Main Menu

Mnemonic Retention

Started by Babybst, April 24, 2007, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybst

How important is Mnemonic Retention when FIRST starting AAs at level 56?
Thank  :-)
Babycat
The Rathe(KARANA) server
Level 72

Inphared

It's how you like to play. If you're really hurting for a ninth spell slot, go for it. If not, buy something else. I personally would wait.

sicshift

350 some odd aas and i still dont have it...

Spiritclaw

I got it when I got BE pet.  It was a free slot for a permantly memmed spell
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

Babybst

so good to wait until level 68 ?
I am doing straight 100% AA right now.
Have applied the first 6 and now could use good advice on the next 12 for Arch
Thanks again all :-)
Babycat
The Rathe(KARANA) server
Level 72

sicshift

Quote from: Babybst on April 24, 2007, 06:40:12 PM
so good to wait until level 68 ?
I am doing straight 100% AA right now.
Have applied the first 6 and now could use good advice on the next 12 for Arch
Thanks again all :-)

SCR...that damn short pet haste duration always pained me...and regen and what not as well

Khauruk

Quote from: Babybst on April 24, 2007, 04:24:10 PM
How important is Mnemonic Retention when FIRST starting AAs at level 56?

I'd wait for a while.  I never made too much use for it until I got the werewolf pet (lvl68), and still wanted to keep up 4 or so nukes for raiding.  Still useful grouping, but I'd definitely not bother.

SCR is awesome, and you can't go wrong with either the defensive or offensive lines in archetype either...they're great bang for the buck.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Shieara

I ended up getting it pretty early, because there was some spell I was always shuffling in.  I wasn't disappointed.  It's all on your playstyle though.  If you find yourself thinking "man, I wish I had another slot so I could load spell x", then it's a good buy.  It's not essential though.

jitathab

I find it very useful, it means i can always keep a combo ofinvis/haste/slow/levi/panther/FoL/sow memmed along with nukes and BE pet depending on situation.
Helps me most in solo play, least in group.

Denti

Don't think i could really do without it, as it is im still shuffling spellgems around quite a lot, however the 9th gem really helped me quite a lot. My cleric twink got it as soon as she could get it too, just love to have one more spell available. Still, pure melees have it much better, they can have all discs on their hotbuttons and therefore direct access to all of them, especially with a good key binding and 4 usable hotbars.

JillieMT

Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Babybst

Looks like most of the good AAs are for level 59+
I did 6 in General then 12 in Arch now not sure if I should level to 59 then go back to AAs or what...they sure do go fast at 56.
Babycat
The Rathe(KARANA) server
Level 72

Lilkitten

well i personally held off on AAs until level 70, so now i am a level 71 w/ 66 AAs....darn new guild requirements makin me do AAs  :-P

Kitathia

Babybst do it at your own pace. I do think at 56 AA's come real fast ( I'm AA'ing the crap out of my 57 shm atm). I would suggest that you get some of the more basic AA's put of the way now cause you will not regret it. I stopped AA'ing around 65 til I hit 70 due to guild requirements. Then I went AA till TSS game out. Biggest reason I worked towards 75 was the fact that I had no 70 levels and I wanted a new pet & SE.

If the people you play with the most are pushing for levels it might not be a bad idea for you to follow suit, just remember you can save up 30 AA. I have never been able to do that myself though LOL.

Oh yeah I got Mnemonic Retention around 71.... wish I had gotten it a little earlier. I do have 4 spell sets saved -which helps a lot to.

Best of luck
KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

kayisiss

Quote from: Kitathia on May 30, 2007, 01:50:58 PM
If the people you play with the most are pushing for levels it might not be a bad idea for you to follow suit, just remember you can save up 30 AA. I have never been able to do that myself though LOL.
Yeah I'd just bank 30 and get to 60 because then its like christmas.