Main Menu

Gates of Discord AAs (Jan 29, 2004)

Started by Xalmat, January 30, 2004, 09:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bengali

It's one thing to say that your feedback wasn't implemented.

It's a totally different thing to say that they didn't listen to it, or that it was ignored entirely or that the devs were never interested in hearing it in the first place.

This part of the thread started because of that claim -- the one that beta is a complete waste of time because the devs only want to run stress tests, and have zero interest in feedback from testers as to design.  This is the claim that some people are arguing is off-base (with good reason).  I don't think anyone is remotely trying to suggest that the devs will always follow people's suggestions.

The devs are interested in what people think with respect to design issues.  You don't even need to be in beta to know that -- I'm sure you can find posts on various message boards where they ask what people think, and even the fact that they ever post there at all is evidence they are reading people's feedback.  

Sometimes they agree with feedback, other times they don't.  Sometimes they even want to implement ideas people come up with but can't because of technical or balance reasons.  Some ideas get shelved for later expansions because the time isn't right.  And some ideas just aren't good.  

None of that is intended to suggest that your feeback wasn't good or that it wasn't implemented for any of the above reasons.  But I find it odd that people are willing to use some examples of unimplemented feedback as evidence that everyone is being ignored.  It's just a logical fallacy.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Losariav

Total and senseless /derail on

You love that word so much and use it in every other post... and it's killing me.. it's spelled RIDICULOUS!

I'll use it in a sentence for you.. You look ridiculous spelling it this way, rediculous.

/derail off

continue debating the devs intentions
Losariav's junk
65th Beastlord
Mithanial Marr

cougerofeq

Maybe it should be RIDICULOUS the first time and REDICULOUS the second time - ill feedback that to the scholars and see what they think. Heaven knows what is correct grammar is subject to change based on popular use.

Personally I could care less how you spell it as long as I know what you mean.

I sure hope we get some good feedback on release day as to what seems to be the best way to spend our 30 saved AAs for best results.

thukthuk and gator

Huh, and here all along I thought it was spelled RICOCKULOUS.
Thukthuk and Baron Gator <Arete> E'ci Server

Thuky's Gear

Rhaynne

Oh darn.  You got me on one of several words I consistently spell wrong (along with receive and amount, btw).  Note my deep and abiding concern on how it actually affects my argument.