Main Menu

UF 2nd release AA ideas

Started by Khauruk, November 29, 2009, 09:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhaug

number one:
more dps melee aa, that makes our dps a good way higher in a steady way without the need to chain nuke, hit all hotkeys, dot etc.
a good increase in double attack and flurry and other dps melee aa
a spellproc that brings a beasty proc on our weapons
an additional dps burn disc that doesnt use the same timer as our current discs

make ferocity a circle of power aura
or gives us a aura that increases critical hits and weapon or weapon damage

higher maximum hit for our warder, the current max hit is a joke, i am thinking of doubling it really to like 450
since the warder max hit is a joke compared to these days weapon melee output.
since the melee damage on weapons grows, we need also a much higher melee output for our warder
in that way our steady dps also becomes higher.

number two:
ways to drop aggro
fd aa ability
jolt aa

number three:

critical hits on our paragon lines
an aa upgraded slow
a selfheal aa, like petmending idea but then on us

maybe it looks a lot to ask for
anyway we have to ask for some real love since i got the feeling we are quite a bit behind in eq

Karve

our entire spellbook (we are a utility class right) is way behind . about 20 levels behind.

So yes, we need *LOTS* of loving from the devs atm.

Professional Mad Bastard.

Maylian

Completely agree, I have stopped raiding as a beastlord because it just seems like an exercise in futility as there is no role for us worth a damn at high end. It seems in groups we lack a lot of utility that may make us desirable, I think the class is in no better a position than before UF if not worse because of the changes other classes have received.

rhaug

an aa that make our pet crits there spellprocs

was thinking also about a passive aa that makes us proc a howl of the moon pet on target

and fd doesnt sound bad for utility

rangers got the whole bunch of utilitys
so we need in that area also quite some new stuff

dont feel shy to ask for good stuff

Hzath

Posting all my (newish) ideas here, some aren't AAs and are just general tuning/changes but this thread seems to have turned into an "everything we want in April" thread.  Most of my ideas are raid/solo oriented, I don't like grouping that much.

Personally, I'm not that upset with our personal dps.  Our warder/swarm pets are starting to really starting to lack, and once more people start getting the T6 and higher weapons it will show even more.  Warder melee dps needs to be doubled, most likely by substantially raising the max hit.  Warders also need a longish, very powerful burn AA to hit when Empathic Fury drops; Frenzied Burnout is the perfect candidate to steal from mages.  When I do  8000 personal dps for 5minutes and my warder does 950, I'm not a happy person, I'd like to see it boosted closer to 2500-3000.

Swarm pets are starting to slack a bit too, just because of stagnation.  Unlinking Haergen's and Yowl and giving Haergen's a 48-60 second refresh would increase swarm pet dps and wouldn't interfere with the growl effect of Haergen's.  The other option is to try to get lower recast / longer duration for the werewolf spells similar to the mage lines, I don't really want this option unless their cast times get dropped to .5 seconds.  New pet focus could help this issue, but I'm not terribly optimistic.

Ferocity...it sucks...it's a worn out subject.  My new, probably suggested 3 years ago by someone else idea for it: Deagro proc.  The proc could be sympathetic to also work on spells (like arcane arietta) for a lesser amount.  A sizeable deagro proc would be a buff that makes people go OMG I WANT THAT, and wouldn't make dps explode (any more than it already does) with those magical disc/buff combos.  I checked lucy, spell slot 2 looks like a good slot that wouldn't interfere with some of the most used procs.

AAs to lower cast time of Focused Paragon, love the idea whoever said it.  I still want self only version, screw all the retargetting.  I still say focused paragon needs more ranks.

More hastened paragon (group only), get it to 8-9 minute refresh.  Sounds like a lot, but old AAs that used to have horribly long recasts are now getting pretty low.

More hastened roar, get this down to 2-3 minutes.

Growl/Haergen's +hp and HoT portions need revamped.  1500/150 in DoN and now they're like 2700/300, hp values have tripled since then and this spell hasn't even doubled in power.  I'd love to see this fixed.

Protection of the Warder, good idea in theory.  Up the mitigation to 12-15% so there isn't weird stacking issues with cleric vie, and we'll actually notice (substantially) lower hits.  Make this change and it's a nice AA.

Give GBA the damage mod boost to 35%, I don't care if it's 5 ranks at 12AA/rank.

Extended BA

Some sort of "spell disc" AA.  +Crit chance of 15-25% for a minute or something, in a spell slot without some ridiculous conflict (auspice, bard epic, etc.).  Heck even stealing the Wizards prolonged destruction AA (+40% i think?) but it makes nukes cost twice as much mana; with our low mana nukes I could live with a copy/paste of this.  An option other than intensity/glyph combo to increase spell damage could really go a long way I think, that once a night combo is a huge boon...but it's just a once a night thing that not everyone has access to.

