Main Menu

New Beastlord AA Discussion

Started by Swampfunk, June 22, 2007, 04:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khauruk

Quote from: Pindol on June 24, 2007, 05:37:18 PM
Quote- They won't give us Auto pet hold because of the aforementioned post above about wanting pets to require thinking.

Well....I agree with them for levels 1-79. When I am at level 80 with loads of AAs as prereqs...why not make it available? I guess they prefer making lousy upgrades like paragon line or create crappy AAs like Taste of Blood. It's time to push Nodyin to make something fun and usefull.

What happens at lvl80 to change their minds?
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Khauruk

Quote from: Xacer on June 25, 2007, 06:59:42 PM
The only way i see them fixed fero is to make it an aura...ive seen aura of ferocity on lucy so i assumed its close.

Triple atk would be great to improve our dps for raid purposes.

Triple attack would be a bad thing for us relatively speaking.  With more double attack, we get more benefit from worn Ferocity effects - there is nothing like taht for triple attack currently.  If they do add something like that, it'll just give one more focus to get on top of the 20 others we need.  Bad idea.

As far as offensive ferocity, we need to wait until beta to see how Rashere's mob AC changes affect melee dps.  I think it's going to be a pretty drastic change, frankly - they're making up for 10 expansions worth of NPC AC stagnation.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Khauruk

Quote from: sicshift on June 24, 2007, 05:55:46 PM
how bout an AA that will allow you to see the aggro list of the current mob?

Won't happen /shrug.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Pindol

God thanks Khauruk is not our new CC, lol...Devs DO change their minds (bard's melody, Triple attack a skill, "Devs digging into old code" in regards to push issues, etc).
The idea of this tread is to be creative and see what happens next.
Triple attack is not really a bad idea. Just change Ferocity code so it effects double and triple attack...boom, no need for another focus. Aggro list is an interesting idea and can be used in some way in the game....oh and new pet focus? please read the top.

Swampfunk

great feedback here... I'll be compiling a list of the suggestions over the next week... nodyin and I will chat over the upcoming AA lists...

things on my list soo far:
group haste
reduce timer for bestial alignment
reduce timers in general
consider more utility with paragon (cures, greater effects)
Upgrades to the AA attacks (ragged claws...)
SCRM... (long shot)

Some other stuff to consider, take a look at monk and shaman abilities in the lvl 65-70 range... see if any of those abilities could be converted over to a more beastlord type of AA... personally, I'd like to see more utility releated beastlord stuff...  WITHOUT the pet req's lol (no more pet buffs!)

I was going to suggest adding an insta cast Pet rune similar to Mammoth Hide guard... same idea as pet mend, but instead it just absorbs X hits... or heck, it could be a similar effect to the 9th Vet Reward...

Great feedback soo far... oh and no need to thank me, I'm just lending a hand... gotta protect the Gator of the funks...

hehe..

as far as tripple attack... personally I think tripple attack will be on enough discs for melee in the future that we might wanna avoid it.  there is a field called "add attack" which is a coded chance for an extra swing to the main hand.    I'd like to see that added to ferocity!! (5% chance to add attack!! that's ferocitiy!)..

Bored at Work? Look>-> **NEW** Website: http://mypage.iu.edu/~jweakley<--- CLICK!!
Swampfunk - 75 Berserker of Momentum

Gatorfunk - 75 Beastlord

maxawesome

I might be alone in this, but can we get some more aa's that I can purchase on my way up to level 80?

I might actually purchase the expansion if it contained at least SOME content for 60-70. I don't have and will probably never buy TBS for this very reason. I'm almost done purchasing all the archtype and class aa's worth a damn, and probably 50+ from the PoP aa's, but honestly, can't they give us anything besides an extra spell slot and more potion slots for pre-70?

Some of us play the game for enjoyment, not for uber raiding or level grinding....

I enjoy playing at level 65 because in the same time played I can gain more power and have more fun exploring on my own than I would at higher levels in group content.

I think that vacuum noise that WoW left in EQ was from all the casual gamers who wanted to be able to play for 1 hour a day and feel like they really a) had fun, and b) accomplished things.

TSS is a good step in the right direction content wise, as the quests are actually pretty fun without being ultra-cryptic, broken, or just plain lame, but still....where's my chance to advance my character once I've bought the current aa's? They were designed how long ago? This game has changed so much that it is almost pointless to purchase some aa's.

My request is this, distilled:

Add 2 new useful class-specific aa's that can be purchased from 60+. If that occurs, I will definitely buy the expansion.

Ok, you may now turn your flame throwers on and blast away.

Khauruk

Quote from: Pindol on June 26, 2007, 04:45:51 PM
God thanks Khauruk is not our new CC
8-)

Quote, lol...Devs DO change their minds (bard's melody, Triple attack a skill, "Devs digging into old code" in regards to push issues, etc).
The idea of this tread is to be creative and see what happens next.
Triple attack is not really a bad idea. Just change Ferocity code so it effects double and triple attack...boom, no need for another focus. Aggro list is an interesting idea and can be used in some way in the game....oh and new pet focus? please read the top.

