Main Menu

new beastial aliment changes on lucy!!

Started by priimal, January 13, 2004, 07:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhaynne

QuoteSoE knows this is something we have all wanted for a long time.

Not all of us.  I think an illusion makes absolutely no sense at all and is one of the more rediculous requests that have been made over the years.  I was hoping we'd never see this or tracking.

Ukator Iceblood

I will have interest in this if it can stack with Fero. If it doesnt it will go down on my list.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Grymlok

It is better than fero, and right now, it is a targetable ability, not self-only, which is interesting.

The Berserker: Foecussed

bugman

as if the tells to shrink my bear every raid werent enough now i to get to a) be as hugely annoying as my "shrunken" bear and b) get to return to a huge arse ogre when the illusion wears meaning more people are annoyed or more of my time is wasted shrinking myself. yay.... not
~Bugman - Venril Sathir

ShaitynAB

QuoteWill Illusion: Bear remove my ability to slam?

I can't speak for this AA ability but yes, you lose the ability to slam as a shaman when in bear form.
Shaityn Stormweaver
65 Ogre Feral Lord
The Insane-Antonius Bayle
My Magelo
The Beastlords Den-Home of Everquest Beastlords

Murkk Dakruul

Lucy update: changed target from "single" to "self". :(

Oh well, not really shocking.
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

Grymlok

The Berserker: Foecussed

Tiguere

I would anyone, anyone at all, not want something added to their class? illusion, track, anything..... oh i understand, it takes me 1000 mana and 45 minutes to cast shrink on myself, I get it now. Some people get annoyed cause me or my warder are too big? well too bad.

Shere Khaan

Well illusion has now gone in for the all the aa's. Given that all the levels are the same it must be a reuse timer or duration that sets them apart.

Shere Khaan

Morganti

or there still not finished with the tweaking?

~D~

Rhaynne

QuoteI would anyone, anyone at all, not want something added to their class? illusion, track, anything..... oh i understand, it takes me 1000 mana and 45 minutes to cast shrink on myself, I get it now. Some people get annoyed cause me or my warder are too big? well too bad.

Some of us actually like the lore and basic foundation our class was created on and don't think it is necessary to add features that don't fit that concept.

Moreover, some of us also have consideration for the people we play with.  I don't care how long or how much mana it takes to shrink: if it makes gameplay better for my friends and guildmates, then it's something that needs to be addressed.  Just because you're obviously concerned more about your own experience than the experience of the people you play with doesn't mean the rest of us are that inconsiderate.

Seboa

I don't think its too far from lore to have an illusion for beasts.  We spend a lot of time with our warders and with animals in general.  We are lords of all beasts, not just our warders, hence why we get the same animal faction as rangers and druids.  We summon Spirits of animals to empower (stat boost) others and ourselves, this is just a more powerful imbuieing of animal spirit, so much so that it turns us into the animal.

Besides, if the lore can't be expanded how can they add any new abilities that aren't just slightly more powerful rehases of others?  

-Seboa

Urim

The illusion part of this AA is just a toy, and an annoying toy at that. You might not mind not being shrunk when this toy wears off but for those of us who pretty much are continually shrunk on raids it becomes extremely bothersome to have to reshrink all the time. The illusion part of this AA will probably keep me from purchasing it until i have pretty much nothing left to purchase and then ill still only use it in exp groups.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Tastian

The illusion is one the main reasons a lot of people will buy it.  The bottom line is not every spell/aa is going to be for every person in every situation.  Some AA's are great (bf/ca/scr/etc) and most will buy asap and wish they could get sooner.  

Protection of calliav, Group infusion, and a bunch of other AA/spells are things that are "nice", things that some really want, things that are great here and there, and totally useless in other peoples eyes.  Personally I think that's great.  If you having to shrink is too much of a hassle for you then of course don't use it on a raid for the slightly better stats atm or whatever.  For those people that would have spent 3(ish) AA just for illusion scalewolf/blackwolf/etc this is great.  I honestly can't put an AA cost, adventure win # or whatever for what I'd give for my pet to look like he did before they changed DPoC again.  

If it isn't for you then don't buy, the AA is far from useless and is *VERY* much in demand from other beastlords.  Just like group infusion, just like protection and many other things in this game it's not for everyone though.  *shrugs* have fun I need sleep hehe.

Coprolith

/agree Tastian

Since we still don't know what the re-use time and duration of this skill will be there's no point in arguing on whether or not this skill is merely a toy anyway

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)