Main Menu

Some Later AA effectiveness questions

Started by Dancolen, November 29, 2005, 09:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

"Need around 250 ATK once you hit 2k ATK to get about 1-2 dps increase."

That's not an accurate statement and I've got some data on fero parses I'm going to be putting up soon.  Remember though that atk works as a % mod and then you are talking absolute.  If someone were doing 10dps before and got a 2dps boost that's a massive 20% increase.  If they were doing 200dps then it's only a 1% increase.  Either way it's really not accurate and hopefully by monday I can have up some of the fero parses I've been doing.  *shrugs*

Tardar

I was watching ESPN the other day, and they did a story about quarterbacks who are habitual finger lickers.  On the sideline, in the locker room, whatever, constantly licking fingers for no reason.

Does anyone think Tastian maybe needs to see someone about his *shrugs* issue?  There are times, when a good *shrugs* is not only welcome, but apporpriate.  I think maybe it's getting out of control though.  I suggest a *shrugs* intervention.

:evil:

<3 Tast......

/derail off

jitathab

As usual I look forward to seeing your parses Tastian. I was going from what I have read previously and in this thread http://www.beastlords.org/forums/index.php?topic=211.0

Chickennuggets

I think he has a *shrugs* hotkey tied to his spacebar.  not his fault... it was late, he was playing around, and now can't remember how to get it off. :-D
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Tastian

It's not that I need less *shrugs* in my life, it's that I need more other stuff.  8P  I use *shrugs* like some people use "dude" or whatever.  It's like that Furry Unique Colored Kind "bunny" that is extremely versitle.

I got some bad news -  *shrugs*  deal and move on...

I got accused of something I didn't do  -  *shrugs*  Wasn't me...

I got accused of something I did do -  *shrugs*  Wasn't me...

Provide 14 hours of parses at the 99% CL knowing that atleast 3 people who don't play the class, never logged a minute of fight data, and don't even know what CL is are going to tell me how wrong I am -  *shrugs*  That's just my opinion, I'm sure you'll think I'm wrong lol

The "habit" I do need to get out of though is biting the palm of my hand lol.  8P  Think it developed during my old fighting game days or something....wait for it.....waaaiiiitttttt for it......*shrugs*  8P

Tardar

LOL.......cracks me up!  You're doing great "bro".  Don't eat yourself, and stick to the *shrugs*, much healthier. 

Tastian

Thread is up in the campfire and I linked it in the enhanced aggression thread, but wanted to come back to....

""Need around 250 ATK once you hit 2k ATK to get about 1-2 dps increase.""

Technically 250atk once you clear 2k atk would add ~3.25%, so you'd have to be doing ~50dps (while having over 2k atk) in order to only see a gain of ~1-2dps.  Mind you the benefits aren't "huge" by any means and I provide a lot of comparisions lol, but it's not "quite" that bad.  8P  At a pretty standard 250(ish)dps at 2k+ atk (talking bst) you'd see about an 8 point dps boost.  *shrugs*

Essant

Quote from: Tastian on December 14, 2005, 06:31:19 PMIt's like that Furry Unique Colored Kind "bunny" that is extremely versitle.

Dude ...
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Chickennuggets

Quote from: Tastian on December 14, 2005, 06:31:19 PM
I got accused of something I didn't do  -  *shrugs*  Wasn't me...

I got accused of something I did do -  *shrugs*  Wasn't me...

Can't stop laughing.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Dancolen

Ding Feral Swipe, Healing adept mastery 2-3, and Persistant Casting 2-3.

Time to get beastial then decide.....

Critical Dots
Resist Cap raised
Innate Resists
Innate Stats
Improved Bind Wound
Double Riposte
Offhand Damage shield avoidance
Delay Death
Innate HP regen
Atk cap raiser(not at atk cap yet)
Hastened Roar(25aa seems alot even now)
Fear Resistance

Kanan

Quote from: Dancolen on December 15, 2005, 03:43:06 PM
Ding Feral Swipe, Healing adept mastery 2-3, and Persistant Casting 2-3.

Time to get beastial then decide.....

10) Critical Dots
3) Resist Cap raised
4) Innate Resists
1) Innate Stats
9) Improved Bind Wound
12) Double Riposte
8) Offhand Damage shield avoidance
5) Delay Death
2) Innate HP regen
7) Atk cap raiser(not at atk cap yet)
6) Hastened Roar(25aa seems alot even now)
11) Fear Resistance

Didn't put em in order, but if I was in your shoes (and i'm not that far ahead of ya ;p) the numbers are the order I'd go.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Tastian

-  Crit dots I literally almost never dot so for me the value is basically 0

-  Resist cap raised in nice in some situations, but how often are you capped on resists as is?  Kinda like the stat or atk or FT cap raisers it only helps if you use the extra

-  Innate resists I maxed as they were cheap and useful at times, you might want to start picking away at them

-  Innate stats, uhhhh I was capped on charisma around god I think lol, Unless you do some fighting naked or have a stat that is lacking the return on this is the same as the return on pet disc 2.  8P

-  Improved bind wound, never use, again chance the return is exactly 0.  Varies by situation

-  Double riposte actually does have a tangible return.  Not massive, not huge, but I solo grind AAs and tank for groups and it atleast does "something" unlike some of these other options

-  Off hand damage shield avoidance I seldom use, but I have.  Very few DS I don't get rid of right away and lots don't have one anyway.  Could have a return, but in a lot of situations, 0

-  Delay death....varies a lot again.  If you solo then the few seconds you get of being unconcious hoping for a regen tick to heal ya back up, or if you are me and have crit healed yourself while unconcious lol, then it does help "some", but not a lot

-  Innate hp regen, I capped it, I'm a regen whore, always have been.  The benefits are small, but with the hp regen + taps most of the places I grind I don't use heals

-  Atk cap raiser...........*shrugs*

-  Hastened roar -  25AA might seem like a lot, but lets look over a list of "return" of the other options:
probably 0, sometimes 0, situationally 0, almost always 0, definitely 0, some occasionally, very seldom anything, once a blue moon something, never notice, but always there, please don't make me shoot you...

Now compare that to:  50% more roars,  a 50% reduction in the reuse time of our only "deaggro" ability.   Sure the cost "seems" high, but you are over 900 AA and look at your other choices, you might not want to pay 25 AA for it, but once you have it you'll be glad you do and you'll atleast be able to notice it.  

-  Fear resistance I like, I got awhile ago.  Without fearless it's not usually easy to tell if it's doing much and in lots of places it does nothing as well, but I was always glad it was there so I could atleast feel like I'd done all I could to help the situation.

*shrugs*  Running out of options man, it's a hard knock life.  8P  

Tastian

Kan  -  Dac has 365 sta/dex/wis unbuffed, 348str unbuffed, over 300 int I think unbuffed lol.  Why would you put innate stats first?

Kanan

bleh.. was thinking stat cap increase.. not those.. bump those to last
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Dancolen

dex is actually low unbuffed

Considered the idea of getting innate dex, but think against it pretty much.
Thanks for the suggestions Tast...
Think I'll go Innate Magic resist, or Hastened Roar.