Main Menu

Some Later AA effectiveness questions

Started by Dancolen, November 29, 2005, 09:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dancolen

Getting up there on the AA, and decided to link my magelo finally.

Wondering what would be good AA to get, as Persistant Casting hasnt shown much return or I don't notice it.
Healing Adept mastery has a visible return, but its not that much of an increase, was going to do it after persistant casting.
Beastial Alignment was going to be third, but the 72min reuse is...  not exciting.

Any other idea on effectiveness of other AAs such as Critical Affliction(I never dot...)
Delay Death(you lose aggro when you go unconscious right?)
Innate resists
Discordiant Defiance
or other AA...

Know I have almost all of them, but poking around for some ideas.
Raid Elemental Planes, Raid DoN Volkara, Raid High End Luclin, and middle/low OoW names.

Group in DoNs or LDoNs, a rare MPG/RSS, and sometimes DoDH spell missions.

Solo some too, but solo becomes boring in GE or Fire.

Bodegah

I would go ahead and knock out buff slots.  I do not know if you raid alot or not, but if you do any, or have any clicky's to use, buff slots make a huge difference.  I have 21 buff slots now and it is very nice to have slot space rarely ever be an issue.  Healing adept would be my next for you though afterward.  It will directly affect the amount your lifetap does, it may not be a huge increase, but as you get to the high 800 in aa's you just begin to add all the small dps increases that you can.  Feral swipe over priced but it is damage that you can not inflict now. Double riposte is additional dps increase if you are ever hitting from the front of mobs, but I would do it toward the end of your options.  Beastial alignment is like an additional disc for increased damage, but you are right the delay is huge, but once again just more dps you dish out at once if you need/want to.

Hope that helps, but not much else I can see you need to work on.

Dancolen

Have 20 buff slots :)

Discordiant Defiance is the resist cap raise AA.

I dont have a whole lot of aa left, and thats what makes me wonder.
After Beastial, Healing adept, and Persistant Casting.. Im really clueless.

I like Swipe, but its range is just...  sad.

Critical Dots
Resist Cap raised
Innate Resists
Innate Stats
Improved Bind Wound
Double Riposte
Offhand Damage shield avoidance
Delay Death
Innate HP regen
Atk cap raiser(not at atk cap yet)
Hastened Roar(25aa seems alot even now)
Fear Resistance

Those are the ones Ive got left pretty much
Beastial Alignment/Healing Adept/Feral Swipe/Persistant Casting are what Im getting next.

Sorry if I wasnt more clear :)
Was looking for ideas after Healing Adept 8-9, Beastial alignment 2-3, Persistant Casting3

Swipe is the dps choice, but im still very worried about its range.
The rest are what I cant decide on

Dreead

I'm just a bit ahead of you in aa's, but also I raid everyday so they of course will differ.

I love my resists, so i got my resists aa's semi- early on.
I also capped aa regen. But i'm also an iksar and love my regen.

I can';t say for roar of thunder, since i still don't have it. Don't know why, but I don't really care too much about it.

Feral swipe i got early on, becuase another beast told me to get it because of "It rocks so much!"...that was a lie, but I do like it.
I plan to get the delay death lines next, and no you don't lose agro when you go unconsious.

I think that's all i can really suggest, you're at a point where you can get innate first aid, and no one would notice.

Tastian

The one thing about feral swipe is that it was "fixed" once.  When it first went live I could be tanking even BoT mobs and see "out of range".  Now the range is much better and the only reason I see it is if I'm outside of AE ramp range on a bigger model.  If range is your biggest concern I wouldn't let that really turn you off too much.  Yes, it could use some work still.  However, the range is usually only an issue on some mobs, in solo/exp situations I never notice it.

Kanan

Out of the AAs you are listing there, I'd say go for your weakest resists (you're starting to move into areas where the AEs are starting to come down on you) and then regen and then flip a coin/take what interests you.  I'm finally doing the BA line, merely for grins.  I've been forgetting to use it bcs I'd never had it.  Its also just a show toy for the bsts to do (all of us pop at once near end or similar ;p)
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

bham

Primary use for BA: Showing people what the troll warder used to look like......
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Pakratz

I can't help smiling at the various strategies and what's important to everyone.  I'm at about 700 aas and unlike some of the above posters dont have ANY resist aas (never been an issue since i Fero self), dont have Feral swipe (2 dps, click every minute), like roar of thunder (3 dps, instacast once every 15 min), don't have any regen aas.   Guess the bottom line is you have to decide whats important to your style of play

Couple of notes:
- You will love the extra buff slots and wonder how you lived without them.
- If you raid alot you may never use beastial alignment since it grows you to full size when it wears off which is a no-no on raids generally.

Enjoy your old age

Polanski

hastened thunder is pretty good. I didn't like roar much until I got it cut down to 7.5min.
Polanski the Butterscotch Golem
Elephi the Plaid Elephant
Felde the Purple Gorilla
Vivie the Yummy Gummy Gnome
Taie the Gingerbread General
Khallus the Cookie Commissioner

Royal Order of Candy
Fennin Ro

Sharrien

I just finished max buff slots (even managed to fill all 21 in an xp group!) and I'm now working precognition then then probably the melee mitigation lines I haven't done yet.  Avoidance=$$.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Kanan

actually, i think they inserted a shrink fix nowadays.

I noticed it when i got shrunk by a frickin jester and popped my woodie hat on & then clicked off, I still stayed shrunk.  I tried playing with this on other times too, and the shrink stuck (did my own shrinking).

So popping BA doesn't make you go back to full size anymore.  but /shrug... main time to use it anyways would be on a boss mob where u will have enuf time after the kill to click ur shrinky boots again anyways.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

kharthai

That's only if you're jester shrunk.  If you're shrunk by yourself, then hit BA.. you will be full size once it wears off.  At least, that's how it happened 2 secs ago when I did it.  Really wish they'd make it so you stayed whatever size you were pre-cast.

Dummkopf

In a recent patch that was changed and you will stay whatever size you were before you used BA (or any other illusion for that matter).

Essant

Aye, a welcome fix for fighting Zi-Thuuli too
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

jitathab

The atk increasing AA is just eyecandy for eqrankings. The ATK return wont make any real difference in almost all situations to your DPS. Need around 250 ATK once you hit 2k ATK to get about 1-2 dps increase.

Perhaps I am wrong but ATK seems most useful to those classes under 2K when maxed out than us with Fero.