Main Menu

Pet Affinity, where did you put it?

Started by Boister, August 02, 2006, 08:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hzark Drakyr

I just came back after 3 years out of EQ. My Pet Affinity AA was refunded. Why?

Khauruk

Not a clue...very weird though.  Did you get the AA points back?
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Maylian

I don't know if you bought it at the original AA cost but they changed it eventually and so you may have been refunded it completely so you can then buy the cheaper AA. Although that is just a guess....

Hzark Drakyr

Quote from: Maylian on November 01, 2007, 01:04:42 PM
I don't know if you bought it at the original AA cost but they changed it eventually and so you may have been refunded it completely so you can then buy the cheaper AA. Although that is just a guess....

That sounds about right to me, thanks. Wish I had realised  before I used a lot of my refunded AAs on Planar Power to avoid losing them before I zoned. (After 3 years camped in Riftseeker's Sanctum). Hopefully I have enough left to get Pet Affinity again.

How did they nerf it then?

Khauruk

Sounds like they simply reduced the cost...must've been a ways before I started buying AAs, since I don't recall that at all.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Maylian

Aye, no nerf just reduced the AA cost for it since when GoD was first released AA's cost was extremely expensive and they reviewed it after a while and lowered them.

Nusa

Aye, Pet Affinity used to cost 20 AA, which is the price I bought it at. When they reduced the price to 12AA, 8AA got refunded at the time.

Also, Channelling Focus went away entirely and any AA spent on that was refunded. 12AA if you had all three.

Kenusten

I raided and got mine within the 50-100 aa range.  Next to pet hold and focus, it is the best AA for raiding.  I went from having to heal my pet so much that sometimes I had to let it die, to hardly having to heal my pet at all.  The raid AoEs are brutal.  Getting the raid buffs is pretty big.    Getting the mgb and group heals is huge.  I did get paragon and mgb first though, because that was one of my raid roles.