Main Menu

GoD Beastlord-only AA Discussion

Started by DiosT, January 07, 2004, 04:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trahma

Konji - ansa me one thing straight

This mystery AA - is it a unique to BL thing, or a thing that Sony decided was appropriate for BL to have as well?

And - Hi !

Dummkopf

Warders Fury and Warders Alacrity is working at the moment, however there are some issues with proc pets (konji, use your spf if you still have it).

Konji

Trahma ,
Not a unique skill, its a skill other had but we were added.

Also I did notice after that post that Warders fury was working, albiet not what i expected but there again i only had lvl 1.
Lets just say it took me awhile to notice it working.

Dummkopf

Hehe, right, it takes some time  :twisted:

Tastian

Feral swipe...

"Changed Slot 1 from "Skill Attack(10)" to "Skill Attack(50)"

Let's hope this helps...

Konji

Feral Swipe (Post Change) :

Grade : B

This is now the AA i hoped it would be, this is now pretty much a must buy. Maybe the 1st AA to get, the damage is now quite nice. Im impressed.  I will definalty buy this AA in its current form and will recommend it.

Edit: After further testing, the skill still has a slight problem , mainly the skill landing from frontal attacks, the skill has still drasticly improved and still recomended. If they adjust the ability from frontal attack could be a Grade A skill.

Grymlok

Is Feral Swipe on a separate timer from Kick, or does it work like Monk special attacks?

The Berserker: Foecussed

Vorph

Quote from: KonjiTrahma ,
Not a unique skill, its a skill other had but we were added.

So, um, hypothetically speaking....

If, for example, we were to be getting an AA like Weapon Affinity (more procs) ... what would be so good about that that would make someone think it was a "Grade A" skill?

The way I see it, Weapon Affinity would have to make us proc like cleric hammers do in order to be something I'd call grade A.   :?   Unless I'm missing something, even with ldon augs, this skill would at best make an Ethereal Destroyer a tiny bit more interesting... and other than that it would be one of the last things I'd consider buying (just from reading the description).

I am glad to hear Feral Swipe has been fixed up though; hopefully they'll give Bestial Alignment and the warder stuff a touch up as well.  I have nearly 30 AA banked and was starting to get really discouraged at just how bad our list of AA looks--for someone who pretty much just raids Time, anyway.

Tommba

Pet affinity will be awesome. on VZ Ldon groups are normally buffed in pok, so summon yer pet in pok and receive the inital buffs, virtue, shammy buffs whatever, then suspend it.

One problem though, we MUST be able to CLICK OFF OUR PETS BUFFS! Won't it be annoying if someone casts a spell on your pet just as the pet haste goes off (due to your pet having max buff slots full)? You'll have to /pet go away and start all over again. If other people are going to be able to buff our pets, we in turn should be able to control the buffs our pets recieve by cbeing able to click them off!

QuoteThere needs to be around 100AAs that have elemental or time flag as a prerequisite, so that there can be more powerful AAs appropriate for those characters that play the high end game, without further trashing the not so high end stuff.

I don't like this. What's to stop these elemental/time flagged people trashing the lower content with these abilities? I don't think AAs should be tied in with flags.

Even from a PvP view on VZ. The time flagged peeps are virtually gods in pvp, unless they get too cocky. They have the all the gear , which make them really hard to kill, now giving them these uber ep/time flagged only AAs will only increase this HUGE gap. But i'm sure most of you don't care about pvp . :P
Baron http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=888523">Tommba Braderick <http://www.dieringtraeger.de">Die Ringtraeger>
64th Season Savage Lord
Vallon Zek

Dummkopf

Feral Swipe is in my opinion C to B, with the current miss rate and reuse time it cant be better.

Tommba, you lose a suspended pet on zoning, so zoning in pok and then going to ldon or somewhere else wont help you at all. For me thats not a big issue, i will continue to buff the pet inside ldon, and on raids we normally buff up within the zone except for time where i only do a minimal buffing in trials (and later on we do full raid-rebuffing).

Konji

QuoteFeral Swipe is in my opinion C to B, with the current miss rate and reuse time it cant be better.

Yes im gonna lower my thoughts on this slightly because of same facts. Resue time is ok imo, but it does seem to miss a little too much (from the front) from the rear it hits almost all the time and hits quite hard.

After i made the post last night i played with it for about an hour on various mobs and in different situations and its biggest downfall is when you use it from the front.

So im revising my grade to a B, and i have left /feedback with concerns now.
On side note: How could you even of givin this skill a C before?
The damage it did was funny rarely did it even take 1/2 the hp of a lvl 1 mob. This skill was an F before easy, they shoulda removed this AA from the game in previous form. Oh well its much better now, and atleast worth obtaining.

Tastian

Glad to hear it's getting better.  I hope the remaining issues get worked out as this was going to be my first AA and probably still will be, but we'll see.  Have my 30 banked so *shrugs* it'll really depend what the mystery AA is and how well the pet AA's work once they go live.  Currently they don't seem to add very much.  Also the reuse rate is ok with me long as the overall dps works out right.  I personally would prefer a slightly longer refresh with high damage to a faster refresh.  

Personally I'd like to have it lock out kick and just factor that in for it's boost in dmg.  Really though I don't care, long as it remains the solid dps boost it is I'll be pretty happy.  Hrmmmmmm tail rake animation or something could work too.  8P

Silresa

Is there another beastlord in the Beta out there that can send me a PM? I have a question in reference to a recent change, and I wanna be sure it's an actual change, and not some kind of glitch or screw-up with my UI or client-side or anything.

Thanks. :D
http://members.cox.net/losian/newsig.gif">
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=249204">Silresa Kylong, Iksarian Feral Lady of Watchkeepers.
- And -
Jingles, the ever faithful and infamous warder companion.

Roxxorz

I'm not in beta, but rumors I'm hearing are that the AA cost for GoD abilities is astronomical.  For instance the 5 levels of pet flurry go 3-6-9-12-15 for a total of 45 AA to finish one skill.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=613332">http://home.dejazzd.com/axysspade/Roxxsig5.jpg">

Vorph

That's correct.  Hell, even Run Speed 4/5 is a 5 -> 10 progression.  Expect somewhere in the ballpark of 350AA to max everything.

...and I still would like to know what's so great about Weapon Affinity. ;)