Main Menu

Well bought first the levels of advanced BF

Started by Gunzak, September 14, 2005, 08:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solase

Quote from: iamweaver on September 15, 2005, 10:45:21 PM
QuoteEQ timestamps to 1 sec(10 del) and if you are under that then you run the risk of multiple rounds showing up in the same time stamp.
Ahh, I see what you are saying.  but honestly, I am not looking to see how many attacks are double-attacks per se.  If I know how many attacks total I did, then I can calculate exactly how many of those are double attacks. My real problem is two-fold.  1) I forgot that I don't HAVE to parse for baseline, since baseline can be calculated. 2) I don't know the granularity of the SoE combat engine.

Wielding a 19-delay weapon with 46% haste,  1.9/1.46=1.3014 seconds per swing, but the engine most likely runs in 0.1-second increments.  But does it round? Truncate?  Step-function?  Cutting out haste eliminates this question.  As a nebbish kinda guy, I will point out however that 3160.5 swings/hour at BF5 (from above) turns into 2948.3 single-attack swings/hour which would be 1.31 swings/second, which points to step-function. This means that *perhaps*, my parse shows a 17.2% Double-Attack from IBF1.

But the real answer is just to rerun the tests unhasted, so that I can compare the swings/hour with the expected swings/hour (1894.7) :)  I will kick that off before I head out for the evening.

Let's see... One knot, plus one knot is three knots.... wait, where were we again?  I might have to ask Jethro for help on this one  :roll:

bham

Quote from: Gunzak on September 16, 2005, 09:30:00 PM
I think what I will do then is finish IBF5 then finish SCF3 then do Ambi and WA5.  Should be about 50aa total.  Gonna need more MPG,  DoN and RSS groups I guess.

Supposedly theres a werewolf mission where you can make 2.5 AA every 20 mins. Maybe grind some AA there before they nerf it.

I said 'supposedly'. Its from a source I trust but I havent had time to try it myself yet.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Gunzak

I havent done a single monster mission yet.  Only thing I have done with DoD so far is buy the new BF AAs and make Javelins for the range slot.  My guildies have been doing a bunch so guess I need to go on a few.

iamweaver

And yeah, a 6-hour parse shows 18% DA on both MH and OH for IBF1 using EQCompanion.  For some reason I thought that program was for live parsing only, so  I always used YALP :) .  Thanks for the tip, Tastian.
Wildblood Lupic Wulfsib:  Member of Memento Reejeryn, The Seventh Hammer (Lanys T'Vyl)
Sugar Daddy: Berrew, Archon of Brell Serilis

Tastian

nps 8)

I use EQcompanion a bit for combining the fights and some offensive parsing.  Use yalp for a lot of defensive parses(god I hate them) and an assortment of tools I coded for things like pet flurries and crits and other specific things I'm trying to parse. 

Lots more data starting to come in from the expansion now and more are starting to get the spells too.  I'm anxious to hear what others think of the pet/disc as they get them.  8)

ryoko

So assuming that with IBF5, I should be doing about 30% double attack, what would it be with a Ferocity III Augment?  I'm a little confused about how the Ferocity Augs work.  I have one, but haven't parsed how much it helps. 

Seriously though, is there any reason in the world that we shouldn't have a base double attack of atleast 50%?  I mean you spend 15+25AAs  and you would get about 80% double attack.  This would balance a great deal of our DPS woes and still would be far behind most other classes that have inate double and some tripple.  Just freaking silly. 
Ryokobeast , 70 Beastlord, The Nameless

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=958897

iamweaver

QuoteI'm a little confused about how the Ferocity Augs work
Fero augs are based off of your baseline DA chance - so a Fero 3 item increases your chance to DA by 9% of 30% with IBF5, which is a 2.7% increase.  Not all that much, but twice as good as it used to be.

As for DPS woes - really, you shouldn't be seeing much of them. If you compare your DPS (pet, magic, melee) to that of a ranger with similar AAs also equipped with DoN gear, the results shouldn't be that far apart.   When I run in non-guild groups with similar equippage to mine, I am a DPS class.

