Main Menu

Some Later AA effectiveness questions

Started by Dancolen, November 29, 2005, 09:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dancolen

Im usually capped on resists at raids with a bard, or when i pop infusion

Oh yeah...  we killed Fennin Ro, our first try few nights ago.
Not bad for Casual family guild.
36 of us, 14 of our alliance guilds.

Rathe Council going to take a few more flagged people than 51... we failed horribly.
Xegony we halfway to making a key.

We do epic 1.5s, VT, Eles/backflagging, DoN progression, greater-glowing rune dropping raid mobs.
Group usually a 12.6k pally, 10k ranger, 10k bard, 8.3k mana cleric, and random 6th.
I buff to 11k on raids, 10.6~ in groups.
Those were all buffed HPs.
Try to raise tradeskills when I can
Trying to finish PoP gate neck quest.
Trying to finish 69.4 hard, and 70.2-70.5
Some DoNs for 1200 crystals or so for augs.
Dont have Fero of I or 70 dot.

That pretty much me in a nut shell.
Btw, I think Im a tank and grab aggro alot :)

So I dunno if any of that would affect your suggestions.
Do I need to improve on my 549 all resists in infusion or is that ok for PoP?

Tastian

"dex is actually low unbuffed"

dex is 324, meant to say agi was 365.  Moot either way as last I checked the extra dex isn't going to add to proc rate, so I'm still not sure what value it would add. 

jitathab

Fenin is the gimp god but it sure felt gerat beatign him the first time so grats :)

We took up to 80 people for TRC and it still took 5 hours :/ it was the most ridiculous event. Though we did have a highly amusing incident when a bard highsunned the wrong mob back to all the others and we got 11 angry councilmen on the raid at once.

Chickennuggets

At a dex of 324 just getting Salik from a chanter will max it... then with Wunshi on top of it the dex will be so far above not impacting procs I dont think it would matter.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Dancolen

Ding Persistant Casting3, healing adept mastery2-3, feral swipe, beastial alignment2-3.

Narrowed it down to these four, which I will be geting next, just unsure of order.
Thinking of going with hastened roar first, then resist cap..... thats the logical choice it would seem.

Resist Cap raised
Innate Resists
Innate HP regen
Hastened Roar(25aa seems alot even now)

hakaaba

So im just curious...from what you said it sounds like theres some point where dex, while still below the cap,  has absolutely no effect.  I would find this weird and wonder if i misread what you said.  :-o

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Animist

Quote from: hakaaba on December 23, 2005, 11:24:21 PM
So im just curious...from what you said it sounds like theres some point where dex, while still below the cap,  has absolutely no effect.  I would find this weird and wonder if i misread what you said.  :-o
Tast was talking about proc rate, and since proc rate is capped at 2/mins (without any AAs) so it is same for those who have 283+.
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro
The web based Beastlords DPS Calculator Thanks to Coprolith the Plumber for all his work!

Tastian

Yeah at 305 or whatever proc rate is capped at the 2 per minute.  That's about what I've seen and what steel warriors seems to agree on.  I had seen some parses putting the rate capped back closer to the 255 mark, but procs are so hard to parse because you need "days" worth of sample sizes to really nail it down. 

At 283base dex even frenzy is going to put you over the 305 soft/hard cap for procs.  Outside of procs I can't think of many other reasons for dex.  *shrugs*

darury

Quote from: Dancolen on December 23, 2005, 10:00:46 PM
Ding Persistant Casting3, healing adept mastery2-3, feral swipe, beastial alignment2-3.

Ok, have to ask, is Persistant Casting worth anything?  I have it on my cleric and have yet to see a single instance where he managed to continue casting thru a stun.  Hell, still get the "your spell is interuppted" just from not turning after running.
The Action Figure Army
Darsacat 70 Beastlord -- Darury 70 Cleric --  Nulyen 70 Druid -- Mjah 70 Magician -- Jumlum 70 Bard

Dancolen

I dont see it much, and I havent seen any kind of message.
However I have noticed spells casting more cleanly, when aoes are going off..... albeit rarely.
times where I thought I shoulda got interrupted, but didnt somehow.
My brain just never attributes it to persistant casting.
I think it works, you just dont get a message, and its not that often.