Friendly pet - wtf? I don't even know here.

I tried to list just new stuff, but I'm sure once I got going I listed some of my old ideas again.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Zunar

I agree too that our dps has stagnated...but imo the real problem is lack of utility.
We got no real desireable must-have utility to make up for our lower dps compared to other classes for raid scenario.
A raid can survive fine without SE or paragon in many cases.

Imo just making fero something awesome again, that'd make all classes drool for it would be a nice start.
A targetable version of the new cure AA.

One cool tool would be to maybe add a new ability to our warder..
A targetable ability called...Spirit Link, which would make the warder take like 5% of the damage for the target for a limited time.
Stackable with other beastlords...so with 4 bsts in raid, all using it, would mean tank is taking 20% less damage for a while.

If we don't get more dps...this could be a utility....also to make the warder desired :)

Hamtarro

TL;DR (sorry) -- Don't give us crappy 1hour skills, just buff paragon in newer ways, PS our pets suck donkey balls.

Am I the only person that completely loathes really-strong-but-only-usable-once-every-hour abilities? They just drive me NUTS! To me, the longest cooldown should be 30minutes. Either it is overpowered such that you can't use it but once a day or it just shouldn't go in, or it is powerful but should be usable once per raid fight (MGB falls into this, I hate not using my MGB simply because I might need it more for the next fight, etc.) Don't give me an ability I am too afraid to use because we might want it more sometime in the next 72 minutes (See: Berserker Savage Spirit).

I am curious as to what you guys think of my idea to buff paragon (sorry if it seems I am just pushing my own ideas and negating others, that isn't my intent, I'm just curious if people would like it or not and if you guys don't I'll drop it.)

(Three Ranks) __(adjective here)__ Focused Paragon of Spirits: This ability provides a passive (30% would be my initial hope, whatever the devs think though) chance for your Focused Paragon to heal and additional (X HP/MANA per rank) upon fading.

Ideally I would think the numbers would work out to a 30% chance to cast a promised heal that does 50% of whatever the current total is (using #s, not %s, since the devs hate %s). That would work out to a 15% buff to paragon on average, but the cool thing to me is that whenever someone does get the proc they will actually get a huge benefit (but only 30% of the time).

I don't know about you guys, but in my raid guild I might get asked 3-5 times for Paragon on any given night. I feel like if there is a chance to get a 150% paragon then that might be strong enough for it to feel useful again but not so strong that it is imbalancing.

On other notes, yes I feel like our dps has stagnated (however, I am always in the top 10 on our charts, so I can't complain either). For crying out loud, when I am regularly hitting 4-6k+dps for fights in Tower, why oh WHY is my warder busting out *A MAXIMUM POTENTIAL* of 10% of that!?

Hamtarro Baconator
<Grey Horizon>
Tunare Server

Mazame

I would like to see the pet proc fixed and working i had a lot of fun with it in Beta.

I also like to see our DPS improved currently I have to fight to out DPS SK and some times war. I not talking raid / burn in that area is another topic I talking about I go out grinding and if I not chain nuking full burn  then war and sk can out dps me. I sorry but I should not have to click everything i got to out dps a tank.

Kanan

I like the promised % chance thing Ham.

On the pet being approximately 10% of our dps:

Remember, the pet is considered part of us when the devs are setting up where they desire us to stand from a dps standpoint.  They decide that we need to be at a, for argument's sake, 30% dps increase from the various abilities we can gain in this set of additions.  They'll set these into the various abilities and portion them out as they see fit.

Now if the pet gains more dmg output, proportionately, we'll lose add'l personal dps gain in some fashion.  This would be more tolerable if the pet's survivability were not still such a severe issue.  The vaporific (mob breathes heavily in it's direction, the pet turns to vapor) pet is not quite as bad an issue as it once was, but it is not the monster that magi pets still are.

Now, if that pet dies, we have lost some of our dps gains.  I don't generally memorize the pet summoning spell in a fight unless it feels as though it will last a while, and I'll need the pet's (more than likely) unhasted and un-proc'd dps for us to have a chance of winning.  Since I don't do that, I can't recover that dps loss.  I'd also suffer dps losses from the casting of the pet instead of nuking/meleeing the mob.

