Main Menu

Spires of the Savage Lord

Started by Camikazi, May 25, 2009, 03:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camikazi

Once again I was bored (I seem to get alot done when bored) and figured I wanted to see what spires do, so I copied myself to Test, one thing led to another and,

http://www.camikazi.us/beastlord/spires/stats.html that was the results.

Inphared

Intense.

If at all possible, could you add spellcasts (just numbers - 30 Wild Spirit Strikes, 20 Second Spire Strikes, 10 Vaxtzn strikes) since they are missing from your pet parse?

Camikazi

Quote from: Inphared on May 25, 2009, 03:05:46 AM
Intense.

If at all possible, could you add spellcasts (just numbers - 30 Wild Spirit Strikes, 20 Second Spire Strikes, 10 Vaxtzn strikes) since they are missing from your pet parse?

I noticed that too, they did not show up since it was only me so Spell Awareness wasn't active. I will look through logs and post them here, will add them to webpage later on.

Camikazi

Ok, the first 15 min proc, no Spire the pet procced Epic 2.0 (200) 184 TImes and Vaxztn (488) 116 times

Epic 2.0 = 36800
Vaxztn = 56608
Total = 93408

The second Parse, Second Spire (2245) procced 80 times, Epic 2.0 (200) 191 and Vaxztn (488) 89 times

Epic 2.0 = 38200
Vaxztn = 43432
Second = 179600
Total = 261232

Warder did 2.8 times more proc dmg with Second then without.

Inphared

Before I continue, I want to say I'm not trying to discredit your parses, just merely gathering information that I didn't see.

For the second spire parse, is that fifteen entire minutes of him having second spire, or just fifteen minutes, clicking it whenever it's up?

Camikazi

Quote from: Inphared on May 25, 2009, 03:25:29 AM
Before I continue, I want to say I'm not trying to discredit your parses, just merely gathering information that I didn't see.

For the second spire parse, is that fifteen entire minutes of him having second spire, or just fifteen minutes, clicking it whenever it's up?

It's 10, 90 second parses, since buffs tick down on pets in Arena. No nothing changed at all between the parses, I recast every buff before I did next parse to make sure everything was identical. I sent pet in right after clicking Second (had a hotkey setup to do it) and stopped pet as buff dropped (watched for the drop message and watched timer on buff).

bobokatt1970

This is an eye opener for sure.  I need to check my numbers now. I have pretty much put Spire 1 and 2 WAY back in my hotkeys and always used tier 3, solo or otherwise.  I take it that Spire 3 does little to nothing to our warder as well?  I really want to say, this can't be true... I mean my alt is a necro and his 3rd spire with his COA chest is simply a retarded stupid DPS combo.  You would think there is a reason to get the all the previous spires etc to arrive at the 3rd expecting it to be leaps and bounds above the rest.

Thank you for your time on this Cami.  Will try it out myself now for a bit.

Mazame

I used the 2nd spire a lot more my self for a long time. reasion is my pet is non stop attacking I on the other hand am casting spells as often as I can so for me the first spire don't get the full effect because to hold off casting Nukes or our wolf pet for 1 min to me would be a bigger loss in DPS then it worth.

If you end up testing these again I would say try an all out chain cast like you would on a raid with out spire and then again with spire and see how much DPS you lost by not casting vs what gain with spire running.

As much as I hate to say it our melee has become 2nd to our casting these days and as Mages and nerco get thier spell boosted we keep getting melee aa that just don't compare. I think the proc on our pet was a great idea because it dosn't effect us in any way letting us do what we like and still get full effect.

Camikazi

Quote from: bobokatt1970 on May 25, 2009, 04:15:35 PM
This is an eye opener for sure.  I need to check my numbers now. I have pretty much put Spire 1 and 2 WAY back in my hotkeys and always used tier 3, solo or otherwise.  I take it that Spire 3 does little to nothing to our warder as well?  I really want to say, this can't be true... I mean my alt is a necro and his 3rd spire with his COA chest is simply a retarded stupid DPS combo.  You would think there is a reason to get the all the previous spires etc to arrive at the 3rd expecting it to be leaps and bounds above the rest.

Thank you for your time on this Cami.  Will try it out myself now for a bit.

Spires between classes are in no way equal, even the ones that are supposed to add about same amount of DPS, like our first spire. From what I heard devs planned that the Skill Damage Amount Spires were to add about the same DPS for all classes, but that is obviously off if you just look at some numbers. Ours adds 42 per hit, Rangers version adds 45 per hit, that right there should tip you off, since Rangers swing more and are more accurate then us their Spire adding more per hit means they get a lot more DPS out of it then we do from ours.

I believe the devs intended each Spire to be useful in different situations, now I can see a use for First and Second, but can't find a Situation in which Third should be used, the mods are just not big enough for it to be parsable beyond the margin of error even in a melee group.

jitathab

So third spire is broken? 2nd is best in your opinion?

Camikazi

Quote from: jitathab on May 26, 2009, 12:35:28 PM
So third spire is broken? 2nd is best in your opinion?

It's not broken, the mods do work, its just the amounts they added are too small to see any difference. I kept hearing the magical 300 DPS from the group Spires, if that is true, ours is way far off the mark, but I doubt many of the spires are giving the returns the devs stated they were aiming for.

Kanan

it does have stacking issue with shm 3rd spire (idiot shm I was grouped with decided to pop hers despite my announcing several minutes prior I was going to hit mine).

The 2nd spire deal is honestly a real shocker.  I thought we'd seen issues with it previously such that it wasn't really proccing very often because of the 2 other typical procs we have on the pet (cast & 2.0 click) interfered with it getting down to checking that spell for proc (i.e. it would do the check on vaxtn, then on 2.0, then getting to 2nd spire to check if it would fire, with 2.0 typically being the primary fire).  Please correct my thoughts on that if I'm off base in regards to proc firing.

I'll have to start replacing 3rd on my list of things to use.

Another thought: I have 1st tied into my discing hotkey atm, with intent to also hit BA after EF fades.  Since 1st is merely an add-on to the dmg formula, unaffected by any foci, abilities, etc., would it be of more benefit really to just replace the 1st spire trigger line with 2nd spire?  (I also need to get in habit of clicking the bp in similar time frame too, but that's a different story)
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Camikazi

Quote from: Kanan on May 26, 2009, 05:23:02 PM
Another thought: I have 1st tied into my discing hotkey atm, with intent to also hit BA after EF fades.  Since 1st is merely an add-on to the dmg formula, unaffected by any foci, abilities, etc., would it be of more benefit really to just replace the 1st spire trigger line with 2nd spire?  (I also need to get in habit of clicking the bp in similar time frame too, but that's a different story)

From what I saw the 90 sec parses for Second was from 170-220DPS, pretty consistent each time, so unless you're fighting a spell immune mob Second should outdo First without much problem.

Khauruk

Quote from: Kanan on May 26, 2009, 05:23:02 PM(I also need to get in habit of clicking the bp in similar time frame too, but that's a different story)

I would avoid having the bp and 2nd spire running at the same time, due to chances for procs to be lost.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Kanan

that was definally my thought too Khauruk.. hence the simliar.  Was thinking once the 2nd spire faded to hit the bp.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar