Main Menu

How many AA's/AC/HP to reliably tank in Planes?

Started by Bulge, January 10, 2004, 01:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonyn

Going back to the original post.

I have been soloing successfully in PoN as soon as I got my level 64 pet Spirit of Sorsha. with healing of Sorsha doing 4200 heal with the aa Healing gift.

I only had CA1, CS1, Combat Fury, Healing gift 1, Healing Asept 1, Finishing Blow. a total of 22 aa's to start with and I found it quite easy.

I am now 65 with 50 aa's and it is a lot easier but you can still do it with 64 pet no problem.

Lonyn
65 feral lord Venril Sathir

Kotasz

I've been tanking tier 3 trash mobs (BoT and specifically Tactics pit trash) since before I had any defensive AAs.  My hps run in the low end of 5k with around 1100 ac and I have the 65% slow.

Tonight I tanked the Greater Pusling boss-types in CoD.    They're unslowable and hit for the 612ish range.  However, I have LR5 now.

The only thing you really need is a healer that understands how streaky our avoidance can be.

I will say that looking back things aren't as difficult as I thought they would be.  I remember a quite few months ago when I thought it would be impossible for me to tank rats in PoD.  Ahh.. ignorance.
Elder Kotasz - RasCal of Povar

Warrl

Nunya I am not calling ya out or anything I myself keep agi as high as I can but to try and help ya out a little, when you said regardless that means above everything else so it is easy to see where others have misread what you meant. alot of times it is easy to misintrept things like that. Just trying to give ya a view point to see where others could say that.
Warrl Loreweaver
70 Feral Lord
CT Praxium

Elrathin

For all those that are seriously determined that a max AGI is the key, the best way I have found is by getting a prismatic weapon.  I have a piercer prismatic and I just switch to it for the proc, then go back to my h2h weapons after the proc hits.

No I don't think max AGI is the key, but with the prismatic weapon procced, I get all my melee stats maxed to 305.

-Elrathin-
-65 Feral Lord

Bengali

Just thought I'd add that you don't have to worry about getting a 2hb to tank if you don't have one.  If you do have one that you like, then by all means feel free to use it, but you don't have to think that you won't be able to be a useful tank without one.  I don't even own one currently.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Tommba

Quote from: BengaliJust thought I'd add that you don't have to worry about getting a 2hb to tank if you don't have one.  If you do have one that you like, then by all means feel free to use it, but you don't have to think that you won't be able to be a useful tank without one.  I don't even own one currently.

Ahhh...My ears are bleeding!!   :cry:

I doubt ya needed full defensive AAs to tank tier3 either, but it sure does make it easier i'm guessing, doesn't it?  :)
Baron http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=888523">Tommba Braderick <http://www.dieringtraeger.de">Die Ringtraeger>
64th Season Savage Lord
Vallon Zek

Zhamok

Well just want to put in my 2cp worth of experience. I am level 65, fully self buffed I have 3880 Hps, 1024 AC Ogre beast. I have 46 AAs, Paragon, SCR3, CA3, and BF3. I have Sha's Revenge and Ferocity and I cast Incapacitate and Frost Spear at mob. I can tank trash mobs in PoN, spiders, treants, and blood ravens. Accoding to Alla these mobs can go as high as level 55. What I noticed is that with these HPs and AC, I needed to back off at least once to heal myself. Weapons are delightful orb and waning light katar. I got Virtue and KEI yesterday which brought my AC to 1077 and the AC increased made a huge difference. I tanked ravens, spiders, and treants all the way without backing out to heal myself. Its a nice place to AA, 2% per AA. Finish 54% AA in 2 hours.

Bengali

Quote from: Tommba
Quote from: BengaliJust thought I'd add that you don't have to worry about getting a 2hb to tank if you don't have one.  If you do have one that you like, then by all means feel free to use it, but you don't have to think that you won't be able to be a useful tank without one.  I don't even own one currently.

Ahhh...My ears are bleeding!!   :cry:

I doubt ya needed full defensive AAs to tank tier3 either, but it sure does make it easier i'm guessing, doesn't it?  :)

You don't have to guess, 2hb does make it easier.  Plane of Time gear would make it easier also, and so would 4 clerics healing you, but it's not like you NEED that stuff, which is what the original question asked.  The question was what do you NEED to tank in the Planes, not what makes tanking EASIER.

And again, I never said not to use 2hb if you had one or it's easy to get one (in fact I specifically said to go ahead and use a 2hb if you have access to one).  I just don't think people should stress over getting one simply because they think its a necessary component to tanking.  If you have money/DKP to burn, then by all means do so.

But just to be crystal clear, I think that in most circumstances 2hb will make you a better tank unless the mob cannot riposte at all.  I have been tanking in the Planes for a long time, however, and I don't use one.  So you don't have to have a 2hb to be "reliable" is all.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Hereki

Quote2% per AA. Finish 54% AA in 2 hours.

54% of an AA in 2 hours is a pretty poor solo AA rate with those AAs.  I have similar (but slightly more, nothing that makes much difference, tho), and can get an AA in roughly 2.5 hours, no KEI.  Just not in PoP.

dewddabst

he brings up a good point, if u want to be a really good tank 2hb mite be the way to go.  but we arent "real" tanks and you know what we are a lot of dps, our epic is a nice weapon we wont get rid of for a very long time.  i am seeing the EP god loot and i am still wearin epic haste.  i have tanked for over 2 months of playin a 65 bst and i can tell you reposted isnt a problem for me.

full defensive aas arent needed.. but if u dont have the time to get those, i doubt you will have the gear to support tanking... it goes hand in hand.  you dont see a 8khp beast with 0 AAs and u dont see 4khp (buffed) bsts with 150 AAs.  you find ur appropriate niche and work from there.

look at my previous post if you want to know what kinda AAs / hps / lvls are generally per tier.

Zhamok

Looking at my post, I did make a mistake and wanted to instead say 2% AA per kill. It is pretty bad rate and it would be like about 4 hours to get an AA. Still looking for a spot that will give an AA  at least every 3 hours. This was the rate I was getting my AA at 60 in Velks. As it is now LDON dungeons give me 40-50% AA per adventure.

Just wanted to try it out and see for myself how fast an AA is earned in Tier 1 Planes since I read somewhere that you can get one in about 2 hours soloing. The original poster was asking some info and I was in a position to give some info. Not saying its good or bad but just trying to be helpful.

Perhaps Hereki you can provide the places where you can get an AA every 2.5 hours without KEI and people would be happy to know these places. I know I would.