Main Menu

UF 2nd release AA ideas

Started by Khauruk, November 29, 2009, 09:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catnip_Inny

but an AA that gave us a fero aura would be an AA not a spell :P

Khauruk

It's an AA that will never be developed.  We need to try to get Ferocity fixed through the spell dev, not back-doored in through Elidroth.  From his comments in beta also, he would specifically not do this since it's stepping on Raramor's toes.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Karve

I wish someone would just pick up the beast issues and run with them rather than everyone not do anything as its "someone elses".
It sucks as a spell, it would rock as an aura. Make it an AA? Change teh spell .. hmm. Granted theres 2 issues, *either* of those would work but here as you say isn't the place for spell discussions. But if it was an AA...

/moves on

RE-railing --> AA's

Professional Mad Bastard.

Khauruk

The developers are unable to take much action independently - everything gets passed by the team before implementation.  So, nobody is able to really run w/ our issues without convincing the rest of the group.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

rhaug

an aa that procs pets like the fabled pet weapon.

imbues our weapons with the chance to proc pets.
like a spellbuff aa or song aa
its really a bst thing since we got load of pet aa and melee also.

i am in favour of this one going alive for us.

rhaug

is that third spire of the beastlord fixed?
lets get them work on it

the third spire should be the top one in added dps

lets get that fixed
and make it also a usable groupdps tool

we can ask for new aa but when our coolest old aa are broken let these be fixed first
and then giver us also some usefull new aa

Kanan

Quote from: rhaug on December 01, 2009, 06:39:02 PM
an aa that procs pets like the fabled pet weapon.

imbues our weapons with the chance to proc pets.
like a spellbuff aa or song aa
its really a bst thing since we got load of pet aa and melee also.

i am in favour of this one going alive for us.

If we can't get the pet's to be able to proc add'l pets themselves, I think this is a perfectly good alternative.

Issue: how will magi be able to gain/use the ability too, since they're "pet masters"?

I believe 3rd spire "works", but it's return is pathetic.  There's a thread discussing the dps gains from each of the spires (the one that had the surprise that 2nd was actually best dps for us of the 3).

Last I used it a few months ago, it definitely did not stack with shaman 3rd spire.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Khauruk

It doesn't not work....it just sucks.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Sharrien

AA Cripple with upgraded power for today's content would be cool too.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Gutterr

Easy to sell

1) zone with Pact (and shrinks)
2) I like the chance to increase Yowl's 4proc
3) Another rank of Pact that allows for color changes to WW form (possibly fixed to the color of BP or a choice between Yowl/Howl/etc colors)

Hard to sell (but not FD/CH/fade stupidity)

4) AA that allows for the color change of Yowl WWs/Warders
5) AAs to raise cap on mod2s

Possibly in the realm of FD/CH/fade stupidity

6) a minor track (I'd drop a shitload of AAs to have even a gimp track)

*I am also in favor of passive AAs.  I am running out of hotkey room.  

*Someone had a nice writeup on the implementation of totems for bsts (similar to shms and WoW).  This could be incorporated in line with possible Spire additions.

*I think the pet proc AA is more in the realm of a disc.  Just my opinion, but it might be easier to sell it there.

*I could care less about how other classes view our AAs; mages got a wis based heal for pets, ranjas got a single pull AA and extra durability to act as a 4th "tank".

*I'd rather not bitch too much about bugged AAs; devs might get around to fixing some that I don't want fixed (feral kick).  I'll take less damage on 3rd spire if it means I stay immune to enrage.

Hzath

Let's see....ideas...

Extended Yowl
Quickened Yowl
Hastened Yowl
Increased % to get 4 pets on Yowl
Another rank of feral swipe (save hastened for another expansion)
Focused Paragon upgrades that don't suck
Quickened Focused Paragon
I'd like a frenzied burnout type AA as a pet burst AA
An AA that functions to burst our spell damage, increase crit damage is easy option
Extended protection (+tick on protective spirit)
Extended fury (+tick(s) on Empathic Fury)
Jolt line without any debuff/dd/dot/stun tied to it, short recast
Hastened asp/raven/gorilla
JOLT JOLT JOLT - give it an endurance or mana cost I don't care, more deagro please.
AA to proc every round (like ranger UF AA)
Pet twin proc
"Escape" AA - they're giving it out all over the place, not as outlandish as it used to be
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Catnip_Inny

easy ones but why not ask...

more burst of power and beastial fury pls? 

Bsts imo could stand to raise a couple more notches on the dps ladder this expansion!

kharthai

Quote from: Hzath on December 02, 2009, 04:59:16 AM
"Escape" AA - they're giving it out all over the place, not as outlandish as it used to be

Yeah, I thought it was kinda funny how no one really wanted to ask for FD, this would have been the expansion to get it.  Rangers, Shaman, Zerkers... it's hip to be fading.

rhaug

can agree with these

"easy ones but why not ask...

more burst of power and beastial fury pls? 

Bsts imo could stand to raise a couple more notches on the dps ladder this expansion!"

more ranks in double attacks and flurry are very needed.

wish the pet defensive fix also is combined with a offensive fix.

Kanan

I can see increased flurry chances.. but has someone checked our DA rate?  Especially with the max % Ferocity foci?  I'm willing to bet that we're closing in on stage where it would require massive skill cap increases to see much return.

The DA formula: (Level + skill)/500.

Our first skill point back at (I think it was) 75 = (75 + 1)/500 = 15.2%

Our present DA rate, pure skill based: (75+75)/500 = 30

Ferocity foci max increase is 18%.

They're not going to increase this as monks, for sure, are already basically at 100% DA rate and iirc, rangers are there too.

Bestial frenzy is 5% per rank, again, iirc.  We're at 10 ranks.  That's 50% rate.  Add the present skill.. that makes us at 80%.  Assumption here: ferocity is additive to that existing %: we're now at 98% (50% BF + 30% DA Skill + 18% Ferocity).

If the assumption is wrong, 80% * 18% = 14.4% increase or a new total of 94.4%.  Still very close to 100%.

Lets ask for more triples.  (I don't know that formula and doubt that it's the same as DA)

I'm still a fan of more extended swarm, since that's prolly our best bang for the buck on dps.

Yeah.. improving fpos would be very nice indeed.

It would be nice to get a pulling tool like so many other classes that are not pulling classes are getting.  /shrug.. don't care what.. just some tool would be nice again.  I was never really good at the pet pulling before it was fixed, but we definitely would be able to pull it off a lil easier nowadays with the pet DA ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar