Main Menu

Early Beta AAs

Started by Camikazi, May 20, 2009, 01:10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khauruk

I'm curious if we're not looking at FPoS the wrong way - what is it's benefit relative to mana regen, and/or spell cost?  With such inflated hp/ac numbers, I doubt that the developers are interested in looking at ratio of total mana-pool.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

jitathab

Maybe not, but FPOS is a useful soloing tool, every expansion stuff hits harder and we can not keep up as it is. FPOS allows me to solo with less downtime. If mob DPS increases then FPOS should increase to maintain the balance.
In solo conditions both the mana and HP regen are very useful.

In raid situation the mana portion is used on cleric for long fights, in those situations then for it to be a true upgrade, it needs to provide a worthwhile mana upgrade to allow casting whatever new spells the healers get.

In groups, I use FPOS for extra mana regen on myself.

In Molo FPOS is more mana to increase DPS.

So in one of our play methods then yes FPOS doesnt have to be x% of total HP, but in ohter i want it to scale with content.

Kanan

the thing I desire out of the upgrades is for them to scale up a decent percentage to stay in line with content.

ie,if present fpos feeds 10% of mana, I'd like the next one to scale along that line.  Do not set it to be a % of mana pool.  That would eliminate upgrade potential, a la healing adept.  Just do a review each new expansion for the mana pools that are anticipated from the gear that is being produced and make it's upgrade along that line.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Jhakar

Personally, I would like to get rid of our disease DoT line and get another werewolf pet line to replace it that is independent from the one we have right now.  Make it so we actually feel like beastlords.  And also make them insta cast spells.  I know it won't happen but it would be nice!  Fero needs to be taken out or completely retooled aura or group version with faster recast and overstats for the same mana cost as single version.  Pet slow is almost completely worthless in its current form.  Have it stack with snare and set duration.  Get rid of half the pet AA. Fortify companion, Companion's Blessing needs to stack with priest heals or increase how much it heals for at least.  Taste of blood needs to stay on the warder longer.  It usually wears off by the time another mob gets to camp. And relatively speaking, I assume the other classes that get this AA for themselves and not their pet, hit a lot harder than what our warder can hit for.  Get rid of spellbreaker's line. I like the idea of the debuff, I just hope it's not on a 30 minute timer like everything else we have and stacks with other debuffs since most everything else we do, doesn't stack with any other class.  Just my thoughts on the beastlord class.

Altof

Hope this is the right place for this, but what i would like to see is a decrease in the cast time of our swarm pet. If my parses are right I'm getting the single pet at anywhere from 6k-11k damage or about 350-600dps. Which isn't bad, but we're also losing 1.5 secs of dmg, which I'd guess for us is about 1kish dmg (more if disc etc). that is w/o the extend aa's. This is still the best dps tool for us in my opinion(besides discs) only cause it can't be resisted, but losing the dps while casting it can be bad and for us to keep up with other dps classes we have to keep this pet up, so what I'm trying to get at is, maybe a .5 sec cast? make it easier on us for when we're tanking too so we don't get interrupted so much.

Another thing i would like to see is farther range on focused paragon, and shorter cast time, oh and END feed! (but i know I'm dreaming there hehe)

Nukes- less resists, even w/o resists and all rk3's and 85% mods to cold/poison I'm getting them at 300-500dps...mostly low end (on a green mob) so what I'm getting at on a raid mob they obviously resist more and are no good. that was chain casting all 3 when they popped.

pet- beef up tiny bit, the little guys defiantly aren't as durable as they used to be.

one more dream would be some sort of pulling thing or FD of some sort, give us a little solo edge back.

my two sense

P.S. iksar need a non freezing pet =P

Kanan

Quote from: Altof on May 31, 2009, 01:28:29 PM
P.S. iksar need a non freezing pet =P

wouldn't be a problem if ya hadn't rolled a slimy leezard ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Camikazi

First page updated with some more AAs I found.

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Camikazi on May 20, 2009, 01:10:05 AM
Warning all info is VERY early, and subject to alot of changes

Found a few more on the EQPlayers site

Twinproc - 6% chance for a double proc
Tactical Mastery - Strikethrough
Spell Casting Mastery - This one is GREAT if it goes in 10% mana pres on all spells stacks with focus effects
Gift of Mana - They added this line to us, GoM along with its WAY too long named upgrades.
Divine Companion Aura - basically a DA for our Warder
Group Perfected Levitation - pretty self explanitory

Also a few more AAs that hasten other AAs (forceful rejuvenation for one), I can see GoM being useful, free Poison nuke or Werewolf pet, Spell Casting Mastery will be HUGE.

All of these look awsome....little worried about GoM and its upgrades though.  From what I see from other posts, the developers have designed spells specifically around GoM proc's.  That kinda ruins the point of these proc's by limiting your spell use to one EXTREMELY high casting spell when it does go off.  What I'm getting at is I would hate to see one or two of our spells get a 10% damage increase but the mana for the spell get a 1000% increase limiting its use to GoM proc's only.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Camikazi

Quote from: AbyssalMage on June 29, 2009, 08:55:27 PM
Quote from: Camikazi on May 20, 2009, 01:10:05 AM
Warning all info is VERY early, and subject to alot of changes

Found a few more on the EQPlayers site

Twinproc - 6% chance for a double proc
Tactical Mastery - Strikethrough
Spell Casting Mastery - This one is GREAT if it goes in 10% mana pres on all spells stacks with focus effects
Gift of Mana - They added this line to us, GoM along with its WAY too long named upgrades.
Divine Companion Aura - basically a DA for our Warder
Group Perfected Levitation - pretty self explanitory

Also a few more AAs that hasten other AAs (forceful rejuvenation for one), I can see GoM being useful, free Poison nuke or Werewolf pet, Spell Casting Mastery will be HUGE.

All of these look awsome....little worried about GoM and its upgrades though.  From what I see from other posts, the developers have designed spells specifically around GoM proc's.  That kinda ruins the point of these proc's by limiting your spell use to one EXTREMELY high casting spell when it does go off.  What I'm getting at is I would hate to see one or two of our spells get a 10% damage increase but the mana for the spell get a 1000% increase limiting its use to GoM proc's only.

True but there is new AA dev, he might not be 100% aware the AA was made with certain spells in mind :P From what I saw all hybrids are getting it, he might just be giving it out to all casters as a general type AA now.

Jili

When you hear the GoM audiotrigger go off...  Push MGB and then cast Focus. That should save you some mana for sure!

/Whine Jili

Maylian

Maybe just use GoM for DoN Growl, I expect it will be polished up though of course. It would be ridiculous to introduce an AA line you need to buy 100 AA's worth before it starts working on current spells. With the increase in spell slots we might get a nice big nuke or a special proc buff we can use in conjunction.

Still nothing too exciting for me though, but we are still 9-10months away from expansion?

Shecat

Quote from: Maylian on June 30, 2009, 06:58:51 AM

Still nothing too exciting for me though, but we are still 9-10months away from expansion?

More like 5, November is still the scheduled release date.

Maylian

Ahh ok for some reason I had it in my head it would be April, don't know why.

Karve

Co9ntent to be rolled out through to april 2010 ... as in when its ready I guess

Professional Mad Bastard.

Camikazi

GoM is in every casting class AA list, I don't think a new big spell will be added, it's just being made a casting class AA like Spell Casting Mastery.