Main Menu

important aa

Started by Agaron, January 13, 2005, 09:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agaron

which is the important aa for a beastlord
i dont know that ..is runspeed necessarry or what did i need??? :?

Et^Cetera

Quote from: Agaron on January 13, 2005, 09:18:10 PM
which is the important aa for a beastlord
i dont know that ..is runspeed necessarry or what did i need??? :?

That largly depends on your circumstances and play style. In addition it also depends if you mean the most important or the most useful

If you were a raider, arguably the most important AA would be /pet hold. Yet you will probably get alot more milage out of Paragon and appreciate it more. If you are very well or very poorly equipped also makes your AA choices different. Each beastlords AA needs are so different depending on if they solo/duo/single group/raid.

We would really need to know more about the way to play before catagoricly saying what AA is BEST.

That said, general, SCR and Paragon is always a good place for your first 24 points and you cant really go wrong with that.
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

Tiroon

Important as in class defining? Paragon of Spirit

1) You need 6 AA's spent in "General": Get level 3 of Improved Natural Runspeed and level 3 of Improved Natural Regeneration.

2) You also need to have spent 12 AA's in "Archetype": Get 3 levels of Spell Casting Reinforcement.

3) After this you're able to spend the 6 AA's to get Paragon of Spirit

Without knowing your style of play this is a path that is universally useful no matter whether you raid, group or solo.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Shrouded

I agree.  There's just really so many benefits to going the SCR3/PoS path.  The benefit of casting buffs less is such a mana saver in group or solo situations and the extented PoS is really nice all around for any situation.  Also, casting buffs less = less annoyance with having all single target buffs, which never hurts either =D
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

Jzath

Just got Paragon this last weekend.  With chanter KEI, sk feeding mana to group, kitty crack and now Paragon every 15 minutes, I did not hear any call for mana breaks like I usually would.  When chanter died due to being snared with adds too far from the group, very little time was needed to wait for her to med up with Paragon and scr 3.

I did the run 3, scr 3, Paragon and it is huge for xp groups.

Jzath, beastlord
70 bloodmoons
FV server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1215044

Impudent

I do agree with the statement regarding the need to know your play-style and habits.

I do not agree with the SCR/Para path in any case.

That said, it does depend on what you like or don't like.

(not many people can honestly say they got Critt Affliction aa's prior to finishing CS/CA/LR/ID)  ::snicker::

Truely, it depends on what your after, how your geared and most importantly.. how much fun you like.
Oh, and F'Vrex Barxt Qurat... for hitting me 3 times.. EACH for 3196.. when *HE* was at 1% health!!

Venerable Impudent Blasphemy - Retired
Predator Zartuim Agromonster

Gungagunga

Something else nice I personally found out recently regarding Paragon while having SCR3 gives you an additional 2 ticks so 400hp 160mana more than just the base done.  With the 8th Coldain shawl you can add 1 more tick to that as well so you would be able to heal 1800hp and 720m every 15min and that is just awesome.

Honestly tho for your aa path it will depend almost entirely your playstyle and goals....hard core gamer you will want the basics and lvl up fast as possible...more relaxed you will have more time to get the basics and a few others....solo/group/raid...

Hereki

I did SCR/Paragon, basically from board advice.  However, I think that is really best for a non-tanking beastlord; ie grouping, rather than soloing.  The advantage of SCR is the reduction in buffing, which is both convenient, and gives the ability for most buffs to last the length of an LDoN.  If you are do lucky as to find people willing to do with you now.

So for a tanking/solo beastlord, I'd go CA first.  I'd still get paragon very early, and I'd get SCR fairly early.  Just not as the archetype title AAs.