Main Menu

Which AA is next?

Started by Utqnia, December 13, 2005, 01:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Utqnia

Thanks for the input guys, worked on all the suggestions here so far.

Got IBF finally :)

Now going to finish out Weapons Affinity.  Then perhaps pet affinity.

Also I got some new items, so turned in my old DON stuff (Got RSS Pet focus, so returned my DON one, also traded in one of my weapon augs), and upgraded in a couple places.

First and foremost was my Coldain gloves, I just bought the DON gloves for now until I get them upgraded, and bought 2 +50hp Augs.  That alone upgraded me almost 200hp.  I also got new shoulders and arms.  They are not the best but much needed upgrades.

Drained of crystals, but have about 80k now in the bank.  I am guessing I may need this cash to upgrade my 2box cleric.

Any other suggestions I am open for them.  Going to try and do the DON mentioned above tonight, see how that goes.  Also, I tried camping that IH5 aug in stillmoon but I only got in 4 cycles before raid, and named only popped once.  So I will have to try that again when the cleric is doing DON faction missions for there.

Thanks again for the input, I feel you guys have lead me down the right path :)

Chickennuggets

I wouldn't waste cash on upgrading the cleric if he is healing you fine right now.  The better you make your Beast the less work the cleric will have to do :)  And you will come to a point that you will be able to duo mobs for his upgrades for free.  But I have a biased opinion for making a better Beast   :-D Use that cash to set up a Buyer in bazaar overnight to buy more crystals... on Saryrn the sellers put them around 100 plat each ( a little more on some), but in buyer mode I wake up with stacks for 80 plat each.  A lot of people like to run in and sell fast for cash after a mission to buy something quickly, and don't have the patience to try and sell.  For a while I was buying ebon crystals on buyer for 75, and selling on trader for 115.  Saryrn seems to be mostly good aligned so YMMV.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

hakaaba

Haha im prolly one of the people that sold to you.  Time becomes a bigger factor than conversion rate at a point *shrug*

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Sariss Bloodscale

Interesting.  On Luclin radiants sell in /bazaar consistently for 100 each, but Ebons are 130+ each.   I had assumed that was because fewer people were going evil and thus charging more for rares, but you're saying the opposite is on Saryn. That rate is actually making me reconsider going Dark Reign when I get the expansion, as I undoubtedly see myself buying some crystals.  Eh, I've got a week left to decide, plus time to faction.

Chickennuggets

No that is actually correct... it's just that in buyer mode you can "take advantage" for lack of a better term of people with crystals needing quick cash.  Radiants are more available since most people seem to be good aligned driving the price down... the ebons, less available go up.  You will be able to buy both for significantly cheaper as a buyer as opposed to buying from a trader though.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Utqnia

Hey all, back with some more questions...

I read back over my post made almost exactly one month ago, I have made some great progress since then.

I went through IBF, WA5, WardersFury3  and Pet Affinity.  I am in total increase DPS mode and it seems my rate of return is starting to diminish.  Please glance at my magelo to help me with what should be next, I want strictly DPS unless there is something just glaring.

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1258820

I have completed my epic 1.5, added 2 Lifetaps to it, I got a new offhand and added a lifetap to that as well.

I am still looking to upgrade some slots, but almost all my gear has been upgraded since that post as well.  Sitting at 6700 unbuffed currently.

I am not sure which AA to go for next...  Here are some of my thoughts

Spell Casting Fury3  6AA
Planar Power5 4AA
WardersFury5  6AA

I am not sure on these really, and would love some more input. 

Also, I got the Cleric to level 70, and did some MM with him to get him some AA's.  He is coming along nicely and has gotten several upgrades through DOD missions.

Anyway, any info on where to go with my AA's for max dps would be appreciated.

Kanan

I'd finish off the Planar Power line.  I do see that you aren't hitting cap on all stats unbuffed yet, but it looks like you're getting time+ gear soon, so you'll be hitting that soonish as well.

Get sinister strikes too.  I wanna say that's a flat 3 dps upgrade for the offhand (I remember that number from somewhere, but that may have been a specific example).

Personally, I like maxed out stats, so doing chaotic potential ain't that bad an idea.  It's an "always helps" aa vs "chance to help" aa.

If you're tanking much, slippery attacks will help your dps a lil, and help your anti-dps decently too (fewer ripostes)

Veteran's wrath is decent dps upgrade too.  Moreso than I'd thot when I was first looking at it ><
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Tiroon

Quote from: Kanan on January 19, 2006, 04:07:28 PM
Get sinister strikes too.  I wanna say that's a flat 3 dps upgrade for the offhand (I remember that number from somewhere, but that may have been a specific example).

Could it be you're thinking of this post? The number cannot be correct anymore as it was given as an absolute number before we got IBF. The DPS to cost ratio is off for the same reason plus the post was made when the ability still cost 15 AA.

Sinister Strikes was pretty much the first AA I bought after hitting 65. Love it!  :-D
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Tastian

Sinister is a great AA for us.  The calc modifies the new price, but doesn't check your rank of BF since the gains are pretty small per extra rank in terms of what it adds.  Also sinster isn't exact because of the delays used to modify the DB for the OH.  It's almost impossible to perfectly classify it without getting a lot more information, however, it's one of those AAs that falls in a spot so that it is almost never close to another AA so the difference doesn't really weigh into it. 

As for stats I just loath them in terms of boosting dps.  There's a hard cap on dex helping procs at 305(ish) as I recall from last testing, each point of str is only good for ~0.9atk last I checked(and we know how great atk is later on), the agi does nothing, the sta has diminished returns over the cap, but still doesn't help dps, etc.  As an overall AA it hits many stats and as kan said is perma as long as you have the gear/buffs always on so it's used, but in terms of cost to benefit it's so bad that I didn't even bother including it in the calculations with other AAs. 

Kanan

heh.. i'll admit to not thinking about them on a dps level... i just like having the stats up there for survivability mainly.

dps at bind = 0 ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Tastian

"Please glance at my magelo to help me with what should be next, I want strictly DPS unless there is something just glaring. "

8P 

And my dps at bind is pretty high because I farm bat wings and pull down 100+ dps with feral swipe then.  /sigh