Main Menu

Gates of Discord AAs (Jan 29, 2004)

Started by Xalmat, January 30, 2004, 09:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vorph

Quote from: BengaliThat's not accurate.  Many of the changes that have occured in past betas (and this one as well) are the direct result of tester feedback.

It's accurate enough.  I need only point at LDoN Time-level raids and rest my case.

Bengali

Quote from: Vorph
Quote from: BengaliThat's not accurate.  Many of the changes that have occured in past betas (and this one as well) are the direct result of tester feedback.

It's accurate enough.  I need only point at LDoN Time-level raids and rest my case.

That doesn't remotely prove that SOE didn't want or receive feedback on those.  It just proves you don't like the way they turned out.

And if they received and implemented feedback on every other aspect of LDoN from testers, then your statement isn't "accurate enough" either.

Look, it's absolutely clear that every single comment of piece of feedback isn't implemented.  Heck, sometimes people give feedback wanting the exact opposite thing so it's not even possible.  But you concluded that SoE only wants stress testers for this beta, and has zero interest in design feedback.  And your conclusion is based entirely on your admitted non-participation in the process.

That's pretty thin ice to rest your case on, but who knows.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Urim

QuoteIt's accurate enough. I need only point at LDoN Time-level raids and rest my case.
Actually if i remember correctly, at the beginning there were no plans for raids in the LDoN expansion. It wasn't until much bitching and moaning on message boards after the NDA breakers let the word slip that there was no raids that the raids got put in, so please point the blame right back at the NDA breakers.

Why not instead of whining about the process you become involved in it, oh but then you would have more things to whine about because YOUR ideas weren't implemented they way YOU wanted them.

I myself find the LDoN Time raids to be a challenge, true some things could be changed for hte better but that doesn't mean that feedback wasn't listened to ... unless you somehow have inside information on the ldon beta that would suggest that the devs just laughed at the feedback and did their own thing?
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Rhaynne

QuoteI didn't feel the beta was a good use of my time, as I don't believe that SOE takes player feedback at all seriously.

Your beliefs are unfounded and entirely without merit, as this is a factual/non-factual statement.  Unless you are actually taking part in the process, anything you theorize is fluff.  If you participate in a beta and see for yourself that your feedback is not taken seriously, maybe then you'll have a legitimate bitch.

I have been involved in both the LDON and the GoD beta, and I can state that feedback I have submitted has been implimented and I have even recieved tells directly from devs when logged in asking me to clarify feedback I submitted.  More recently with the GoD beta, devs are quite commonly on and spend alot of time talking with the players and gathering data and taking suggestions.

In the GoD beta, I have seen several of my feedbacks go live soon after sending them in, one within hours - granted I can't necessarily claim they were directly responding to my feedback specifically.

Satal

Vorph...your thoughts on beta are way off base. If you've ever done beta you'd know. The devs are so hands on with this beta it isn't even remotly funny. I'm speaking from first hand experience. Stress tests are just about the last thing going on in beta.

Vorph

Eh, I hope you're right.  I've pre-ordered GoD and so I hope that it doesn't turn out to be a waste of money like LDoN is (from a raid standpoint, which is the only reason I play EQ)

My cynical opinion of SOE (not Verant) betas prior to this one stands, however, no matter how good or bad GoD turns out.

Pojodan

Quote from: VorphEh, I hope you're right.  I've pre-ordered GoD and so I hope that it doesn't turn out to be a waste of money like LDoN is (from a raid standpoint, which is the only reason I play EQ)

My cynical opinion of SOE (not Verant) betas prior to this one stands, however, no matter how good or bad GoD turns out.

You have no +HP, Vengence, or Flowing Thought augments yet I take it?

Murkk Dakruul

protection of calliav and 400+ hp, plus your pick of any other useful effects such as FT, Vengeance or maybe a DoT focus. All of which stacks on top of your current armor.

LDoN was great for raiders, plus it's better than killing endless trash mobs in PoE for xp.
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

cougerofeq

Quote from: Murkk Dakruul

LDoN was great for raiders, plus it's better than killing endless trash mobs in PoE for xp.

with 300 more AAs to earn wont the that be back?

Murkk Dakruul

Just do hard missions. Almost the same xp and much more entertaining/profitable.
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

Bengali

Quote from: cougerofeq
Quote from: Murkk Dakruul

with 300 more AAs to earn wont the that be back?

Well, if you believe some of the posts about them, there aren't any aa worth getting ;) ;) ;)
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Lukna

Quote from: Rhaynne
QuoteI didn't feel the beta was a good use of my time, as I don't believe that SOE takes player feedback at all seriously.

Your beliefs are unfounded and entirely without merit, as this is a factual/non-factual statement.  Unless you are actually taking part in the process, anything you theorize is fluff.  If you participate in a beta and see for yourself that your feedback is not taken seriously, maybe then you'll have a legitimate bitch.

I can. And I call BS. They didn't listen to player feedback on these aas because I logged in every other day and did feedback and the only changes made were not even close to my feedback, or anyones that I talked to in beta about them. Also, based on the email I got from the dev in charge of AAs the changes that were made were already planned so you can see that no... They didn't listen to player feedback.

Choppin

to further derail:

LDoN sucked for raiding people because the raid content was for 36 (with aweful reward, deathcounts, time limits) while the guilds that could beat those had much bigger numbers due to PoTime requirements.
I rather stop raiding than breaking the guild in pieces over some LDoN stuff.

Why grind augments for amor that will be replaced in GoD, or you save up all LDoN points to buy augments for GoD stuff assuming it will be augmentable ?
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Rhaynne

QuoteI can. And I call BS.

Yes, because I have so much motivation to lie about this!

/boggle

Some of you people are rediculous.

Lukna

Quote from: Rhaynne
QuoteI can. And I call BS.

Yes, because I have so much motivation to lie about this!

/boggle

Some of you people are rediculous.

My point is that my beliefs aren't unfounded because I am in beta and I did feedback and they didn't listen. They didn't listen to any of the other beta beasts I talked to either.