Wildblood Lupic Wulfsib:  Member of Memento Reejeryn, The Seventh Hammer (Lanys T'Vyl)
Sugar Daddy: Berrew, Archon of Brell Serilis

ryoko

Maybe, I haven't done much parsing I guess to compare.  I have Ambidex, Sinister, BF5, IBF2, first two levels of pet crit and pet flurry, Casting Fury 3, Combat Fury 3 and almost all the Def AAs.  It just seems that a ranger with a few ARchery AAs owns me on DPS.  Maybe those big crits that are flying by is what throws me off.

Tastian

"Seriously though, is there any reason in the world that we shouldn't have a base double attack of atleast 50%?"

The reaon is that at 60 I think base double attack rate is only 60% for the true double attackers lol.  It's ~68% last I checked before depths went live.  We aren't nearly that far behind that we need almost identical double attack to other classes.  That would mean that the small gains of triple attack(it's nice, but over-hyped by many that don't parse), flying kick/flurry/etc, and a few specific AAs like rapid strikes, flurry, etc would have to offset our spells(including pet).  The pet has fallen off, but not that much and not at the lower end of the spectrum. 

Now that depths is live and we've got some new AAs(as do others) we'll have to do some more parses and see.  Especially once more aquire the new spell and the new disc.  The disc is a really big help to our burst dps that was the biggest issue we had when it came to raids and big mob kills.  Like I've said before how they tweak some things will depend on how they tweak others.  Also I think some beastlords would like to see some of our changes addressed in ways other than "ok now you are just another melee basically".  Lots want their pet to do more, maybe spell changes, extentions on the new short duration pet_dot, etc.  *shrugs*  We'll see...

ryoko

Ok, maybe not 50 then, how about 30% at level 70?  I mean if they are at 68, with 30% more with AA's and some ferocity thrown in...that is looking like 100% or close to it.  Now throw in a few tripples, and you are at say 110% double attack.  I know it isn't right, but need some way to include tripple attack in double attack numbers.  IF we even got 30%, that would give us a max of 60% double attack.  So we would need to make up the other 50% with pet and spells.   It is possible at the lower end to make up the damage, but I would imagine at the upper end where weapons damage makes up a bigger chunk of the overall damage, we would still be behind but not as far. 

Tastian

"Ok, maybe not 50 then, how about 30% at level 70?  I mean if they are at 68, with 30% more with AA's and some ferocity thrown in...that is looking like 100% or close to it."

No, this is what soooo many people continue to miss.  No other class gets close to the boost to double attack that we get via AAs.  These other AAs aren't giving other classes +15% double attack or +30% double attack.

Yes triple attack can be factored in and I've done as such because it's simply more attacks that modify the value one gets from the ratio of the weapon.  Too many people have these false perceptions about what something does though.  Our double attack rate isn't nearly as far behind now as it used to be, other classes double attack AAs aren't nearly what ours are, triple attack isn't as big as some make it out to be, etc.

Also you have to realize how the progression of dps works for us.  Right now a bazaar geared beastlord that is doing maybe 50-75dps from weapons can have a warder that is doing about 70dps.  That's a major portion of the dps and makes the beastlord overall quite close to other classes.  At the higher end though where the pet is now doing maybe 100dps while the beastlord is putting out around 200 then things fall off a lot more as other classes have progressed more inline with how the beastlord has, but the pet and other spells have lagged behind some.  *shrugs*  It's a big issue, lots of math, but unless someone can put up some accurate parses showing some new numbers different from what I've seen we don't need 60% double attack...yet.  8P

Gunzak

Now that the dps calculator is working again it says that the first three levels of IBF has added 6dps so thats not too bad though i think 5aa is pretty high.  Unlike a large number of beasts on this board i cant solo 1-2 aa per hour and I don't play often so could take me a few weeks to get the last 10 AA i need.

jitathab

Go do the monster mission in Nek - AA in 30-45 Mins irrespective of classes and gear. The orc one is simple as is the fairies. It doesnt even take any time to get to.

Gunzak

Where is the mission in Nek?  I have not done a single mission yet.  Last two weeks I have played once as work kept me busy.  Also do I need a group or is it solo?

Shieara

You need a group for it.  I've done it with five...not sure if you can do with four.  Class doesn't matter nor level.  Just get whoever. 

SPOILERS ON ORC/FAIRY MISSIONS BELOW

Orc mission:  Trigger is an orcish thermateurge (sp?)

