Main Menu

GoD Beastlord-only AA Discussion

Started by DiosT, January 07, 2004, 04:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lelyia

QuoteSo far I have my claws crossed to see what all comes out of this.. And just FYI, the picture posted wasn't his, there's a website that has a screenshot very similar to it of all the classes GoD AA list.  

http://krop.nerim.net/EQ/divers/GOD/ is the link, so ya can see for yourself.

Honestly you people need to STOP posting SS's or what not from beta, ESPECIALLY if you actually WANT Brenlo to take these forums seriously.  One of the mods needs to edit out those links, we've taken that stance on the enc boards at least.  I'd hope the mods here do the  same.

The NDA is there for a REASON, once stuff hits beta it changes, normally a ton of times.  Look at lucy and see that every spell has changed what 4 times since they put them in?  These are likely to change to.  When the NDA is lifted you can post SS's all you want till then it's a huge break of an agreement you signed(assuming you are in beta of course).

Silresa

Nope, I am in no way part of Beta, simply passing along what has been circulating all over the place, as far as I knew..

I tried to sign up, page never loaded, and by the time it did it was already closed.

And really, as far as the NDA goes, technically I imagine this thread itself violates the NDA, since we're not supposed to know about any of this.. Just tryin' to be helpful and pass on what I had considered to be well known, sorry.   :?
http://members.cox.net/losian/newsig.gif">
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=249204">Silresa Kylong, Iksarian Feral Lady of Watchkeepers.
- And -
Jingles, the ever faithful and infamous warder companion.

Murkk Dakruul

I've heard you can find all the info in those SS's on the test server anyways, dunno how true that is, but if so we can post away.
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

Gennan

My friend was telling me about the pet AAs as a Necro.  I forget which one it was but one of the crit/flurry AAs doubled when he trained it, the other didn't.  Also, the flurry message is a yellow text message like Warrior flurries.  I'm not sure if others saw it.  I want to get those two ASAP.  The others, candy.  I was really looking forward to spamming people with it.  Of course my pet will be spamming me if Bards get PA...

"Your pet's Chorus of Marr wore off"
"Your pet's Rizlona's Call of Flame wore off"
etc etc...

But I really hope Bards all get PA.  Rizlona's would be huge.

Lelyia

Quote from: Murkk DakruulI've heard you can find all the info in those SS's on the test server anyways, dunno how true that is, but if so we can post away.

QuoteAnd really, as far as the NDA goes, technically I imagine this thread itself violates the NDA, since we're not supposed to know about any of this

You can see the GoD aa window tab, but there is nothing there unless you are on the beta server.

The info that I posted(Before Beta was available).  Was taken directly from the eqstr_ file that you get when you patch your EQ directory to play on the test server.  The ability to /list for aa's per class on test was removed after 2 days of beta open.  But posting screen shots, with point costs etc is a direct violation of NDA, and Brenlo already scolded the enc community for doing so, since I hadn't seen him do it here yet I figured I'd post a warning so he'd actually take this community seriously.

Shere Khaan

The pet affinity saddens me somewhat. After a conversation in guild about it only a handful of casters said they would entertain the idea of getting it before they invested points into stats. It is going to be a year before you see many casters at all with this ability except for those that are already maxxed now.

As for Bestial Alignment I sure hope the third level allows you to keep it up permanently and be perma shrunk. Gonna be really annoying if it lasts less than an hour and needs shrink every time.

I can't think of a worse aa than Icy grasp. I can't express my utter contempt for whoever thought of this without relegating this post/thread to rants. I have never needed hobble and I will never need this. I mean FFS root is more annoying than snare. I was so excited that it was going to be a great damage and stun aa that maybe went to 3.25sec/lvl64 stun and I didn't need to remem the proc spell continuously. But alas it was a piece of crap root proc. Another aa for "post-stats" aa.

Shere Khaan

Murkk Dakruul

I've read about pet affinity on the other boards, it's pretty much guaranteed that it will be changed to the way it should be.

