Main Menu

Early Beta AAs

Started by Camikazi, May 20, 2009, 01:10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maylian

If you check out the cleric post on the other thread the new spell dev said he would be making unique spells after checking balance etc so whilst I understand it is a generic AA being made available there could be usage for all classes that didn't previously have this depending on how the dev works it.

Camikazi

Quote from: Maylian on June 30, 2009, 01:49:01 PM
If you check out the cleric post on the other thread the new spell dev said he would be making unique spells after checking balance etc so whilst I understand it is a generic AA being made available there could be usage for all classes that didn't previously have this depending on how the dev works it.

Yea I didn't see that, hopefully they do it right and not like they did with necros :/ their "GoM spell" became a spell they have to cast along with previous versions in order to compete.

wildwaters

Quote from: Camikazi on June 30, 2009, 03:07:30 PM

Yea I didn't see that, hopefully they do it right and not like they did with necros :/ their "GoM spell" became a spell they have to cast along with previous versions in order to compete.

Can you explain that?
I guess im missing something.

Camikazi

Quote from: wildwaters on June 30, 2009, 06:10:48 PM
Quote from: Camikazi on June 30, 2009, 03:07:30 PM

Can you explain that?
I guess im missing something.

The spell line given to Necros to go along with GoM was the Dread Pyre line, only problem was that with the way necros work they can't just replace old spell with new one and be fine, they had to keep using the Dread Pyre line (old and new) with its high mana cost just to keep up with other casters. Because Necros have to use lots of DoTs from past expansions, and cause of the way GoM works (there isn't one GoM proc, there are multiple that trigger on certain level spells) getting a level 70 max GoM proc usually meant a wasted GoM since they wouldn't have another low enough DoT to cast to use it.

It's mostly a Necro situation cause of the way DoTs work, but spell guy is a new name, and don't want the same thing happening, since it could make it hard for our mana to keep up.

Camikazi

One more new AA added.

Selronis

QuoteUPDATE:

Spell Casting Subtlety - Am on the fence about this one, great for raiding Beastlords who don't need or want the aggro, but a 20% drop in aggro all the time sux for those times you WILL need to take aggro or tank in groups.

I like it being made available.  No one has to buy it, but I certainly will  :-D.  Grabbing agro has rarely been a problem for me, but losing agro is a more common issue.

Kanan

well.. it would be nice to not steal agro from raxxti and shadowed soulblade wielding tanks when the mob's at 30 or so percent.  And the tanking rig should help make sufficient agro still when we want to tank.  Probably would still have mana issues if started using the dots for agro as we once did.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Denti

Spell Casting Subtlety would rock the expansion for me, by far the most exciting prospect out of all the new ones. The rest seems kinda bland to me, hope our spells make up for it.

Maylian

I think I'd love the AA if it was like pet hold or something in that you could turn it on or off.

Khauruk

I don't see any chance of me buying it, unless our new spells are just sickening amounts of agro. It's getting too hard for me to hold agro while tanking against the people I group with.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Tadenea

The following is from Elidroth, was told to post this

QuoteElidroth Said,
"The list of AA's that was released on EQ Players was incomplete and represented only the potential upgrades to existing lines, with no new AA's yet added. There is still a great deal of AA development work to be done, and full details will be coming as we get closer to beta."  
SoE Community Leader
Ranger of Test Server

Camikazi

Quote from: Tadenea on July 01, 2009, 05:41:18 PM
The following is from Elidroth, was told to post this

QuoteElidroth Said,
"The list of AA's that was released on EQ Players was incomplete and represented only the potential upgrades to existing lines, with no new AA's yet added. There is still a great deal of AA development work to be done, and full details will be coming as we get closer to beta."  

Someone hasn't looked at list then cause there are new AA's on there :P

Tadenea

who says that will be all of them though
SoE Community Leader
Ranger of Test Server

Camikazi

Quote from: Tadenea on July 01, 2009, 06:31:59 PM
who says that will be all of them though

I know it isn't the whole list, I was just pointing out that he said it had no new AAs only upgrades to old ones, even though the list did have new AAs on it.

jitathab

Spells and AA have been nerfed and boosted (rarely) in the last minutes of the beta before, so dont get excited yet about anything. Sometimes AA dont even end up on the same class as were originally posted under.