Main Menu

Do beastlords actually use Bestial Empathy?

Started by Tulisin, November 22, 2006, 02:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakaaba

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Shamno

If the beastlord isn't using it they aren't DPSing.

It is one of our top 2 spells.

Kroshx

Wildblood Kroshx - 75 - Beastlord - Drinal

Akiah

I cast BE about 100x more often than all my other spells combined. One of the best things to happen to BST's in many, many expansions.

jitathab

Has anyone actually parsed the latest pet focii on the BE pet, the raw data shows a minimum level of 71 for the focii.

hokarz

Someone just posted on SOE's forums that the new TSS focus' are a minimum level of 71 so our BE pet is unfocused unless we are using an older pet focus, in addition to the new focus. Not that I'll probably ever see the new focus :p
Savage Lord Hokarz

Tastian

All the more reason they need to give us an upgrade to BE at 75~!!  8P

Kroshx

That'd be crazy. It was hard enough getting the first one, I couldn't imagine being able to get the second short of a mini-raid.

Saab

As has been said, HELL YES I use it. Always, 99% of all situations. I Love it! unresistable dmg, no buffing it, no healing it, just freakin chain it! Great range dmg too. There is generally not a darn thing negative about it...well...other than this one time

Triis Swallows, DP.I tried to sneak a second cast of it in during the burn, it lingered, and dps'd when it wasn't supposed.../rs "SABB...PET HOLD...PET HOLD...grumble grumble "
Looks around.../rs err..*shifty eyes*  guys..I have zero control of that pet once cast =/

heh.  yes. The dod pet is the best damned thing they have done ofr us in a long time. And dbl atk. But bump the skill pls   :evil:

Kdor

Kroshx

I don't bother casting Slow unless I'm in a group as slower, raiding when we lack shamans/chanters, or taking on something angry. I use it to pull, but that doesn't count.

Kanan

it is my single most cast spell, period.  I nuke less than I cast this.

At the present moment, as you're observing in your eqforums post, getting the TSS focus will actually be a detriment vs the DP focus, bcs the BE pet would not be affected by the TSS focus, and therefore the DP focus actually affecting it makes the TSS one a waste and detriment.  Since a change in the focus is highly unlikely to be forthcoming, both magi & bsts need an upgrade at 75 (mebbe 74 for magi.. I've honestly not looked to see where it would be more appropriate) to their single swarm pet spells.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Kitathia

Alot! I'd rather cast BE non-stop, then waste mana on our lousy icenukes which are resisted WAY to much!  I was lucky enough to be able to do the 68.1 thru 68.5 with a bunch of people who was running thru then for their alts.

On raids I use it everytime it pops. And it rocks for duels too  :wink:

I believe mages got a similar "short-burst" DOD pet for 68 missions - but THOSE I have yet to see in groups/raids.

Now I just wanna get the pet-proc Savage Platinum Claws from Fire and I can have 3 *pets* at the same time!! oh joy! *chuckle*

KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

Taiglin

Mages get it with the 70 arc actually and from what I read it is a beast. My mage longs for it like my Bst longs for the 68 arc one.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Kanan

Quote from: Kitathia on December 05, 2006, 06:17:09 PM

Now I just wanna get the pet-proc Savage Platinum Claws from Fire and I can have 3 *pets* at the same time!! oh joy! *chuckle*

My dream is to get sufficient CE to be able to have up 3 of the fist pets.  Think 2 was most I'd ever had up before ;p  Tho, I've not really used the spf in a long time either.  Heh.. those were so much fun ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar