Main Menu

AA effects if you de-level?

Started by Phanq, February 06, 2004, 06:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phanq

Say you get an AA right when you reach the required level then you die and drop back a level, do you still get the effects of the AA?

Just kinda curious after seeing the required levels on GoD AAs, which as Shenker pointed out, are available to view on test.
Phanq - 51st Season - Beastlord - The Rathe server

Nonposter

My understanding is: No.

Have not tested it personally, but I believe someone in my guild de-leveled from 64 on a raid (too many deaths) and SM2 did not work, ie his pet was returned without all the buffs.
- nonposter

Argach

AFAIK activated abilities (SM, paragon, MGB etc) stop from working but passive abilities (MC, CA, BF) work even if ye lose the level. Haven't tested myself but so I've heard.

Rhugan

Passive abilities do not work if you do not meet the level requirement.  Activated abilities do not work if you do not meet the level requirement.

When I dinged 55, I purchased Combat Fury I (meele crits).  I was seeing crits and it was great.  Then I died for whatever reason and deleveled to 54.  I never saw another meele crit until I dinged 55 again.

Another example was when I dinged 63,  I bought Planar Power III and my stats went up by 5.  I died and my stats were reduced by 5 until I dinged 63 again.

I cant find any reason to make me think this would be different for anyone else.  I think it would be harder to prove/disprove if Bestial Frenzy still allowed a higher chance of double attack or if Ambidexterity still increased your chance to dual weild though.  Maybe there are some parses out there.  Who knows.

Grymlok

Quote from: RhuganAnother example was when I dinged 63,  I bought Planar Power III and my stats went up by 5.  I died and my stats were reduced by 5 until I dinged 63 again.

They should have gone down by 10, as each level past 60 adds +5 to your stat cap.

The Berserker: Foecussed

Mindlet

The safehouse discussions say different. They say that you keep the passive skills even if you delevel but the activated ones you loose.

And yes if you stat cap only went down by 5 when you delevels this in fact proves you kept the planar power ability.

Rhugan

I lost the 5 from planar power,  I didnt mention the gain of the +5 from leveling so I didnt mention the loss of the +5 from leveling when I deleveled.  Granted I should have explained it better.  The fact remains I did lose it.  

There is no real way to tell if passive skills continue to work or not.  Maybe some do and the ones I pointed out dont.  Im sure there are parses out there showing that they dont and some out there that show they do.  Which are we to believe?  It doesnt really matter to me one way or the other and I dont think the Safehouse is the end all be all of information reguarding EQ but since its on the net it must be true right?

In my opinon I find no reason to believe that passive abilities work when the the required level is not met.  This is based on my experiences.  If I am wrong then so be it.  Until I see something official then I will continue to believe it.

Hrann

It's easy to test, you just need someone to die at the right level.  If you drop below the required level for BF, all you need is a parse of a few fights to see if you got any double attacks.

Rhugan

I conceed, its all easy to test.  When you figure out the real answer please let the original poster know.  Like I said it doesnt matter one way or the other to me and I wont waste the time.

I know what I have experienced with CF and PP and it happens to jive with what SOE says.  Of course other passive skills may work.  I only know about those 2 with any amount of certainty.