Main Menu

CA, CS or Warders Alacrity?

Started by Aslann, January 10, 2006, 12:41:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aslann

I always get great info here so ty in advance. Should I go back and get CS or CA OR should I go after a couple levels of Warders Alacrity? Magelo listed but not completely uptodate.

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1248817

Elder Aslann Snowpawz
68 Vah Shir
Hunting mate: Whiskers
Cazic (Brell)

shenk

If you want the most bang for your buck, i'd get Beastial Frenzy 1-5 before getting any of the ones you listed.

Based on the ones you listed, I would say it really depends on your paly style.  If you group 100% of the time and don't pull aggro when slowing, work on DPS aa.  If you solo or tank in groups, defensives will help.

As far as defensives, I'd get CA1, CS1, ND1, PE, CA2-3, CS2-3, ND2-3.

Chickennuggets

I would suggest working on Warder last.  You will see and feel better returns on yourself first.  AS far as which to get... depends on your normal role while playing like Shenk said.  Defensives get ND, PE, and CA... I was under the impression that CS doesn't do all the much for us being an avoidance class, being something to get, but down the line a little... could be wrong though.  BF 1- 5, IBF 1- 5, WA 1- 5, ambi, SS will be huge boosts to your dps.  If you find yourslef playing shammy then I might suggest 1 or 2 levels of MC, and maybe buff extension, if you solo a lot alternate between defensive and offensive but a whole group at a time... BF 1- 5 in a shot, then move on for example, but thats only my preference.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Tiroon

YMMV but this is the way I'd go:

First: If you have Omens consider Mnemonic Retention. I simply love the added spell gem and 3 points is not too much.

Second/Third: Bestial Frenzy and Combat Agility. Which one first depends what you need more, DPS or defenses to keep going without much downtime. Max out avoidance with Lightning Reflexes before going near mitigation (CS/ID). Forget the suggested IBF for the moment. It requires level 66 if I am not very much mistaken.

Fourth: Ambidexterity is at 65 the second best deal in terms of DPS for AA you can get.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Kenusten

If you tank a lot, go CA 3 and LR 5.  I tank with a shaman healer (has all the healing aas), he noticed that his healing went farther as I was working on that line.

Kanan

the other facet of Beastial Frenzy that will matter a lot:  you will find your agro more solid if u get Beastial Frenzy capped on out.  This is bcs you are getting that add'l agro from the add'l swings the DA has given you.

so:  Beastial frenzy 5 & then the line of aas that shenk posted is prolly your most efficient path to effectiveness.

And in general: as a bst, you are an avoidance class... go for avoidance AAs over mitigation AAs.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Aslann

Thanks all especially Shenk. Sorry my magelo not uptodateon aa's, I have BF1-5, max ext enh, ambi, and a couple others. I will probably follow Shenk's plan. 1 question however, why wouldnt I want to go CA1-3 since level 3 is a 5% gain?
Elder Aslann Snowpawz
68 Vah Shir
Hunting mate: Whiskers
Cazic (Brell)

shenk

CA,CS,ND all progress as follows.  2%, 5%, 10%.  So you are correct that level 3 is a 5% gain in avoidance.

Getting CA1-3, CS1, ND1, PE, CS2-3, ND2-3 is also a way to go and probably won't see much difference between either path.

The reasoning behind getting level 1 of each ability is that you will eventually be getting them all.  If you have level 1 of CS,CA,ND, when you buy PE for 5AA, you'll see a 2% return in Avoidance with the benefit of helping the other 2 aa's.  Whereas, level 2 CA costs 4AA and you'll only be seeing a 3% in avoidance.

Total aa's for level 1 CS,CA,ND and PE is 11, maxing CA first is 12

But as you said, level 3 is a 5% gain, so I would definately finish up you defensives in the archetype tab before getting LR in PoP

Bibble

CS and ID are a complete waste of points, imo. I have CS maxed, PE, and ID2, and I notice 0 difference. I still get maxxed a lot, and their description is very misleading if not a blantant lie. For instance, if the mobs max hit is 540, you will still get hit for 540 not 486. I was very upset when I found this out(getting 12AA use to be difficult), and this actually led me to leave the game for quite some time.
Predator Bibble Bipp - 70 - Beastlord - Maelin Starpyre(vazaelle)

Taiglin

I think with even ID5 (5 levels?) you can still get hit for max - it just isn't as often. The end result is a smoother damage curve v one with more spikes. That said I believe our class gets more return out of CA/LR then CS/ID and many do the LR route, some other AAs, and then come back to ID at some point depending on how much they tank and whatnot.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]