Main Menu

Well bought first the levels of advanced BF

Started by Gunzak, September 14, 2005, 08:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunzak

I see zero benefit so far from the first three levels of advanced BF.  Unless I can be proven wrong its 15aa down the toilet.  Has anyone parsed this since it went live and verified its actually better then before?  For 15aa i could have bought three levels of Weapon Affinity and had a 30% greater chance to proc.

Damim

I bought all 5 levels and it felt like I was hitting more, but I have no parses to prove it :?

Gunzak

Maybe it makes a big difference with Ambidexterity and Weapon Affinity 5 which I lack.  So far I just don't see a increase in DPS.  I think I'll get Ambi and WA5 next then BF last as those give a big difference in DPS right away from using DPS guide on website.

Damim

Ambi would definitely be more effective first.

Kanan

I thought I'd remembered reading somewhere tho that the dbl attack only affected your primary hand... or am I thinking of only the flurry AA that rangers and others get? (yes I know flurry is primary only)
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Damim

Gudaman

This aa is for both main hand and off hand. Also if you are just watching your hit's expecting to see the wrath of god come out from your weapon's then this aa is not for you. On beta it was about a increase of 3% chance to double attack pur level. So unless they changed much with this aa that i doubt that would be a 15% increase on top of the already chance we get with pop bf.

Bodegah

I also bought all 5 levels of it, and I sure seemed to be hitting more also.  Not sure how big a diff, but was noticable difference from the normal. I also have no parse atm to back it up, could all be in my head :)

iamweaver

Making blanket statements like this without any evidence to back it up doesn't really help anyone, Gunzak.  Can someone do pre- and post- AA testing, perhaps on the Katta banker?
Lupic, as my alt, only had 10 AA banked (I used 9 of those on Fetter, which was *definitely* worth the investment), so I wouldn't be able to provide definitive, AA by AA  parses until I collect 25 AA points which might be a bit.
Wildblood Lupic Wulfsib:  Member of Memento Reejeryn, The Seventh Hammer (Lanys T'Vyl)
Sugar Daddy: Berrew, Archon of Brell Serilis

Kanan

I'd banked the AAs, so I got all 5 levels.. I know that wont be helpful in testing change b/w levels, but would parsing before the expansion be necessary as well?
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Tastian

Nekokirei

*looks at Tast laying on ground, picks up gun and nudges Tast with toe*

silly Tast!  we keep this thing loaded with blanks; did you REALLY think we'd let you kill yourself?  :evil:
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Gunzak

Like I said I havent parsed it yet but I did about 4 hours of DoNs right after getting it and doesnt "seem" to be doing any more.  Oh well I guess I was just expecting a lot more for 15aa.

iamweaver

QuoteI know that wont be helpful in testing change b/w levels
Here is a pretty simple testing method:

1. Start with BF5, where most of us are at.
2. Get a fast H2H in MH, 1HB in OH.
3. Remove all buffs
4. Attack our favorite banker in Katta,  Bella Helsin, from behind.
5. Go to bed.
6. In the morning, run yalp on the generated log file, and see what your attacks count/hour was for each hand
7. Buy Improved Bestial Fury rank 1, play, then repeat above before you crash for the next evening, only now with 1 more rank of IBF.

3AAs per rank isnt too bad; if I get the chance and someone else hasn't done it, then I will try get some more AAs between raids and what have you.  I can at least do the baseline and rank 1 right now, since I have 3 from much DoDh silliness.
Wildblood Lupic Wulfsib:  Member of Memento Reejeryn, The Seventh Hammer (Lanys T'Vyl)
Sugar Daddy: Berrew, Archon of Brell Serilis

Khayden

Quote from: Gunzak on September 14, 2005, 10:27:14 PM
it and doesnt "seem" to be doing any more
Coprolith is spinning in his EQ grave right now I just know it.

Your naked eye CANNOT tell the difference between double attacking 15% of the time and 30% of the time.

You'd have to parse for a good 15-20 minutes with and without it to get a decent feel for the results.

Khayden
Khayden
75 Barbarian Wildcaller of Mithaniel Marr
Bertoxxulous