Main Menu

New Beastlord AA Discussion

Started by Swampfunk, June 22, 2007, 04:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swampfunk

Urim, I like all your ideas... added all of them to my list.

Bored at Work? Look>-> **NEW** Website: http://mypage.iu.edu/~jweakley<--- CLICK!!
Swampfunk - 75 Berserker of Momentum

Gatorfunk - 75 Beastlord

Humlaine

check the list I made earlier in the CC area swamp, there's about 10 ish ideas for aa's / spells I had up but I havent edited in about 3 ish weeks or so

Sikkem

Quote from: Urim on July 02, 2007, 02:08:44 AM
Of course all the normal general AAs (stats, defense, etc, etc)

Bestial Bond - Upon death of warder, the beastlord enters into a bestial rage, taking on the appearance of warder with increased combat abilities and health (+3000hp, +350atk, +All Skills Minimum Damage Modifier 20%). Activates on warder's death. Duration 3 minutes. Requires all previous pet AAs + lvl 80.

Really like all the ideas but I think this needs a boost. The 350 attack really wont do anything and the damage modifier is just to low.

Most agree a pet is about 30% of our dps as a rough figure and with a pet up we can cast Growl of the Panther and get a 20% damage modifier on ourselves and our pets so to break even with what we lose when our pet dies the damage modifier should be around the 55% mark (sure someone better with numbers can get the right figure)

Beastial alignment already gives us warder form and 50, 75 and 100% damage increase also so giving us more than 20% damage modifier isnt unheard of.

Just a though anyway.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

nedoirah

There are a lot of ideas I agree with. Some that I don't but those are very few.

Bestial Bond is an idea I had thought of but in a slightly different form. Good idea still.

Better pet discs. Agree with but not likely to happen.

Group haste. love it. How about an AA that can turn certain spells into group only but can't be mgb'd.

Decreased timer for many AA's. Thought about it too... They need to decrease the MGB 1hour 12mins timer across the classes.

My own idea for an AA.

Bestial Infusion- group AA- infuses the group with the spirit of the wild increasing their attack by 300, attack speed by 50% (stacks and overhaste), increased chance to crit and gives them a chance to flurry. 30sec duration and can be increased with SCR AA.

Humlaine

granted not all of this is aa's some are spells and ability upgrades but I feel it still falls in line with what we are overall looking for

1. Ferosity throw it out the window, prath already said it sucks and upgrades wouldnt really be a upgrade for it, ya its a sore subject. My suggestion is this new spell line! Aura of Ferosity, +20 to Combat Effects ( over cap ), Mana Flare ( granted this isnt same as enchy buff ) deals 200 damage to your target each time you proc, This imo would solve the best of both worlds and emimnate a buff we must keep casting over and over.

2. Paragon, This is second only to Fero I think for most of the beastlords, in its current form paragon adds +125 to mana I think, and 400hp per tick, instead of having it at a set number, I suggest it goes on a scale of what the cleric epic is on, a % base, adding 10% back to a person's mana and HP, thus making it a very viable and great upgrade for a needed AA which we are known for.

3. Pet Dps, our pet dps is by far the worst, falling behind necro's and mages since they added in procs to their pets.  I suggest booting our pet dps by a meer 10% , I think pets hp is fine , but the pet is lacking when I use batm they our parse my pet most of the time which is a sad instance.

***********EDITED***********
4. Frenzy of spirit, add a new version of this aa, adding in overhaste for both the beastlord and pet, 5% overhaste, also causing special attack's ( IE rake or jagged claw ) to cause greatly increased damage ( 100% more ) for the next minute, wouldnt be the same but would be a great addition to our already crappy AA line.

5. A new Growl upgrade! (self buff ), Spirit of the Night, beastlord and his warder are filled with visions of past battles, causing them the chance do to 150 damage ( magic based ) proc, for the next 1 mintues 30 seconds ( note should stack with panter, and storm blade), also increasing damage by 30%, and adding 2000 hp to both the beastlord and his warder

6. a Cure all in group form, unlike rangers they arent a shaman hybrid , I think we should have the same spell but with a 5% increase and in group form, it would bring our utility back to what it once was
*** NOTE *** This one isnt likely gonna happen , but it will server as a great utility in group settings ****

***NEW***
7. NEW RAKE!!!! Infuses your body with the power of the dragon, causing you, and your warders next attack to do extra magical damage, and has a change to make your enemies to slightly forget some of their past aggression towards you. ( Warder having a 20% chance to do the magical attack )

8. Form of the Feral lord - Imbunes you with the likelyness of your warder for a prolonged period of time, greatly increase your movement speed, +15 regen, and +10% accuracy overcap, would last 30 mins at first rank, 45 / 60 mins, aa would cost 3/ 6/ 9

Kitathia

Lots of good ideas - however.. I don't want to see Paragon-line being group only or single cast.. or non- MGB able. It has potential to be a darn good raid utility (with some major upgrades). Mana dumping we should leave to necro's.

Cure Curse - would be awesome - beats trying to dispell yourself on raids with few curerer.

Triple Atk - would be nice but I don't see us getting it.

Mages get a pet HoT - bst get a delayed CH. Not sure if Devs would give bst a pet HoT and mages a pet delayed CH.

Mages also get a stone-stance buff for their pets avoiding having pets one-rounded. That would be a nice AA.

KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

Blarp

Alot of grate thoguths some i would like to see otherld love but i know will never happen.

a few thigns i was thinking of most likey will just be taken as a joke to some but would help us in raid/solo areas

1st off 15 AA for small Chann like shammys say like a lvl 60 ish lvl one? not overe powering and would help with the chain casting of fero/grolw on raids and dont forget our new nuke... mana Drain.

2nd 15AA FD like 10% fial rait behind monks   with a lon( for FD 5 sec Reuce timer.) both will most likey never happen but would gratley help overe all

i can think of so many ways for our DPS to be worked on but i know it will not happen if SoE gives us more Dub atk rangers will want Quad atk you know. 

the Cure sounds like a good thought as well we are 1/2 shammy and NOthing.. but yet look at rangers they can cure shit and we can remove tash....... wtf overe

hell even if they made a aa to trun SIngle cast Fero into Gruop(kinda like MGB but works off 1-2 Spells and gRUOP STYLE)  reused every 7min something simple

well thats my 2 CP i know it may not be very good but hey what ever might help SoE think of saomehting ya know. take care and be safe ya all.

hakaaba

Also, an upgrade to the feral swipe line  :-D

Some people might not realize that this aa line is by quite a bit our best aa/damage ratio.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Ronsh

id like an upgrade to growl thats slightly diffrent then it is now

currently both the bst and the pet gets the same heal over time id like for that to get changed scale the hot on the bstlord like it is now but boost the pet hot significantly like make it close to 1k-1.5k/tick? hp/tic donĀ“t seem to powerfull

this commbind with our pet proc prism skin recorce from pet proc that i think need to be altered slitly currently it absorbs one hit no matter how big or small it is truth is everything and their brother today and buff em self with a 15 dmg ds witch strips the usefullness of this buff.

I suggest that prism skin get changed  to proc 2 runes one that will  work like now. Takes one hit no matter how small or big it is, and another thats a 200?(to help so it won be overpowered) dmg absorb rune that it checks first this way thos small useless dses every mob runs around with wont keep makeing our pet protection buff useless. This would work somethign like this mob has ds in form of a  small ds and ur pet  dosent lose his rune if pet is tanking and gets hit for say  201 points of dmg both runes fall off. i think this would help the comunity alot to make the prism skin pet proc alot more useble  and effective

anyway with thease 2 changes i think pets whould be more then an option on raids  not use  somethign that you park in a corner  to growl to make your own dps higher

Also id like to get an addition rank of tase of blood so  both the pet AND the bst  depending who got the killshot got the  killshot buff.

an aa that works kinda like the one mages get called shared health. pet can by a command  start sheilding you takeing part of your dmg  say 25% of the inc melee (mages aa grants them  much higher i thinkits like 70% but sens we can heal our pet much better that prolly be unbalanced)

nedoirah

I have done active parsing of my pet and with only 5 of 10 crit aa and 1 flurry aa, my pet only does 150 dps. Another guildie has his maxed out and does only 200 dps. My own dps is roughly 590 with maxed crit chance (don tier 4 aa also) and 3 of 6 crit max damage and several melee aa. ambi/sinister strikes, feral swipe and jagged claws, bestial alignment, frenzy of spirit, double attack 5. On raids I usually sit at 2600+ attack without my frenzy of spirit.

I would like to see an upgrade to our spell casting aa. This seems to be our weakest line of aa. Healing aa are fine atm but our offensive aa are weak. The new Bite of the Empress spell from TBS was a very nice upgrade and opened our offensive spell casting ability more in line with our shaman parent class. But it lacks the punch of the aa to back it.

I have an idea for a very different offensive aa. It combines the chanter spell minor illusion with a form of our bestial alignment. Call of Spirits. You howl a call to the spirits of the wilds to infuse your body. The spirits grant you the power to attack in a frenzy. You lose control of your body and mind for a brief time while the spirits change your body into their own. This is where minor illusion comes into play and you change into a nearby animal of the zone gaining it's attack prowess in addition to your own. A form of overcap stat. Kind of like monster summoning for mages except the bst becomes the animal. Duration 30 seconds or death of the mob which ever comes first. Should you gain the killshot while in this form you retain half the strength gained for an additional 60 seconds. Recast timer 30 mins. Additional ranks reduce the timer by 10%. Total ranks 5.

Khauruk

We're at the point now, where the best way to try to get new spells/concepts in, is to try and get into beta.  Once beta starts, the developers are working balls to the wall on it, and there's huge community communication w/in the beta process...if you want something, try hard to get into beta.
TURNCOAT!!!!!