I'd like a lil more survivability for the pet, but I'll live with how it's dmg output is.  The swarm pets are nicely powerfully effective.  I don't mind the focus for dps to stay on us, since this is a much more dependable source of dmg than our pet.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Hzath

Combined: Head Scryer Oomk on 1/10/2010 in 358sec

Hzath
--- DMG: 2734115 (5.89%) @ 7902 dps (7637 sdps)
--- DMG to PC: 20607 @134dps
--- Special: 7

Hzath`s pet
--- DMG: 385079 (0.83%) @ 1116 dps (1076 sdps)
--- DMG to PC: 21902 @342dps

Hzath`s warder
--- DMG: 312000 (0.67%) @ 902 dps (872 sdps)

Just seems out of line to me.  I remember we were having this discussion before UF and swarm pets and warder were each ~15% of our total dps, now they're down to 11% and 9%.  It'll drop even lower once some people start getting the new weapons it'll be even worse.  We got some great personal dps upgrades with the UF launch, I'm of the opinion we shouldn't let these 2 facets of our dps drop so low and should try to push for them to get boosted in April.

As for warder defensives...they can EASILY offtank in tier8 if you have the right spells memmed, sure it takes work but he's quite a beast these days.

I also like the [bonus health/mana on paragon fade] idea.  I personally saw it as a 3-4tick super paragon overdrive type bonus, but I guess a boom hit to hp/mana is just as good.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

kharthai

Quote from: Hzath on January 22, 2010, 10:22:50 AM
Friendly pet - wtf? I don't even know here.

/derail on
It's pretty funny when you compare it to the new necro aa that is up for 3 out of 6 minutes and has a 25% chance to cast a 4k *group* heal when anyone in group casts a nuke or dot.  Not that I particularly love healing, but if they're going to toss us heal utility stuff it'd be nice if it were somewhat effective.
/derail off

Kanan

Quote from: Hzath on January 22, 2010, 11:15:48 PM
Combined: Head Scryer Oomk on 1/10/2010 in 358sec

Hzath
--- DMG: 2734115 (5.89%) @ 7902 dps (7637 sdps)
--- DMG to PC: 20607 @134dps
--- Special: 7

Hzath`s pet
--- DMG: 385079 (0.83%) @ 1116 dps (1076 sdps)
--- DMG to PC: 21902 @342dps

Hzath`s warder
--- DMG: 312000 (0.67%) @ 902 dps (872 sdps)

Just seems out of line to me.  I remember we were having this discussion before UF and swarm pets and warder were each ~15% of our total dps, now they're down to 11% and 9%.  It'll drop even lower once some people start getting the new weapons it'll be even worse.  We got some great personal dps upgrades with the UF launch, I'm of the opinion we shouldn't let these 2 facets of our dps drop so low and should try to push for them to get boosted in April.

As for warder defensives...they can EASILY offtank in tier8 if you have the right spells memmed, sure it takes work but he's quite a beast these days.

I also like the [bonus health/mana on paragon fade] idea.  I personally saw it as a 3-4tick super paragon overdrive type bonus, but I guess a boom hit to hp/mana is just as good.

I agree with ya, though I can't comment on T8 yet.  You definally are right re: the weapon increases coming will not help us as much as others (tho the 2 1hers for us I've seen so far are not OMFG I GOTTA HAVE IT upgrades over tower (I think I calc'd like .00x better ratio than tower, with corr taken into account)).  You're making me think that this might be another like a few years back, where our power increase, up front, is greater than others, but we "peak" at like t7 basically, whereas others might peak out higher up, putting us further behind the curve.

I'm amazed I'm as coherent as I presently am as frickin tired as I am.  I honestly will admit surprise that the swarm pets did so relatively poorly on oomk (tho that may well be w/in margin of error for being below 400 dps, esp for a single fight.  Last night, I prolly showed a lot higher, but /shrug.. rng liked me & gave me like 2 4 pet swarms in a row :)
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Hamtarro

I like the 3-4tick super paragon overdrive idea, the reason I went with a boost on fade is just because I have gotten the feeling that the limiting factor on whether or not an AA idea has promise is whether or not it would be easy to code. My promised-type idea just came from the fact that they already have a promised heal coded, so it might not be too difficult for them to add a mana heal to it as well.
Hamtarro Baconator
<Grey Horizon>
Tunare Server

Karve

it still needs end adding too!

Professional Mad Bastard.

Sharrien

Perhaps the drop in warder/swarm dps is due to the absence of Prolific Minion.  Since it was dropped to late in beta, maybe it's contribution to our overall dps wasn't replaced in another area.

Anyway, this seems a good enough reason to ask everyone to PM Elidroth and talk with him about Prolific Minion.  Give your opinion and offer some solutions and maybe we can get this dps AA back on our menu.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre