Main Menu

DoD AA Parses.

Started by vlad, September 27, 2005, 03:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vlad

Well I had to redo my parses since they were screwed up before. Now I have enough data.
This is coming from a full preDOD AA beastlord.

I got 5 levels of new BF
preDoD - 112.01 DPS
with new BF - 123.85

I also got 2 levels of new pet flurry:
preDoD - 69.83DPS
with new flurry - 69.50

As you can see 5 levels of BF added about 10DPS to BL but the two levels of flurry added nothing to the pet,
my parse before showed the same thing, it's within margin of error, 69.x DPS. Skip this AA until you have nothing else to spend AAs on.

I also parsed my necro, much less geared necro is doing much more DPS but the pet is much inferior to BL pet even though it's 2 levels higher (we are talking 69dps vs 40dps). I guess that's a good thing for BLs.

Kanan

heh.. was gonna be asking abt the flurry AA.  Strange tho that the dps decreased with it.  I see constant flurrying now with the pet, but I've always liked the flurry idea bcs it gives an add'l chance to hit. 

Some magi had said parses showed that the extra swings tended to miss.  But imo, you are getting one hit out of every flurry, so that's a flurry = a hit = dps.  Reason imo to use frenzy on zerker is that it may not be much dam/hit, but its almost always at least one hit, which is nice to know u are guaranteed when u hit that key.

Other thots on that?
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

vlad

Well even if we do get extra DPS it's so miniscule it's within the percent of error of the parse. I am doing more parses and pet DPS fluctuates within 69.x so the new pet flurry AAs don't even add 1 dps, hence they are useless if you have anything else to spend them on.

Kanan

kk.. if its adding nothing.. then that sounds like a bug to me.  Cuz just creating an AA sink is silly of them.

vlad

more parses (by now many hours)
my dps - 122.44 so still a difference I can see from my previous dps
pet - 69.64 no visible difference :(

hakaaba

Can this be looked at? It may be bugged.  In our current state, 18 aas for dps increases lower than the margin of error seems silly.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

vlad

just bought flurry3, will post  parse tomorrow

Nusa

What about pet crits aa? Is that doing anything?

Kanan

I'm assuming vlad is talking about the DoD increased flurry AAs and has prolly already bot the crit aas a long time ago.

vlad

Yes I have had all the other AAs for a long time, right now we are talking just DoD AAs.

Had only about 3 hours to parse with flurry3 but I am seeing a dps increase! I have no idea why with flurry2 it was within error. What I'm seeing is about 3-4 dps increase from flurry 3 so I am registering about 73dps from my pet instead of 69. It's still nothing for 18AAs but I guess at least there is a visible dps increase.

I think it's the whole idea of our pet really dropping in DPS the higher you go. IBF5 is a much more cost effective thing to get if you have decent dps.  My necro without pet still smokes my BL+Pet (BL has MUCH superior gear and since I'm playing BL as main necro is not as efficient as he can be) and with pet it's no contest (even though BL pet is almost twice the damage).

I still love my BL :) I guess time to buy new defensive AAs.

Bengali

The problem I've had with the Flurry AAs is that they are a chance for 0-2 extra attacks, which means that in addition to the chance that the attack will be missed or avoided, there are a lot of Flurry messages where the pet doesn't even attempt an additional attack.  Add that to the fact that the pet doesn't even hit very hard, and it takes a huge amount of flurrying before you even notice a difference.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Kanan

vlad's parses still seem to demonstrate a bug to me.

It took him getting flurry 3 to see a change, but at level 2 there was no change.

vlad

ok I give up, now the DPS dropped to 71 (couple more hours of parsing). This AA is useless unless you have all of them like I do.

Tastian

Parses I did at warders savagery rank 3 put them at ~4% increase to pet dps.  The AA isn't great in terms of cost to damage, but neither was the original.  Especially if you weigh it againist improved BF which is basically a copy of our far and away best offensive AA to date.

Did you make sure your parses at rank 2 were the same as other tests run?  I've seen people forget they changed buffs, or had haste fall off, or fight different mobs, or even lose positioning with pet so suddenly it was getting dodged and stuff a lot.  In the 8+ hour parses I ran with pet hitting from behind I saw a noteable, but costly gain to pet dps.

I'll see if I can get some more parses in later.

Also the flurry% with warders savagery3 is major.  The pet naturally has multiple attacks(often 3 or 4), the pet does flurry for 0 extra attacks sometimes and the pet can miss the flurrys.  Yet with all that factored in there was still a boost which gives you some idea of just how much "FLURRY" spam you have with WS3. 

vlad

All parses are EXACTLY same, no extra buffs, a group of BL/Necro/Cleric fighting the same stuff using only own buffs.
It does seem like at new flurry 3 the dps increase is about 4%, no idea how come at flurry2 I saw nothing.

Visually I do see MANY more flurries but I guess that does not translate into much more dps.