Main Menu

GoD Beastlord-only AA Discussion

Started by DiosT, January 07, 2004, 04:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gungo ninescullz

i was thinking about that recently with the rumours of certain  wpn resistant mobs in the new expansion. classes that get wpn affinity will or similar aa's will greatly benefit from the Ethereal destroyer from time as it shouldnt be affeccted by the mobs wpn resistantance.

Bheran

Quote from: Vorph

...and I still would like to know what's so great about Weapon Affinity. ;)

The way I understand Weapon Affinity was that it gives people an increased chance to proc with whatever weapons they have. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong)

If you have one weapon that procs a 100dd twice every 30seconds, you end up with an additional  7 dps (rounded up). With LDoN, alot of weapons can have an additional proc added to it, so you could end up with two separate 100dd procs both landing an average of twice every 30 seconds pre-GoD which would = 13-14 additional dps.

If by obtaining the highest level of WA, you double that chance to proc, one could have 2 separate 100 dd procs going off 4x's per 30seconds which would = 26ish additional dps.

All this is just being pulled outta my rear, but I think it's what people generally think of when they talk about the potential of this aa. Imagine a SHFD with a good 150proc on it, SCF maxxed against a mob that was vulnerable to the procs. It'd be alot of fun to watch, regardless.

I noticed the emoticon at the end, so if you were asking this tongue-in-cheek, I apologize, and will go bury my head in the sand once again  :lol:
Bheran Feralblood & Dernit
Wildcaller and the best damn dog on Inny
Innoruuk server

Vorph

Looks like we're getting the DoT crit AA too.  Yay?  I can see getting it, since crit dmg doesn't add to aggro.... but our dots themselves are so prone to overaggroing I can't really see myself using both of them on too many bosses (and nothing but bosses live long enough to bother with a 42 sec dot).  Good for ranged fights tho, where all there is to do is nuke and dot... long as you stay outside melee range, you probably won't get owned for it.

Vorph

Quote from: BheranIf by obtaining the highest level of WA, you double that chance to proc

If it really does double the proc rate when you max it, I can understand Konji's rating of A for it.  An Ethereal Destroyer with maxed WA would be godly anywhere that Time Lapse lands (which is almost everywhere, given its MR-200 adjustment), especially when mixed with SCF and Combat Effects items.  And even for the non-Time people, 4 procs on their weapons going off twice as often would surely be a nice boost.

Vecsus

i think i've had 2 or 3 resists on Eth Destroyer.  I think WA may be the first AA i get when it comes out for that reason.  While I hate putting any 1HB in main-hand (especially one with a crappy 16/22 ratio) That 750 (sometimes 1500) DD proc is just too hard to pass up if it will fire twice as often.  Will have to do a whole new series of parses.
Vecsus Strangiato <Enlightened Dark>
Feral Lord
Tarew Marr
MY MAGELO!

Skratchen

Quote from: TrahmaThere needs to be around 100AAs that have elemental or time flag as a prerequisite, so that there can be more powerful AAs appropriate for those characters that play the high end game, without further trashing the not so high end stuff.

I'm almost Elemental flagged, but I'm not convinced that there should be AA's for Elemental/Time flagged characters only.  Unless those Elemental/Time AA's you're referring to are ONLY usable in Elemental Planes and in Time.  Otherwise those AA's would be unbalancing for the game and wouldn't be equitable.

Hey Skratchen!! How many times did slow get resisted on that last mob? Oh, three or four times...

Dummkopf

I have to agree with Vecsus here, got my ED last week and never had a full resist, only some partials on Quarm (most around 600 instead of 750). WA will definetly the first aa i get followed by Sinister Strikes.

Ukator Iceblood

Feral Swipe now unresistable on Lucy.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Tytallia

Anyone know if the Monk AA Rapid Strikes works for 2HB or not? It's nice having the unspoken agreement with the Monks regarding HTH/2HB weapon drops. Personally I'm pretty neutral about this revelation... only bad part I foresee is 2HB rotting (in a DKP system anyways) because HTH/1handers will be best weapons for both classes.

Feral Swip unresistable... SWEET! Now if they would decide what BA is going to be.

Silresa

Ehrm.. How exactly would "resistability" affect a melee skill anyway? The spell itself just activates an attack on the target, which is a melee based attack, I cannot fathom that it could be "resisted" in the first place.. But maybe in some odd way this change will make the skill better than it was last we all heard. ;)

Unfortunately, I doubt it.. I really can't see how making it unresistable will change anything. :)
http://members.cox.net/losian/newsig.gif">
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=249204">Silresa Kylong, Iksarian Feral Lady of Watchkeepers.
- And -
Jingles, the ever faithful and infamous warder companion.

Grymlok

Quote from: Tytallia...because HTH/1handers will be best weapons for both classes.

They already are.  Most monks just haven't caught up to that yet.

The Berserker: Foecussed

Bengali

Quote from: SilresaEhrm.. How exactly would "resistability" affect a melee skill anyway? The spell itself just activates an attack on the target, which is a melee based attack, I cannot fathom that it could be "resisted" in the first place.. But maybe in some odd way this change will make the skill better than it was last we all heard. ;)

Unfortunately, I doubt it.. I really can't see how making it unresistable will change anything. :)

More likely it fixed a bug whereby some mob "resisted" it because it used to have a check, and like you said it was never intended to check against mob resists because it's a skill attack.  Better to clean it up just in case.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Silresa

Just for the sake of curiosity I did a bit of looking.. And it appears, without looking at every single possible instance, that Feral Swipe is just about the only (If not one of the few) Skill Attack(#) things on Lucy that is marked as unresistable. I looked through a bunch of the rogue things, and it seems all their skill attack abilities have no resist marked, as Feral did for a while.

I dunno if any of these abilities were really usable at any point (Since they seem to be part of the now-obsolete opening thingy), but hey, just an observation, as tomorrow we'll all (Assuming Sony's HQ doesn't explode from sheer bandwith use) get to see for ourselves.
http://members.cox.net/losian/newsig.gif">
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=249204">Silresa Kylong, Iksarian Feral Lady of Watchkeepers.
- And -
Jingles, the ever faithful and infamous warder companion.

Qwawn

FYI the offhand DPS improvement AA is listed on test along with all of the other BL GoD aa's now.  I don't know what that does to the NDA....
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=808107">
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/djtx2/Q2.gif" width="501" height="132">