Push - it's something Rashere has been hoping to do for 6mos - 1yr, not a mind-change.  It's awesome that he finally got around to looking at it, too bad it's such a kludged together 'fix.'  Oh well...very limited coding time available.

Triple Attack - I believe this is also something they've been looking at doing for a while.

Ferocity - Call me a cynic, but I don't see this happening on anything shy of Ferocity VIII, frankly.

Viewable agro list - It'll never happen.  You're not supposed to know just where your agro is relative to the tank - and talk about removing immersion from the game.  I can also see how this could be abused readily w/ macroquest, etc,....

Pet hold/focus/whatever you wanna call it - vetoed repeatedly by the devs already /shrug.  Some things they'll change their mind on, but I dont see it here.

Khauruk as CC - if I had the time, and it was offered, I'd love to try it.  Just because I don't agree w/ lots of ideas out there, doesn't mean I wouldn't pass them on and/or try to advocate for them if they're a strong community desire.  See Frodlin for an example of an (imo) effective CC that disagrees w/ huge portions of his class community.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Khauruk

Quote from: maxawesome on June 26, 2007, 05:04:35 PM
I might be alone in this, but can we get some more aa's that I can purchase on my way up to level 80?

Add 2 new useful class-specific aa's that can be purchased from 60+. If that occurs, I will definitely buy the expansion.

Ok, you may now turn your flame throwers on and blast away.

I'd love to see this for all classes!
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Damim

From the monk line I could stand to see either a long reuse no fail FD or a minimal skill in FD (aggro issues are gone with the latter, unless it fails all the time).  Here is another idea...

From the shaman line, maybe a HoT for our pets, and radiant cure would be nice.

Split up Paragon.  Make it two different aa's.  One aa will be a nice heal over time that is mgb'able (50% stronger than the heal component is now) and the other is a mana regen (say twice the regen that paragon is now) that is mgb'able.  Put them on the same timer.  We will have to choose which is more beneficial, mana or hp.

Pindol

Ok, keep thinking....
Paragon Line"
7/7/7 - each rank increases the benefits by 10% and duration by 1 per tic...so, for 21 AAs we get 30% more powerful AS and it lasts 18 more secs.
MGB reuse timer decrease AAs:
7/7/7/- 10% each rank

Spell idea:
New SV with added Endurance component...make it competitive with BSG rather than continue to be useless on raids. Devs hate the idea of END regen, so make them create the spell which gives more END and HPS....let's say Rk.1; increases HPs and END by 500, RK.2 675 and Rk.3 900

Inphared

Quote from: Pindol on June 26, 2007, 07:31:57 PM
MGB reuse timer decrease AAs:
7/7/7/- 10% each rank

Enchanters are the only class with this ability at the moment, so if we get it, every other buff class would need to get it. I don't see this happening.

Quote from: Pindol on June 26, 2007, 07:31:57 PM
Spell idea:
New SV with added Endurance component...make it competitive with BSG rather than continue to be useless on raids. Devs hate the idea of END regen, so make them create the spell which gives more END and HPS....let's say Rk.1; increases HPs and END by 500, RK.2 675 and Rk.3 900

You said it yourself; devs hate the idea of endurance regen, so chances are they won't put it on anything.

Everything has basically already been said. We want more powerful utility spells, so hopefully with the upcoming beta we can push some ideas being discussed.

hakaaba

I would like to see the ability to cure curses in some form, possibly an AA.  Bsts are supposed to be better at curing than rangers (look at the levels on every single cure we both get) yet rangers recently got the ability to cure curses while we haven't.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Sikkem

As an AA I would like some form of /track/awareness.

Something like WoW track that hunters get where you have a circular area spreading from from you and mobs etc are marked with a dot.

It could be called something like Bestial Senses where we use our pets awareness to be more in attune with our surroundings.

It could have differering levels. First just shows all npc's/pc's aas dots, second diferentiates them by colour, third might give names and then increase range etc.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Urim

Of course all the normal general AAs (stats, defense, etc, etc)

Bestial Bond - Upon death of warder, the beastlord enters into a bestial rage, taking on the appearance of warder with increased combat abilities and health (+3000hp, +350atk, +All Skills Minimum Damage Modifier 20%). Activates on warder's death. Duration 3 minutes. Requires all previous pet AAs + lvl 80.

Serpents Sting - Imbues the Beastlord with the sting of the serpent. (Sting of the Serpent: 100dmg poison, -50 hate proc) 10 min duration, 20 min reuse.

Warder's Last Stand - Upon mob's kill shot on warder, the warder has a 10/25/50% chance at staying at 1% hp and becoming immune to all melee for 10 sec giving the master an opportunity to heal pet and keep it in battle before it succumbs to death. Passive Ability.

Face Slash - Beastlord slashes at mobs face, blinding the mob and lowering melee accuracy by 5/10/15% while also decreasing beastlord agro to bottom of list. Duration 1 min. Reuse 5 min.

Just some quick dirty Beastlord only type ideas that been floating around my head.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Humlaine

lmao I love those idea's urim, you should have said them earlier =(