Main Menu

Pet Affinity, where did you put it?

Started by Boister, August 02, 2006, 08:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boister

Pet Affinity look like a great AA, Pargon/SD/SV and buff/group heal will hit pet.  Where will you put it in order of priority?

I am close to get paragon and PA look like a decent option to get next.  What you guy's think???
Boister, 75 Beastlord, Nameless
Boister

Ikkorus

For a raider its a must definatly one of the most important pet AA's.  For people who solo its not that high up since the only buffs thatw ill be hitting it will be your SV and SA.

Taiglin

Yeah depends on play style and what you have already. If you aren't a raider I wouldn't put it as high as some of the other things out there unless maybe you are always grouping with a bard. I think I got mine about 300+/- range. It is rare for my pet to really get beat on unless there are multiple mobs in camp and they get spread out a bit because of melee push. It is nice for group heals and such when there is an AE. I would hazard a guess that most mages would put it higher on the list then your typical Bst; who would put it higher on their list then the typical necro. For most non raiders you would get more bang for your buck from a pet focus item then getting PA (granted that is apples and oranges).

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Tiroon

Chiming in with Taiglin here. I bought Pet Affinity somewhere in the high 300 AA area but I like it well enough to say you might want to find room somewhere in the 200's provided you get buffed through MGB's often.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Spiritclaw

Even without MBG buffs you are looking at saving mana/buffing time with SV and SA.  In a group situations with a necro he will also get atk/ac/hp debuff recourse effects, grouped with mage, get DS, with healers, group heals, etc.  I think I got mine in mid 100's (been a while, up to 700+)
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

iamweaver

I know this thread is oldish but:  With all the AEs that grouped MOBs toss out nowadays, having Pet Affinity is very valuable for those group heals, Radiant Cures, HoTs, etc. I would consider getting it fairly early on.  The mana spent keeping your warder alive could be much better used popping a DoDh pet, or other DPS abilities.
Wildblood Lupic Wulfsib:  Member of Memento Reejeryn, The Seventh Hammer (Lanys T'Vyl)
Sugar Daddy: Berrew, Archon of Brell Serilis

Phumog

PA.....Whats that?? Finaly breaking 200 ish AA's ands still do not have it. Granted I only raid 3-4 times a month. Looking at your magelo IMO I would go with Pet Hold AA and suspended and persistant minion first. As well as a couple others.

Oh and the first rank of Pet Focus.

Shieara

Pet affinity is nice, especially if you are raiding.  I want to say I got it around the 250 mark.

However, looking at your magelo, I'd get Bestial Frenzy 1-5 and several other basic dps/tank aa before I even looked at pet affinity.  It's all up to how you want to play though.

Boister

I finally get my PA around 60-70, i don't regret it.  I don't solo much more now, it save alot of time for buff, heal or remove debuff on pet.  All spell/aura/effect are on pet now, so it increase his dps... maybe not by much but its always nice.

For me PA worth it, now i have finish my avoidance completly, i will need to look for more utilities/dps AA =D.
Boister, 75 Beastlord, Nameless
Boister

dainfrol

I'm looking at buying it really soon.  Now with the group Panther it will be a big upgrade for pet DPS.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Wynema

I've also seen some situations where other classes will flat out refuse to buff a pet individually.  PA is very nice,  your shamans will appreciate it especially in raid situations.
Wildcaller Wynema Wildeharte and Phideaux
Bhur Gcairde The Tribunal
Wildehartes can't be broken

dainfrol

PA is really nice now with the group cast of Panther that SHM get now.  Well that is if you want your pet to have yet another proc.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Khauruk

I finally bought Pet Affinity, which popped me over 600AAs.  Man, I really wish I had bought that later.  The lack of buffs on the pet never bothered me...it's the group/wave heals hitting them now that's seriously cool for raiding.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Phumog

I finaly picked mine up. Mainly because its so hard for me to bank anymore then 5AA at a time lol. Gettgin it put me over 260AA.

Et^Cetera

Picked mine up today at 192 (AA count pre purchase) now 204. I am mainly a 2-boxer and occasional grouper. Rarely Raid.

Not sure how great its going to be in real terms, but handy to catch MGB convictions in POK. And the times I do group (not a huge amount) there is usually a bard in group so spot catches those songs too.

Any good for me? dunno yet.
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.