Main Menu

Hobble Spirits - Broken (I mean for real :p )

Started by Mhordel, October 06, 2004, 07:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bham

My opinion, for what it is worth.

Hobble of spirits is a situationally useful AA. I use it when it is required.

Today I spent 5 hours in an expedition off RcoD (we killed every single mob in the zone once, and there are a LOT more than in a draniks hollow expo, and then camped the final room for a while hoping for a named). We had no snarer so I kept Hobble on my warder the whole time. We killed a few hundred mobs and only 2 made it far enough to get adds. I consider that a reliable snare.

Hobble needs to overwrite all procs, including the 68 one. Making it stack with our other procs is overpowering.

There should be an upgrade. Hobble of spirits 2. Required level 67. 5AA. Same snare % and duration. But every time it lands it also does 100 damage and stuns up to level 70 for 0.0 secs. That way you can either have the high damage super stunning level 68 proc (whats the damn thing called?) or you lose some but not all of the damage and stun in exchange for a mostly reliable snare. Thats a balanced AA.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Choppin

"Hobble needs to overwrite all procs, including the 68 one. Making it stack with our other procs is overpowering"

overpowering ? what ? how ? because we wouldnt loose those 10-20 (?) DPS when using hobble ?

gimping my dps for a quite mediocre snare is a trade off I see no other class being forced to
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Dumpty

If I had pet weapons with procs more frequently id possibley use the aa more.
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

Tastian

Everytime I've used the AA I've wound up just giving my pet snare proc weapons because I wasn't comfortable with just hobble.  I have had the proc wear off just as mob started to run.  In some spots the snare% is just so low that even when it's on the mob is still moving so people are stun/nuking at the end anyway and the proc really isn't doing all that much.  *shrugs*  Seems like a nice idea, but it's "balanced" into being extremely weak.  I by no means expect 75% snare with 3 min duration doing 400dmg a tick.  However, a "snare" that doesn't even stop runners, is random, gets resisted a solid amount in lots of spots and wears off randomly just isn't worth me giving up DD+stun 99(ish)% of the time.

Carragh

If you look at the spell info from Lucy:

Hobble of Spirits:
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=3290&source=Live
(I had no idea it added 75dex - assuming this is to the warder?)

The effect:
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=3280&source=Live
(A snare that is randomly proc'ed and lasts 1-4 ticks? Eh.)

vs.

Spirit of Irionu:
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=5534&source=Live
(Also adds 75dex, just has a mana cost)

The effect:
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=6101&source=Live
(190 cold dd, 1.5 sec stun, +50 hate)

...after reading that, if there is any type of snarer in the group, I don't bother.  The stun and extra damage, in my opinion, will save my arse more than the snare would.

Although if Hobble and Irionu would stack, hell yes I would use it.  There'd be no reason not to - mana free snares that could possibly prevent an emergency?

As of now, though, in the event I use Hobble after already buffing my pet with Irionu, I just annul magic on my pet since we can't click off their buffs, and rebuff whatever else it felt like taking off with it.  *shrug* It's a minor pain, and it'd be nice to see it changed so that it stacks, overwrites procs, or you can click off pet buffs.  If I saw that in a patch message, I'd probably squeal lots.
Feralkin Carragh Vonderewignacht
[70 Wildblood] of <Fire and Fury>
Firiona Vie

Oneiromancer

Quote from: CarraghAs of now, though, in the event I use Hobble after already buffing my pet with Irionu, I just annul magic on my pet since we can't click off their buffs, and rebuff whatever else it felt like taking off with it.  *shrug* It's a minor pain, and it'd be nice to see it changed so that it stacks, overwrites procs, or you can click off pet buffs.  If I saw that in a patch message, I'd probably squeal lots.

Hilarious timing.  Today's patch says that Hobble should stack with our other procs.  Did you plan this?

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Carragh

I found the irony too after reading the patch message. Yes, I squealed lots. :D  *bounces off the walls*
Feralkin Carragh Vonderewignacht
[70 Wildblood] of <Fire and Fury>
Firiona Vie

sunkash

I don't have Hobble yet, and would like to get some more information before considering the purchase:
   Now that it stacks, is definately on my list to get, just a matter of when  8-)

When its enabled how long does it last, and whats the timer for recast:
Basically trying to figure out if I can have this up all the time, most of the time, etc.

Vidyne

3min recast
15min duration

40%?  snare
lasts 4 ticks(some say 6 ticks /shrug)
procs alot sometimes, sometimes not enough.
Now that it and irionu stack, id recommend getting it.

bham

Hobble seems to proc less often when stacked with Irionu. When I had to run it with no stun proc on my warder it used to proc so often that the mob was almost permanently snared. Now that it stacks I get a lot less procs from Hobble. I assume that it is because Irionu takes precedence and a warder can only proc once per combat round. I.E. each round it checks to see if Irionu procs and if it doesnt then it checks to see if Hobble procs. Because Irionu procs a lot it might reduce hobble procs by a noticable amount. I also use the new mage weapons with the higher proc rate, I dont know if this increses the effect.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox