problem. I'm satisfied with it, it saves me a lot ^^ I can't count the time I've hopped over to a different hotkey bank to press Hobble and save myself or a group. The thread isn't here to debate this abilities usefullness, but I wanted to put out my 2cp =)

Since (as far as I know) Hobble only has the snare effect (haven't seen any reports of +/- hate, or a DD) I'd also suggest just making it an individual buff that stacks with your warder's current buffs. Thus making it worthwhile since the warder will retain his combat efficiency from Spirit of Whatever, and able to snare.
<Hegemony>

the man who wants nothing is truly invincible.
QuoteDaewood tells omgraids:1 'yiza=ritual sacrifice to loot gods'

Quezic Grahl

If they ever did make hobble stack with Spirit of XXXX, I would buy it.  Until then, forget it.  L68 pet proc is what, 190 damage + 1.5 sec stun up to L70 mobs, pet procs about 7 times per minute...that's a lot to lose for a weak snare.  Pet loses over 20 DPS + 10 seconds of stunned mob per minute (assuming all procs land, which they don't).  I'd buy Deathblow 3 before Hobble until it stacks hehe.

Shieara

Hehe, I use it when I farm runes in Dranik's Hollow.  Runner there = cr  :wink:

Deiadrox

heh, I don't have the new proc yet.. but i went to go solo in pofire for fun lol, kiting..  HoS went off and the mob was barely slowed down..  I had to run all the way from c2 to c1 to train the mob off and make time to cast gate lol..

Anyways, this aa needs a serious revamp, possibly a better snare, and it definately needs to stack/overwrite all procs.  I can see the issue with stacking, having a beast pet that constantly snares everything while keeping the proc spell on at the same time would definately go against SOEs new "nerf the beast" policy, and if you didn't know our epics are made of a special supple foam material. (space-age technology  :roll: )

I guess I'll turn this into a rant thread as I don't post often, but everything in the last two expansions for beastlords has been pretty pathetic, I have quiet a few spells from both expansions and most of our unique aa, and I'm really not impressed with any of it.  As some may say, *cough* Tastian  :P   we aren't supposed to be offered anything out of the norm, but quite a few new spells(shaman most notably) have been given so many new features, it makes me sad we got nothing.  Even if soe gave us a small hp/mana component to SD(+50 each or something, goes with the theme) I would be happy...  

Lately I feel I've been leaning towards wow or eq2 to start a more useful class lol.

anywho, rant off...  feel free to respond but most of my feelings may just be coming from where I am at in my guild/server/RL atm hehe.

chuteshock

This AA has great potential to be a nice utility but I agree in the current form it's very situational. I use it in droga and places where a runner = CR but besides that  it needs help.  If it stacks with the regular pet procs then great. If not that then put a proc on it and adleast a 60% movement rate decrease instead of 40%.

Deathclaw

was this fix with last night patch or is it still "what bst bug, and what are bst" from soe?

vypex

68 pet fully buffed for me procs about 15 or so times only lands half the time, but still alot to lose over hobble, which i never use.
Vypex - 70 Male Beastlord
Maelin Starpyre
Troubled Fellowship http://www.troubledfellowship.com
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1034184 My stuff

Hzark

Quote from: Quezic GrahlI will never buy Hobble unless it stacks, useless turd of an AA...

I use Hobble of Spirits at least 50% of the time in groups - i.e. when there isn't a 100% reliable snarer.

It is by no means useless, but I certainly would like it to stack with other procs.
Wildcaller Hzark Drakyr

www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=688699