Main Menu

aa's

Started by Agaron, October 12, 2004, 09:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agaron

i want to ask which aa's are an must for the beastlord  :P and which one only kill aa points  :evil: cause i dont know how i must upgrade my best :oops:  :?

thx for answers

Aeluder

I don't quite remember which ones are the first ones to get, except for Paragon of Spirit. Get it as soon as you can.
Aeluder Kensington
64 Beastlord
Communion of Souls
Xegony

Et^Cetera

Like most things... it really depends on your play style and situation.

For example, a raiding BST will be encouraged to get MGB + paragon very early, yet a non-raider will have very little, if any use of MGB at all. Pet discipline comes very highly rated for raiders aswell.

IMO, the only "must have" AA is paragon. which I got at 60 and never regretted for a minute.
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

JillieMT

Welcome to the boards!

Definitely check out this thread. Just decide what sort of beastlord you are (raiding, solo tank, solo pet cleric, etc) and this should help you decide!

:D
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

negrismorte

Pet disciple > all (even paragon)

Pet control makes or breaks your ability to use a pet.  Everything else is just filler.  :lol:

Tastian

lol one of my beastlords didn't get pet hold until after the 250 AA mark and not one time did I ever need it during that time hehe.  It's nice and for some it borders on being a must, but AA choices really depend on the person.  Some want flash, some solo, some raid, some duo, some want efficency, etc.  If you want to raid or guild then sometimes early choices will be made for you as you need to meet various requirements.  Really though there's a lot of information on the boards from a lot of different people and you should ultimately wind up making your own call.  Some choices will be the same and some different.  *shrugs*

Shieara

What you should get depends on what you do.

I personally recommend scr3 and paragon for both raiders and non-raiders as a start, ymmv.

Kossos

i didnt get /pet hold till after 350AA
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=725398" TARGET="_blank"> Kossos 65 Feral Lord
http://www.clubfu.net/" TARGET="_blank">Club Fu
Bristlebane

Quezic Grahl

270 AA's and never bought Pet Discipline yet, but I don't raid.  Would have bought it right away if I did.  Lots of OoW mobs have AE's also, so probably worth buying sooner now even if you don't raid.  I'd get SCR3 and Paragon first if you don't raid, those are always nice to have.  Get alot more mileage out of those than pet discipline.

negrismorte

Quote from: Kossosi didnt get /pet hold till after 350AA

you dont count, you had ~350 aas within a week or two of PoP being released  :P

Of course your milage may vary, but I hate spamming pet back off.  My guild was still doing halls of testing (velious) when PoP came out - LOTS of AE.  Consequently, pet discipline was my first 6 spent after archtype.  When I wasn't raiding (only raided ~20% of the time), I was either duo or small grouping with me as puller and MA.  If something surprised me and I got tagged by an add, I needed to make sure my pet didnt do something stoopid.

Hereki

IMHO pet discipline is only worth it if you are raiding, and then it is essential.

When pulling, remember to use use pet attack and pet hold between pulls for me is at least as much hassle as using pet back off correctly if I get tagged.

SCR3 and Paragon as priority AAs above levelling works for me.

Oneiromancer

Pet hold is nearly essential for pet pulling as well.  And I am very happy for it when I pull in Wall of Slaughter, as even if I forget to have my pet guard when I leave the group, if it goes after a mob I can still pull it back without it dying.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired