Main Menu

Do beastlords actually use Bestial Empathy?

Started by Tulisin, November 22, 2006, 02:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tulisin

I was making this thread here and I just began to wonder. Do beastlords often use their DoD secondary pet? I'm just asking because I don't see it very often. Is it inefficient or something?

Saniiro

Yes, I chain it as it pops during most raid fights.
Saniiro -- 75 Beastlord of Stromm <Final Door>

Saniiro's magelo

Moogasourus

I use it all the time myself.  I just was playing with parsing last raid against Shyra.  Pinned against wall raid mob thats just all out DPS burn for 5 mins.  Well this fight went 5.50 mins long and I parsed 584 DPS. my warder 190 DPS and BE pet 100.7 DPS.  Thats chain casting the EP pet for the entire fight.

Another guildie parsed the raid as well and  while his numbers werent identical to mine... (had me at 573 ....warder 136 and EP pet 115)  EP pet still dishing out decent damage on both parses.

Khauruk

I use it instead of nukes any time the fight will last more than 20 seconds.  It's amazingly mana-efficient, unresistable damage.  It rocks.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Nusa

Yes, BE gets used constantly in burn situations...and it's usually a better damage/mana ratio than our nukes.

Rilelil

Use it all the time in raid and group content BE pet is nice no agro boost to dps where our nukes/ rake/ jaggedclaw can bring sometimes unwanted agro.

Phumog

If I had mine I would spam the hell out of it. What I get for taking time off of EQ and comming back when it seems everyone is done with the spell missions and want nothing to do with them any longer.

This is from the lvl 68 series correct?

I wasted time getting the TSS dog whistle....such a GIANT waste of time when you compair difficulty to reward....guess it would have been easier with the right group but what ever.

jitathab

Always use it on raids, but less so in groups apart from on LoD burns, and always on soloing now. When soloing can use it to build agro, then i slow it.

hokarz

Savage Lord Hokarz

mogtoth1

Yep, used as often as i can and as often as I remember it. I try to save it for named mobs on raids though
Tails high and walk away with pride

Mogtoth Venomclaw
75 Beastlord
Clan nan Dreolan - Prexus

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1087128

Kroshx

BE pet is a wonderful device, more so when you get the DPoB item to reduce mana by 25%. Of course, I don't have it, yet, but I'm looking forward to owning it. $$
Wildblood Kroshx - 75 - Beastlord - Drinal

Taiglin

Our BE pet mana cost is no where near what RS costs mana wise so it is used most often as a nuke (or replacing a nuke gem slot) and I think is cast upon refresh typically. I believe you are a, or mostly a, non raider. If in your grouping you haven't seen Bsts use this pet/spell it is because of the 68.3 boss "hurtle" that has been such that non-raiding folks/guilds weren't able to complete the arc. My guess is once the bulk of players hit 75 you will see more and more Bsts use this spell.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Kenusten

Yup, I use it all the time in groups and on raids where there isn't a danger of the pet going to the wrong mob.  Taiglin stole the point I was going to make.  A fair number of BL seem to not have it because the 68.3 boss is very hard.

Gatorr

I use BE all the time if I am solo'n grouping, or raiding he is almost always out.  I just checked my logs (which I haven't deleted in a long time) and my BE pet did 2,656,801 damage in 5 hours of use with a 147 DPS with Anguish focus and all pet aa's except for the new TSS stuff.

Pakratz

BE pet was a serious stroke of genius.  It's filled alot of our needs - more dps, less aggro, plus a coolness factor.  I've used it as a stopgap tank to give me time to run to zone or whatever.  Kudos to the devs or whoever thought of it.

About the only drawback is that it doesn't scale real well.  It does use our AAs and pet foci (I guestimate each foci level adds 8 dps or so to this pet along with 2 dps to our warder), but I imagine we'll need an upgrade at some point.