I agree, a root proc is retarded. I don't remember anyone on any board asking for this. It's only purpose seems to be to piss all the other classes off. Unless it procs every 3 seconds and never gets resisted I will never ever use this AA, and I can't see any situation where anyone else would either. Anyone care to enlighten me one when a root proc would be better than a snare proc?. I don't even use hobble except for one zone, PoF when I solo kite. I would rather just get hosed out of an AA than have to listen to all the "yeah but beastlords get root d00d!" comments.
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

Morganti

personally, i would rather this actually be a mana free SoRellic type proc with a higher stun level (65 or so) which makes it something useful as opposed to something that will get us nerfed...or complained about...

give us cookies~!

~D~

Tastian

Every since it was changed to root proc I've been trying to come up with situations where I'd use it.  As it stands after all this time and many talks with other beastlords we still haven't figured out what we'd ever use it for or why it was even added.  Hobble actually has a few spots and it's still almost never used and a rather shuned AA.  Having this changed to a manafree mild rellic upgrade (slightly higher level cap on stun, 10 more dd, different resist) or something along those lines would be great and I'd actually consider this in AA progression.

Rugom Razorclaw

I'd rather have a manadrain proc than root :\
Rugom Razorclaw

Mogur Bloodbear
Ayonae Ro

Silresa

/nod

Honestly I'd much prefer an upgraded Rellic type AA, maybe a little more damage, more hate (Though it's a moot point.. My pet is always summoned first, almost regardless of the raid.. Xuzl, Zlandicar, Peregrin) and a slightly higher level stun, maybe up to 63 or 64 at most.

Wouldn't even need to be a bunch more damage, just a little, and perhaps a tiny -5 resist check or somethin'. This, in my opinion, and apparently a few others, is worth alot more than a root proc with such a short duration. Heck, even a long duration root I wouldn't care about. I have NEVER had a problem with my pet keeping aggro off me if needed, save when it's impossible, IE, low health aggro.

And I agree with one of the above posters, I hope Bestial Alignemtn is something we can keep on almost all the time, if not at least a majority.

If anyone out there is in the Beta, maybe it wouldn't hurt to toss a few suggestions regarding Icy Grasp towards the /feedback or whatever there is for Beta. ;)
http://members.cox.net/losian/newsig.gif">
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=249204">Silresa Kylong, Iksarian Feral Lady of Watchkeepers.
- And -
Jingles, the ever faithful and infamous warder companion.

Tarsq

Bestial Alignment finally got upgraded now has illusion etc. All 3 levels are identical atm though.

Bestial Alignment III
Slot Description
1:  Illusion: Unknown(356)
5:  Increase STA by 40
7:  Increase ATK by 180
8:  Increase All Resists by 70

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=4532&source=Test
Tarsq of Test

Pojodan

Interesting that the ATK and resists components where upgraded a bit.. so it appears that at least the final versions will be -better- than Ferocity.

Here's my general hopes for this AA:

1st level:  Illusion, similar stats to Savagery, cannot be maintained
2nd level: Illusion, similar stats to Ferocity, can be maintained
3rd level: Illusion, better stats, can easily be maintained

That's my hopes, anyway.

At the very least it -needs- to be maintainable at at least one stage in order for it to be at all worthwhile UNLESS they can recode shrink so that changing illusions does not change your level of shrinking.. but since Shrink is not a buff but a simple change of your character's 'size' flag then I doubt it.

Razimir

I would like to see some usefull and yet not over powering AAs, like instacast full shrink AA for pet instead of kewl  soundin, eye candy AAs. I fear that the most of GoD AAs would be quite useseless as they prolly are now.

-raz

Murkk Dakruul

I'll be happy with the new AA's aslong as pet affinity gets changed to the way it should be, and the root proc gets changed to anything other than root(my vote is mana sieve, which someone brought up in another thread).
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony