Main Menu

Hobble worth it?

Started by ryoko, May 26, 2005, 11:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firriann

sunkash, truer is a slacker that i could kill with me naked. haste or no haste! :p na, j/k. i guess he prolly run on tribute haste like corr said. i did it for a while till i got my time earring. and yes, it gets expensive when you got second chance, 150hp and haste :p
Firriann Tailchaser - 72 Beasty
Lynia Tsukikage - 75 Ranja
The Tribunal Server

Llundlar Orinoco

hobble is definitly worth it, its mana free proc that stacks with spirit of ironu, I keep it up 24/7
Savage Lord Llundlar Orinoco 70 (Beastlord) Saryrn
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=851354
Scholar Fushae Orinoco 70 (Wizard) Saryrn
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=83942

TrueRWB

OHHHH Yeah right before I quit EQ I sold my gloves of haste whatever they were.  The "cheap" ones in the bazaar.  My guild was about to time so I figured I wouldn't need a haste item.  We were also farming the crap out of earth so I planned on getting that haste item there the wrists I think?  Also Firriann...yeah she could totally own me.  Like I said I suck at soloing, PVP I don't even think about it. 

Oh btw (you know back to the subject) I did use hobble alot when I first got it especially when there wasn't a snarer in the group but that was few and far between. 
True Red, White, and Blue American...Respect the Colors!
AKA: TrueRWB the Wise
:pint: Drink up tonight...WE RAID!

Gotog Ironskull

Its nice ta have but not a must.  When I got it I found out that it canceled out my snare spear.  Also I wish it would snare higher level mobs some stuff still walks away very slowly but it still dose.

Gotog IronSkull
70 Oger Beastlord
Me Droppings

BriguyFV

I hope its not to late for me to add my 2 cents here but I think Hobble was the biggest waste of AA's I have ever done. I have been asked many times on my server what I thought about it and that is what I tell them. WORSE EVER!! The thing to do is to get Obtenebrate Short Sword for around 300plat, or (sorry, I had a brain fart I can't remember the other one) and they will snare the mob alot better than the Hobble.

RIght now I am working on getting my perm pet so I can get the Sword of Truth and Obtenebrate Short Sword for my pet and not have to worry about losing it after I log out.
Briguy Theomega, 70 seasons/425+ AAs Beastlord

Member of the Chivalrous Valor
Member of the Planar Campaign
FV Server

Kylanzek

I think it's worth it.  I'd definately wait until you have defensive/offensive that you want/need out of the way, but if you solo alot, or even duo/trio, this is a very handy tool.

As stated before, its not going to give you a "sure" snare in places you have little to no space to play.  But in most instances, mobs do not get more then 3-4 steps from you.  In MOST cases.

Savage Lord Kylanzek Breezybottom
68th Season Barbarian Beastlord
Member of Ring of Mystic Souls
Firiona Vie

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1202587

Tannyon

Quote from: BriguyFV on June 03, 2005, 05:17:35 PMThe thing to do is to get Obtenebrate Short Sword for around 300plat, or (sorry, I had a brain fart I can't remember the other one) and they will snare the mob alot better than the Hobble.

Think you are thinking about the Sargasso Spear. I have it, one it procs snare much more reliably [have WA maxed] then HOS [which I also have]. Using bandolier, can swap the spear in and out quickly.

Gungagunga

Since you say you duo with a shm most of the time I would say this is a valuable AA for you to pick up.  The biggest reason being that your group doesnt have a snarer right now so the only hope of stopping the mob before he goes and tells all his friends about how mean you were to him is to nuke him down fast when he gets low (not real mana efficient) or root him (unreliable as mobs have a chance to break root every time they take dmg).  Hobble combined with your other pet stun procs will stop mobs from movin too far.

The only time I could see this AA as being worthless is if you commonly fight mobs that are immune to run speed changes or you are frequently in groups that have at least 1 snaring class.  Even then its always nice to have a back up snare.

Bananea

Quote from: BriguyFV on June 03, 2005, 05:17:35 PM
I hope its not to late for me to add my 2 cents here but I think Hobble was the biggest waste of AA's I have ever done. I have been asked many times on my server what I thought about it and that is what I tell them. WORSE EVER!! The thing to do is to get Obtenebrate Short Sword for around 300plat, or (sorry, I had a brain fart I can't remember the other one) and they will snare the mob alot better than the Hobble.

RIght now I am working on getting my perm pet so I can get the Sword of Truth and Obtenebrate Short Sword for my pet and not have to worry about losing it after I log out.

Buy a Journeyman's Walking Stick instead of waiting for Seru sword, that way you get Tash + Snare from pet. :)

hakaaba

Since Omens most mobs can run away slowly even with hobble making it weak but better than nothing. I give it 3 out of 5 paws for a free, not terribly inconvenient snare

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Zatrik

How could a pet equip a sword of truth anyway?  Pets can equip items with none as the race, but not for the class.  Look at mage summoned weapons, they're all/none (class/race).
65 Beastlord of Al'Kabor
Visit our little Mac server at eqmac.com or if you have a Mac download the client and get a free cd key here.

Nusa

Wrong assumption. The obstacle to the pet equipping the Sword of Truth is the no trade flag, not the class/race settings. It really is a useless piece of junk, no matter how much you like the stats.

Zatrik

He's on FV, so no drop isn't a concern for him.  However, I still think weapons need a class to be used by pets.
65 Beastlord of Al'Kabor
Visit our little Mac server at eqmac.com or if you have a Mac download the client and get a free cd key here.

Rhoam

I use hobble all the time. If I had known how it would actually perform, I would have invested the AA into something else until later, but I would still have purchased hobble at some point. I regularly group with a druid and sometimes hobble will land on a mob that resisted her  snare alot.  I like it alot when I am pulling mobs in tight areas where the next add is only a short distance away.