Main Menu

Soloing AA exps

Started by SillyWalrus08, May 17, 2005, 09:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SillyWalrus08

If you ahve ne suggestions of a different place pls tells me =) hehe (email me @ my eqfaces profile(search under pinacle) or send me ingame tell/email or send me lil tihng on website) thankies -pina
bumbumbum -pina

Gungagunga

What lvl range are we talking about?

Hinthi

According to Pina's magelo level 60.

I voted other.  I think Velks, Seb and Droga without snare are less then ideal for grinding.  Since your on a PvP things vary but I would suggest Veksar.  You can invis to the undead and they don't run plus you can get solo pulls through basically the whole zone.  The shopkeeper is the only place requiring any breaking.  Since you are PvP I am guessing your resists will be good enough to hang and the undead don't run.
Luclin
Cantus Fidelis
Vanquisher Jearom
Wildblood Hinthi
Prelate Claimon
Grand Arcanist Xerksen

SillyWalrus08

oops sorry..lvl 62 atm..
bumbumbum -pina

Gungagunga

Velks is good cause spiders dont run but not having a see invis item/spell can suck until you get timing of your killing rotation down.  Respawn is 20min.

Veksar gobbies do run but are light blue cons for the most part.  The undead wont run however and at 62 somewhere around 1/3 of them are light blue.  Still you should be able to knock out about 16% AA per rotation which is 17.5min on respawn I believe.

Droga mobs do run at low health so if you hunt here you will want to get the Hobble AA asap.  All mobs are DB cons and respawn is right around 20min.  Decent cash to be found here and named are plentiful.  This really is a great zone you could spend alot of time in without getting bored(heh if you change named camps that is).  The only downside to the zone besides the runing at low health is that some of the casters will cast a spell out of the cancel magic line of spells which can take 2 or 3 buffs off.  Ohh and unless you have the OT hammer it can be a bit of a run to get out of the zone.

OT hammer quest:  http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=741
Sarnak Braid quest to raise faction to amiable to do hammer quest:  http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5

Also getting a shm illusion potion will help raise faction enough you can turn in braids if you are kos to start with.  If you are kos to start with you will want to bank as many as you have room for AND fill your inventory to conserve the potions charges.  Also you can use the potion to get the hammer before you are amiable as your own race but its best just to get up there without illusion.

The OT hammer really should be a must have for any non gating class imo.  I cant tell you how easy it makes life when you go hunt in a zone that is a ways away from PoK...

Seb i've not got the key for this char but have been there with alts so i'd compare it to Droga description.

GE also never been to so cant offer opinion of as of yet. 

Heh I usually find some place I like then go nuts there until I get burned out at the camp... then i'll farm another 10AA just to make sure I never want to go back before moving on.

Et^Cetera

Other - NURGA

At 62 tier 4 should be good,

I spent more time there than I can remember, maybe 30-40 AA points worth.

Gives you faction to hunt in the (now hotspotted) Chardok B aswell.
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

Gunzak

At 62 I did PoN, Deep, PoD, Fungus Grove, and at 64 I did GE.  GE is definetely the easiest I have done solo for aa or reg exp as the mobs dont hit hard, they dont run, and there are several camps where you will get nothing but singles.  I actually did a few AA there and soloed 68-70 in GE.  At 69 a few, 2 in 10, go LB and at 70 about 8 in 10 are LB.

SillyWalrus08

omg i so forgot about GE, I go there sometimes nice exps. and thank all yall for ur exp spot suggestions  :-)
bumbumbum -pina

Dancolen

at 70, go deeper in...  Theres an inner part to Griegs, where there are all DBs to a lvl 70.

Griegs is by far, the best exp spot for me solo.

Chardok B and Howling stones, the new hot spots, have far too many adds/issues for my liking, plus chardok B is heavily LB.

Gunzak

The mobs past the gate are all dark blue at 70 but they have more then double the hit points and hit for a lot more then the pre gate mobs.  Can kill 2 mobs pre gate in the time it takes to kill one after.  Wish I had stayed 69 since I have no 70 spells and at 69 almost all were dark blue.  Sometimes I am tempted to delevel to get AAs for awhile then just relevel up with a rez after.

Nekokirei

Agreed with Etc, Nurga Tier 4 is sweet.  Good mix of LB and DB and I can AA in a bit under 3 hourssince getting CA3 throw in KEI or Virt/VIct/Temp and I'm golden.  Self buffed it's a little longer, roughly 3.5.  Which is fine b/c I'm not big on leaving to get a KEI/Virt/VIct/Temp.  Upgraded Healing on Chroloblast is huge benefit and with avoidance the non-caster mobs leave me needing a single heal halfway my through cycle.  Sucky thing is Ignite/Boil blood now cancels out Chrloroplast so I waste a bit of mana recasting--but added regen is worth mana cost for me.  Generally though, Fuzzbutt keeps them stunned and interupts them enough to keep this at the minor annoyance level.

Pretty much see myself knockingout key AAs here--went from CA1 to CA3 in no time.  Thinking of trying tier 5 when I get a few more AAs and seeing if I can speed up grind and work on rounding out my AA for balance.. 
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Gunzak

3 hours seems pretty long for a solo AA.  Last time I went crazy in GE I killed 43 mobs and got 56% of an AA all in one hour.  Would be much higher exp per kill at 62 since when I did this most were lb at level 70.  Even if you only killed 22 mobs per hour, half my kill rate, you should earn about 45% of an AA per hour there at least.  If you get a KEI, Virt and use tribute haste and regen it will greatly speed up.

Nekokirei

Nevermind, just saw this:

"since when I did this most were lb at level 70."

At 62, I think I can manage, eh, 12 mobs an hour in GE.  Maybe.  Dpends upon if the Mangled Clairvoyants dispell my big buffs.

I'd rather mow through mobs making steady AA and not worrying about buffage or tribute.  Rather than kill a couple, sit and med, kill a couple sit and med, deal w/an add--trying to break a room where mobs are close--inveiteably get dispelled and have to med every other mob, etc etc.  I simply can't handle the beating at 62 in GE.  Mobs take a long time to kill for the effort, and  I dont' do tribute other than guild b/c I dont' have GoD--and I'm not sure I'd really go there anyway, might, might not. =)

I'm good in Nurga Tier 4.  If I want to really crank a bunch of AAs, I'll start a planes, WoS, or DoN mission group. =)

Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

SillyWalrus08

i think i go GE>Nurga.. while ge maybe be a little more challenging (not hard in ge tho) i wouldtn wanna go 3 hours to get a solo AA over less time in ge plus sometimes random drops usable for alt-ies..i think id go crazy.
bumbumbum -pina

Gunzak

best bet would probly be Velks then.  Mobs dont hit hard and are good AA at level 62.  Only other options would be to level to 64 and get new pet.