Main Menu

How about our throwing?

Started by Perriinn, February 23, 2006, 03:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perriinn

This isn't really an important issue but just another thing that doesn't quite seem balanced or fair for the Bst's.  Our throwing cap is 120.  Why?  We are 1/2 monk (suposedly), shouldnt we get a higher range attack?  I may be wrong but I think most other classes that melee get to either use a bow or have a higher base throwing.  Now I'm sure 90% of Bst's would not care about this either way but I do enjoy playing around with range attacks and would love to see the abillity improve.

Just my 2cp about this and hadn't seen it brought up before :)

Perriinn t'Aybarra - The Seventh Hammer

Tastian

I think 1/2 monk is very far off just from looking at the facts hehe.  That's really another issue entirely though. 8P

We do get spells for ranged damage, in theory a pet for ranged damage, etc.  Also as I recall archery for pal/sk is capped around the 75 mark.  I'm honestly not sure off the top of my head how far off the throwing cap is relatively speaking.  I'll leave this here for some others to offer some feedback and if anyone would like to actually verify the numbers that'd help give us some perspective on where things stand. 

Rarrum

With a number of fights out there that are ranged-only (and pet attacking anyways is either disallowed or impractical), I do sometimes pull out the old shissar fangs for the heck of it.  They don't contribute much, but it's a tradeoff between sitting/medding and throwing things... or between laziness and throwing things ;p  On longer fights it's probably even a bad idea to use them (unless nukes/dots don't land), as the mana from medding would do a lot more damage.

A better cap might help that some, but as it is now, I see throwing as a "fun thing to do" rather than a serious ability.  Compared to all our other bugs and issues, it'd be rather low on my priority list.

Grolyn

I have a dusty sorioz bag for unlimited shissar fangs though I hope to get upgraded to a new bag from Time that summons shurikens with better stats.  Not often I'd use it except to tag or when fighting ranged only.

The last time my guild did a cursed cycle in ssra, one mob was ranged only except for tanks.  I had over 1,000 fangs summoned, hit autofire hot key and just sat back and watched.