The Shi Walkthrough = Set up your people with one healer template, one wizard, and the rest brutes.  Make sure your brutes go into skills and make a taunt button.  Take a few moments to set your aa.  For brutes, I found the stun/snare effects to be faily useless in this mission. 

Then one of your members will train into the cave to find the missing dark elf guy and hail him.  They will then die and respawn at the entrance.  After the hail, a chest pops in one of the clearings with the keys to the guy's shackles. The treasure for this mission is also in this chest btw...seems like mostly caster stuff.   Another person goes ahead and loots it while your trainer respawns.  You have now completed 3/4 of the mission.

Next the group crawls down to the dark elf guy and hands him the key.  You then protect him as he moves to the zonein.  The one thing to remember here is that the dark elf does stop on occasion to "rest" and respawn is fast.  Just protect him as he gets near the zoneout.  Your healer can just mezz the last few mobs if he/she wishes.  Once the dark elf zones out you have won.

Then most groups do the fairy mission.

Fairy mission: Trigger is a wandering spirit(I think) which roams around the zone

You have no choice but to choose razormane fairy on this one.  Personally I hate this mission but anyways...

The keys to this mission are patience and teamwork.  You want to make sure the first thing everyone does is make a hide hotkey.  There is only one enemy in this entire mission that sees through your hide.  We will get to him in a moment.  Also, near as I can tell your hide will never fail.  If you fail to use patience with hide and try to rush all you will do is die...over and over again.

Enemies for the first part are wisps.  Wisps from outside the cave will lose aggro if you run into the cave, and vice versa.  However, your goal is to avoid aggro on them at all.  As a fairy, you will not be able to fight enemies.  Instead you must avoid them.

So, first you find the remains which are in the same cave as where the dark elf from the orc mission is.  You will see this box.  You need to attack it until it smashes, being sure to hide if any of the cave's willow wisps come near.  Once it is smashed do NOT loot the dust yet.  You want to get your group into position. 

There are three shrines that you will have to destroy.  I recommend putting three of your members on the shrine near the cave, then one on each of the other ones.  Your last person should remain in the cave to loot the dust.  The reason I recommend three on the shrine near the cave is, if you don't manage to kill it off before your people die and respawn at the entrance it will be a serious pain to get back there. 

Then you have your cave person loot the dust.  At this point all the wisps will depop and be replaced with undead rats.  These do not see invis, however it is very difficult (impossible?) to drop aggro off of them.  Now, you need to start destroying the shrines.  One word of advice...do not use fairy fire (your dot).  The mission seems bugged where, if you have used fairy fire on a shrine and die, you do not get credit for killing the shrine and thus cannot defeat the mission. 

After a few moments zombies will start spawning.  That's where the fun starts.   There is one zombie who sees through any type of hide.  He tends to hang around the cave shrine, which is why we assigned three people plus the cave person if they could get there, to killing it.   Hopefully they have managed.  If so, those people go to help the other two with their shrines.  If you die you repop at the entrance and try to reach one of the other shrines again.

Now, worst case scenario.  All the mobs are up and you failed to kill the shrines thus far.  Your group is back at zonein.  Hopefully this will not happen to you but if it does...well...here are some things you can do.

Move to the shrine as a group.  If someone happens to get aggro, they become your  "trainer" and clears past the shrine.  Remind them that they can heal themselves a couple times with the fairy stuff.  Hopefully this enables more of your group to get to the shrine and continue bashing.  If someone gets aggro while you are on the shrine, that person can "tank" with heals from them and the others.  Fairys do have a taunt.  I'd recommend against the fear unless you are in a desperate situation.

Okay so shrines are dead now through whatever means.  The person with the dust waits for all dead to repop at zonein and zones out first.  There is a bug where if someone else zones out first or the dust person zones while another member is dead, that member might not get exp.  After the dust person is safely out the rest of you zone.  The dust person should remember after all are out and have left the mission to destroy the dust.  Giving the dust back to the spirit seems to have no advantage, but it is lore so if you have it in your inventory you will not be able to loot on next fairy mission.  Remember, when you transform into a fairy again you will not have access to your stuff to distroy mid-mission.

And that's about it, or rather that's how we did it.

Edit: added spoilers tag in case someone didn't want stuff revealed