Main Menu

GoD Beastlord-only AA Discussion

Started by DiosT, January 07, 2004, 04:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pojodan

Hmmmm...

I wonder if bard songs wearing off will be displayed like normal spells.

I sure as heck hope not since the 'spell wears off' messages will be completely useless to anyone with a pet since all the bard song messages will spam out anything else.

I hope they thought of this.

Kylaz

Some speculations:
Warder's Fury (3 levels)
1) Lets hope it is like CF AA (increasing % of crit).
2) What would suck would be a 72 minute timer for 5 tics crit, with subsequent levels bringing that to 36/18.
If option 1, I'm gonna spend a lot there (9AA I guess for all 3 levels). If option 2, level 1 may be interesting for blast DPS.

Warder's Alacrity (3 levels)
This will probably be a timed "flurry" ability like the ones mage have atm.
Fun factor mostly - I'll take a look at the current mage description.

Bestial Alignment
Unless it gives some ATK/Haste/AC/HP, it will mostly be a fun AA.
Waiting till we get more information on this...
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:liz·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail

Kylaz

More info on packrat I found on mage compendium:
QuotePackrat i was told from a friend, Reduces your weight on all your items a miniscule amount said he went from 47 to 43 on his weight on a mage
Seems to add a 10% weight reducing to all items worn.
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:liz·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail

DiosT

There is a coding nightmare to do Pet affinity the way 'we would think is better'...

Basically it comes down to, Pet Affinity is like MGB, it changes the scope of the targets as the spell is cast... it doesnt re-cast itself over other groups, it simply changes "Target type:" from "Group" to "Area Effect" basically..

Basically what PA is doing is the same thing as MGB, with a different purpose...

If you can imagine, it's a code nightmare to make another players spell effect your pet, if you have the AA...

In order to do it simply, it would require a check before a spell is cast to ensure no one in the group has the AA, then if they do, the target type changes... but..

1) Adds 'lag' as computers communicate
2) Can have problems with multiple pets in group

Can't really say much more, other than I'm sure they are looking at changing the AA.. it is in Beta after all..

Aldur

dios why not make pet affinity a passive ability of the owner.  If the owner of a pet gets hit with a group spell they immediately recast that spell on their pet.  

Or maybe you could do it the other way round.  All group spells by default hit all pets.  Then they are removed/blocked if the pet class does not have pet affinity.

Murkk Dakruul

I know a way to avoid the coding nightmare: Make pet affinity a basic part of the game instead of an AA, like it should of been all along. :D
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

Seboa

Much as I agree that it should have been Murkk, the problem is the game has been balanced for pets not getting the benefits.  If it were all of a sudden to happen, DPS balance would be thrown off (assuming its on right now.)

-Seboa

Urim

For those thinking that the AAs are gonna cost 3/3/3, dont get your hopes up too high. Usually there is big timesink per expansion (Luclin-VT, PoP-Flagging) and im thinking AAs will be a part of this expansions timesink. Wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that Warder's Fury, Warder's Alacrity and Bestial Alignment are gonna cost 3/6/9/12/15 for a total of 45AA to max out each one.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Konji

Id pay 20 AA IF the aa basicly allowed my pet to recieve group buffs.
I like the idea, but unless you have a cleric/druid/pal/ranger who has maxxed AA's dont expect nice raid buff for your pets.

Hrann

I like pet affinity the way it is.  Things are fine today without pets getting buffs - this will be just an extra treat that high end buffers have.  I'll get it eventually I'm sure.  Besides, logically it makes more sense - the caster has gained enough power to make his spells extend even further.

Catrika

I think PA will be a waste.. If yer pets gonna die, its gonna die.. ae's fer 1500/2000/3000..  thats what protection of callaiv is for..  HoV or any other type of buff hitting the pet is just a minor drop in the bucket.. who cares.. a waste of an AA if you ask me.  Half the time it seems pets arent even brought out on raids.

like im gonna spend AA points on something that lets my pet last 30 seconds longer if that..  If thats all its going to do mind ya.. now if there is hidden bonuses or something then we'll see.. till the expansion actually comes and and I know forsure I'll keep my opinion open
Catrika D'Vyle 65th Bst - Cazic-Thule

Murkk Dakruul

When every pet at a raid recieves Symbol, Bot9, SoV, 30% bard over haste, SoP, BSS and AE Sotw/Paragon/Celestial, it will probably make a difference. Thats an extra 1858 HP and 111 ATK, in addition to 30% more haste and heals on AE fights.

The cost is too much right now. There is no way a cleric or any of the other non-pet classes are going to dish out 20 AA for this. Most people think pets are worthless anyways, even alot of beastlord's.
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

bugman

i agree with most of you, i know... lemme see.... ummm ZERO people that arent pet classes that will get the pet buff aa as it is, and these are including like close friends of mine that love my bear as much as i do. its bad enough trying to buy a virtue for my dogbear on raids but now trying to ask a cleric or chanter to spend ALOT of aa on an ability that effects them like not at all.... nice vision soe you asshats ><
~Bugman - Venril Sathir

Lelyia

People will eventually get it, but PA is gonna be labeled as I'll get that after I finish innate stats/resists type aa.  I'll get it on my chanter once I've gotten all the other decent - halfway decent aa's from GoD, but don't expect anyone to buy it regardless of the cost for a loooooooooooooooong time.

Silresa

Woot, first off, I'm glad to see we're all going on some board or another at least.. ;)

But let's see, my take on the AAs..

Feral Swipe - I have my hopes. If nothing else, it's something other than kick. ;)

Icy Grasp - I spent the AA for Hobble, just to try it, and I have used it once. I wish I hadnt' spent those AA, and I won't spend these. :)

Bestial Alignemtn - Depends. CUrrently, all three levels are exact copies of Ferocity, if the duration and effects change, somehow to be more worthwhile, I think it'll be really cool, to say the least. Maybe it'll stop all the infamous "Warder form AA" posts at least.

Warder's Fury / Warder's Alacrity - More DPS is more DPS. If you've got max DPS AA's already, no reason not to grab these and get some more.

So far I have my claws crossed to see what all comes out of this.. And just FYI, the picture posted wasn't his, there's a website that has a screenshot very similar to it of all the classes GoD AA list. :)

http://krop.nerim.net/EQ/divers/GOD/ is the link, so ya can see for yourself.

Personally, I'm hoping the Fury / Alacrity are passive AAs, and that the Swipe is either a severely upgraded kick, or at least seperate from kick if it isn't all that hot.

As for Bestial alignment.. I'm -really- hoping it's more of a wolf form, IE, longer duration, rather than an activated short-burst DPS increaser. But then, that may just be me, but here's hoping.

-----

Silresa Kylong - Feral Lady of Tunare, <Watchkeepers>
And Jingles, ever-faithful warder in tow.
http://members.cox.net/losian/newsig.gif">
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=249204">Silresa Kylong, Iksarian Feral Lady of Watchkeepers.
- And -
Jingles, the ever faithful and infamous warder companion.