Main Menu

GoD Beastlord-only AA Discussion

Started by DiosT, January 07, 2004, 04:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylaz

Quote from: SoriabPaitence young padiawn  8)
I hate you old man...
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:liz·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail

Soriab

:roll:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen: ROTFLMAO

thukthuk and gator

OK I have to ask becuase I see it often enough.  How does root make us over powered?  I solo while lfg up in PoN and not that I have to back out of melee much anymore, but when I do I NEVER have the mob come attack me over Baron Gator.

The only reason I might buy this AA would be soloing in tight quarters like Droga or Siren Grotto where 1 runner can turn into a quick death.

Anyway, I'm really interested in seeing why everybody thinks root would make us overpowered because as far as I can see, I'm just going to get beat on by most mobs for an additional 20% of their life vs them death marching away slowing while I beat them down?
Thukthuk and Baron Gator <Arete> E'ci Server

Thuky's Gear

Pojodan

I don'thave Hobble... nor do I really intend to get hobble due to the iffy reviews of it and the fact that I almost never have a chance to put it to use.
Now pet root, that I can see for the off times that I do go and smack stuff around for the heck of it, but I certainly don't see it as being overpowering.

From a PvP standpoint I doubt that the root would stick even 10% of the time due to folks having high resists in PvP.

From a 'making us more powerful' standpoint the only real use it has is allowing us to fight easy stuff that would normally go running off at Mach 10 when nearly dead.   As it stands the most fruitful methods of soloing for us are aggro kiting, which root is useless for.  Root-rotting isn't fesable for us since our DoTs are not powerful enough to overcome the healing mana spent in keeping our warders alive in order to keep it rooted.

Over all, I'll put this down as a neat toy that might be handy in this 'Oh &#$!' occations, but certainly not overpowering.

The other AAs look sweet, anything that increases my warder's effectivness is a must-buy.

Xilbeast

Icy grasp popped up on lucy last night, the duration is 4 ticks, which i believe is the same as hobble.  Other classes hopefully arent going to be complaining at us too much over this, since its really very close to hobble just root instead of snare.  The functionality is still very limited.

sarjent

I can see it happening:

Sarjent`s Warder begins to cast a spell
BLAHBLAH is Rooted
Sarjent`s Warder hits BLAHBLAH for 79 points
BLAHBLAH's root has broken

They really need to make this non breakable by melee damage or something so that the warders don't break the root heh. It needs to stack with other pet procs as well, the one reason Hobble sucks is because you lose the effects of a pet proc doing damage.

Arios

Quote from: DiosTPlease discuss the GoD Beastlord AA's Here....

Icy Grasp
-Using this ability imbues your warder with an attack that can freeze an opponent to the ground.

Feral Swipe
-This ability allows the beastlord to make a vicious kick attack against their foe.

Warder's Fury
-This ability imbues your warder with the ability to land critical hits.

Warder's Alacrity
-This ability imbues your warder with the ability to flurry attacks.

Bestial Alignment
-Brings out the inherent beast in the beastlord greatly increasing their destructive power.

Just my thoughts...

Ward's fury and warder's Alacrity for me will be a must-buy, as soon as i can buy them I will.  My warder is very important to me, she should be allowed to get upgrades as much as I do.

Bestial Alignment... it depends if its like the ranger aa, where its only a momentarily incease w/ an illusion, or something more along the line of wolf form.   If its wolf form, it will be put into my list of aa's to buy immediatley after the warder upgrades (for rp reason's)  Then i'll get back to already out aa's.

Feral Swipe, I'll have to wait and see on, it depends on cost..etc... but dps increasers is really good for my normal group which is light on damage.

Icy Grasp, no thankyou.  I can see it having an occasional use, but it rates far below alot of other aa's that I feel would impact my playstyle.  If i'm on root detail somehow, then it already hit the fan and we probably should just evac ;)

There's an aa in the list that says pets will be hit by group spells.  I think they always should as they are such a part of my group, but if its an aa that I'm allowed to buy, most likely I will.

Dysz

QuoteThere's an aa in the list that says pets will be hit by group spells. I think they always should as they are such a part of my group, but if its an aa that I'm allowed to buy, most likely I will.

that sounds like my opinion of pet hold, making it an aa is a cheap way to not fix all of the bsts.  but that said, id probably buy that too, heh.  having focus and diaku on pet instead of ios and dex would be helpful[/quote]
Mark these words: One day this chalk outline will circle this city.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=472464">http://pinkfloyd49.tripod.com/sig.txt>

Murkk Dakruul

I can't think of a single thing I would use icy grasp for. Did anyone even ask for this?.
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

Zorthar

I wonder if beastial allignment will turn you into just a wolf, or your races warder.

Pojodan

Quote from: ZortharI wonder if beastial allignment will turn you into just a wolf, or your races warder.

The last time I checked Lucy there was 15 different versions of Bestial Allignment.. 3 levels, 5 different spell messages
'SoandSo turns into a feral wolf'
'SoandSo turns into a viscious tiger'
etc

So, unless it's changed (Which would be super stupid/lame) you'll look just like your warder no matter the species you are (Which, interestingly enough, is the only AA out there that's different for seperate races of the class that uses it)

My main wonder about Bestial Alignment will be the duration.

If it's like the Ranger AA in that it lasts a short time and has a long refresh then it will be A) useless on Raids and B) Encumbersome for Ogres.. both for the same reasons: Shrink.
It's a known fact that when someone is given an illusion any shrink effects on them will vanish both when they receive the illusion and when it fades.   So, even for Trolls who have small warders they'll still have to start casting shrink the moment it fades so they arn't massive for too long..

If the illusion is sustainable indefinately then it will be a must buy, if it's not then it will simply be a toy to play with.

My GUESS is that the first level of AA (Seeing as how it appears to have 3 levels) will NOT be sustainable.  The second level will be and the third level will boost the stats given... or maybe the other way around.. we shall see.

Zentrel

just seen a pic someone posted *IF* it is a real pic then Pet affinity is going to cost 20!!! aa

yes thats right TWENTY AA to cast group buffs on pets

as i said,  thats *IF* the pics they posted were real

Coprolith

QuoteIf it's like the Ranger AA in that it lasts a short time and has a long refresh then it will be A) useless on Raids and B) Encumbersome for Ogres.. both for the same reasons: Shrink.

Think of us poor Trolls, we'll be looking up at gnomes...

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Murkk Dakruul

Dunno if it's been posted, or if it's real, but here:

Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

Kylaz

Thanks Murkk - That's what I wondered about...
Here are the descriptions of these other AAs:

Improved Innate Run Speed
  - This ability will slightly modify your base run speed. This modification does NOT stack with movement rate spell effects.
Improved Innate Regen
  - This ability raises your regeneration ability by 1 point per ability level.
Improved Lung Capacity
  - This ability increases the amount of air you have by 25 and 50 percent.
Packrat
  - Packrat (more bags ?)
Heightened Endurance
  - This ability raises your natural endurance regeneration by 1 point per ability level.
Persistent Casting
  - Through strict concentration, you gain the ability to channel your spells through stuns. Increased levels of this ability increase the chance to cast through a stun
Pet Affinity
  - This ability allows your group spells to also affect the pets of group members.
Mastery of the Past
  - This ability makes it impossible for you to fizzle a spell or miss a note.
  The first level affects all spells or songs up to level 54.
  The second level affects all spells or songs up to level 56.
  The third level affects all spells or songs up to level 58.
  You may train in this ability once each level, upon reaching levels 62, 63, and 64.
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:liz·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail