Main Menu

Soliciting AA advise

Started by AbyssalMage, December 10, 2008, 06:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbyssalMage

I've really neglected my Pet, and by really, I mean its bad  :-D
So I've finally decided to look after him again.  I'm still level 75 so I can't get any 76 - 80 or 81 - 85 Tier pet AA's.
I currently only have Tier 1-6 of Wader's Fury
So question is...
What is the "Best Bang for the Buck" errrr....AA?, what should I get?

Campanions Alacrity, lvl 75, 3 Ranks 7/?/?
*Chance to Flury
*Figure this one comes after Rank 17 of Warder's Alacrity, but then again, why did they make it its own AA if so?  Does it doing something more than what the description says?

Warder's Fury, lvl 72, 14 Ranks 3/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/? (I assume some of these ranks are 76-85 required)
*Chance to Critical
*When is the chance to critical (Increase in %) not worth the AA investment?

Warder's Alacrity, lvl 65, 17 Ranks 5/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/? (I am assuming the same as Warder's Fury)
Chance to Flurry
*When does the chance to Flurry (increase in %) not worth the AA investment?

I need to make him better, and therfore me better, but I've almost exclusively focused on AA's that increase my DPS only.  I will probally do the first ranks of Warder's Alacrity 1st under the assumption that the first ranks of anything give you the "Biggest bang for the AA" but after that, where should I stop and wait until I get more utility/personal DPS AA's?
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Khauruk

Companion's Alacrity is a separate AA because it's open to more than beastlords.  Rather than code a pet flurry AA continuation for BST, and one for whatever other classes get CompAlac, they just did Companion's Alacrity.

The pet flurry lines are a very good return on investment for us, esp. since we're often chaining our werewolf pet.  I'd work on at least a bunch of ranks of flurry before I did pet crits.  I don't know if anybody ever parsed the dps return on every level....but, it's typically much better for flurry than crit.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Tanot

Does anybody know the comparison between Companion's and Warder's? Is one better than the other - i.e. best to max Warder's before even looking at Companion's? I assume they stack together?

Khauruk

Yes, they stack.

As far as testing, you should do a /testcopy, reset your AAs, and you can buy each line while parsing them.  An exterminator should work, or I've heard you can attack the one mob laying down outside of the mino caves in Steamfont.  I'd run the parse for an hour at least  to quantify the effect of the entire line of Companion's Alacrity, and compare w/ a 0 pet AA parse to get average number of hits per second or round, which you can turn into a flurry %age.

To test individual ranks of each, you'd need longer tests.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

nedoirah

Quote from: Khauruk on December 16, 2008, 03:45:31 PM
An exterminator should work, or I've heard you can attack the one mob laying down outside of the mino caves in Steamfont. 

That is correct. I used that mob to test my cleric's hammer pet.